PDA

View Full Version : Our Windshield Wipers SUCK!!!

irrational
12-12-2003, 12:15 PM
i am not sure bout the rest of you guys but my wipers needed replacing towards the end of my first year of ownership. they all ripped!!! anyone else have or notice this problem?

BlackNRedSi
12-12-2003, 12:18 PM
your suppose to change wipers @ least 3-6 months, so you did good having them for a full year...mine have been on since this time last year as well...yeah they are dry rotted too....ahwell, looks like ima have to get new ones...

i believe you can get them off tirerack.com i saw them there last night, along with replacment bulbs for our car

hope that helps alill

eric

irrational
12-12-2003, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by BlackNRedSi
your suppose to change wipers @ least 3-6 months, so you did good having them for a full year...mine have been on since this time last year as well...yeah they are dry rotted too....ahwell, looks like ima have to get new ones...

i believe you can get them off tirerack.com i saw them there last night, along with replacment bulbs for our car

hope that helps alill

eric
no shit? 3-6 months? i tried to look for em on tire rack but was unsuccessful.

Mugen_EP
12-12-2003, 12:22 PM
Mine are over a year old and working just great.

blacksihatch
12-12-2003, 12:24 PM
I need new ones after 10 months there making noises.

BSEVEER
12-12-2003, 12:26 PM
Mine are a little over a year old and a couple of them have torn a little on the ends. I've heard people have had some trouble finding replacements, is this a problem?

Zero Three Si
12-12-2003, 12:27 PM
Mine are fine and I've got 12,000 miles on my car and have had the car for 8 months. Then again I clean all the grit and grime off the blades when I was the car.

STP03BlueSI
12-12-2003, 12:31 PM
Mine suck and I purchased my car in July:blushm:

Btrthnezr3
12-12-2003, 12:32 PM
Yeh, it sucks how often you have to replace stuff like that sometimes...it all depends on where you live, temperature, humidity, exposure to the sun/rain/snow, the type of rain you have (acid rain in houston), and amount of usage...damn...that sucks!
I just hate how they are two different sizes...bastards!

esmith13
12-12-2003, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by BSEVEER
Mine are a little over a year old and a couple of them have torn a little on the ends. I've heard people have had some trouble finding replacements, is this a problem?

I looked for aftermarket replacements of both the whole arm and just blade refills for 2 months before I gave up and bought them from honda.

It's been a while since i did it all, but if i remember correctly the large drivers side one you can get a replacement for as a whole arm or just a refill, but I could not find a smaller passenger side one that was big enough - yet not too big! Best i could do was one that was an inch or two too small or one that would scratch the window framing from being 1/2inch too big. AND the best part was the brands i could find the large one in didn't make the undersized small one. and 2 different brands looked funny - since their all made a little different....

I gave up and paid honda $45 for refills for the two front ones and a whole arm replacement for the rear.....

:(

Someone let me know if they find aftermarket ones - please?

... I need new ones again :( :(

Eric

younggotti266
12-12-2003, 12:41 PM
got mine end of may and the wipers suck donkey balls...

Just go to kragen or auto zone
$15 and you'll be very satisfied by the wipers when that
rain starts pouring......

blacksihatch
12-12-2003, 12:42 PM
I need new ones after 10 months there making noises.

esmith13
12-12-2003, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by younggotti266
got mine end of may and the wipers suck donkey balls...

Just go to kragen or auto zone
$15 and you'll be very satisfied by the wipers when that
rain starts pouring......

What brand and sizes did you get?? refils or arm replacements??

Eric

BlackNRedSi
12-12-2003, 12:47 PM
Go to TireRac.com

or click this link

http://www.tirerack.com/accessories/AccResults.jsp?category=a_WiperBlades&autoMake=Honda&autoModel=Civic+Si+Hatchback&autoModClar=&autoYear=2003&searchType=null&x=61&y=7

20 dollars for the Passenger side wiper

25 dollars for the Driver side wiper

Mugen Power
12-12-2003, 12:50 PM
Man, on my large, front wiper, the end that's closest to the base of the arm keeps on skipping, even after I replaced the inserts. Seems like the new insert isn't as bad as the old one but does someone else have that problem? I thought maybe the metal part that pushes the insert against the glass was bent but I tried bending that and it really didn't bend at all (I didn't wanna break the thing). I dunno, it gets really annoying seeing AND hearing that thing skip, and just on one end!

raiyo
12-12-2003, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by esmith13

I gave up and paid honda $45 for refills for the two front ones and a whole arm replacement for the rear.....

:(

Someone let me know if they find aftermarket ones - please?

... I need new ones again :( :(

Eric

No way... I paid 24 dollars for all three from dealer. Both front replacement blades and the rear arm with blade. I haven't got them yet, still on back order.

younggotti266
12-12-2003, 01:08 PM
f'en crap

went to autozone.com & kragen.com

They don't have any wipers for our cars....

fuck going to honda and paying for them....

if i go to honda i'll have them give me free ones.

dtexan
12-12-2003, 01:17 PM
I went to the autopart store and couldnt find them in the computer so the guy just went out there and measured them. Worked out fine for me

esmith13
12-12-2003, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by raiyo
No way... I paid 24 dollars for all three from dealer. Both front replacement blades and the rear arm with blade. I haven't got them yet, still on back order.

Yeah, well... I went through it in march, so maybe their cheaper now... or i just got screwed.......

Ah, fuckit.... I can never win.... :(

Eric

Mwing
12-12-2003, 01:43 PM
I got my car under 2 months and they are making noises and not doing a job to remove all the water.

If anyone knows any aftermarket replacements please let us know.

Lynx
12-12-2003, 02:32 PM
Went to Wallmart and got some Rainex blades. Why get the OEM blades, they suck ass.

Drivers Side: 24"
Passenger Side: 15.5" or 16" will work too.
Rear: 9"

HgSi
12-12-2003, 02:35 PM
I've had mine since september of last year. That's over a year. But they're starting to look like they need to be replaced.

SilverEpInDc
12-12-2003, 02:35 PM
our sizes are 17 inch and 22 inch... my dad is a Vp of a Windsheild wiper company haha

icegrill
12-12-2003, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by SilverEpInDc
our sizes are 17 inch and 22 inch... my dad is a Vp of a Windsheild wiper company haha

Not really the right size:rolleyes: But thanks for the tip, I got some Bosh microedge for around $20 a piece they have worked sweet. No chatter and way better quality than the stock blades. The correct sizes are 24" driver and 16" passenger;)

SilverEpInDc
12-12-2003, 02:41 PM
Ahh I ment 16 sorry wrong button!

Lynx
12-12-2003, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by SilverEpInDc

Ahhhh yeah, 17" is to big for the passenger side, 16" comes close to hitting the window molding.

Oops just seen your repost:D

K-Series
12-12-2003, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by Mugen_EP
Mine are over a year old and working just great.

Mine were jacked so I ordered replacement refills AND arms since they looked chipped and worn.

Steve

thereisnospoon
12-12-2003, 03:14 PM
I just put on PIAA 26" and 16" new wipers. They work great and going to the 26" gives me that extra little tiny unnoticeable bit of clean windshield near the top (im tall ) ;)

I also figured out last night how to adjust my rear nozzle - that thing was spraying right over the car...

STP03BlueSI
12-12-2003, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by thereisnospoon
I just put on PIAA 26" and 16" new wipers. They work great and going to the 26" gives me that extra little tiny unnoticeable bit of clean windshield near the top (im tall ) ;)

I also figured out last night how to adjust my rear nozzle - that thing was spraying right over the car...

My nozzle did that at the beginning. I got a lot of people on the interstate:angelm: :smilem:

BarracksSi
12-12-2003, 04:41 PM
Everyone here scrubs their blades when they squeegee their windows at the gas station, correct?

If not, do so -- it'll most likely greatly extend the life of your wipers.

PogoFX
12-12-2003, 05:37 PM
I got the RainX replacements (arm and blade) from Walmart also. You can get both fronts for just under $20. They look pretty good (i.e. low profile) compared to most of the others. So far, they seem to work much better than the OEM. Time will tell though. I thought the OEM blades wore out quicker than average in my opinion. Plus, when it comes time to replace these, I can find a Walmart almost anywhere and know that I'm not getting "ripped off".

Mugen_EP
12-12-2003, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by BarracksSi
Everyone here scrubs their blades when they squeegee their windows at the gas station, correct?

Um, the only thing I do at a gas station is get gas. I dont touch my car with anything but the damn gas nozzle.:p

esmith13
12-12-2003, 08:12 PM
I have special wipes that clean and revitilize the rubber blade on the wipers... They do a great job keeping the OEM blades from skipping or missing streaks... I tink I'll try the rainX walmart ones next time tho....

Eric