PDA

View Full Version : F20C possible...

madbrain
09-18-2002, 07:49 AM
Performance racing has swapped a K20A into a Lotus Elise and had an F20C from an S2000. They found that the fitment for the F20C is about the same as the K series. They are mating the F20C to a K series 6 speed gearbox with a new bell housing they are manufacturing. They said that this bell housing will be availabe for sale.

Because our tranny and the six speed are exactly the same you could use thier bell housing to swap an F series engine into your Si. Or you could purchase the six speed either way its pretty F'in badass.

On a side note for those of you that dont know, the Lotus Elise is powered by a turbo Honda B series engine. A little simple deduction tells you:

A. if a K series can be swapped into a B series chassis

B. an F series can be swapped into a B series chassis

C. an F series will fit in a K.

02TafWhtSi
09-19-2002, 06:26 PM
despite the fact that the F20C was designed for a RWD drivetrain?

madbrain
09-19-2002, 06:30 PM
Pleae read,

They are mating the F20C to a K series 6 speed gearbox with a new bell housing they are manufacturing. They said that this bell housing will be availabe for sale.

02TafWhtSi
09-19-2002, 06:34 PM
whoops - caught me dozing off...I would assume then that our 5-speeds are not far off?

madbrain
09-19-2002, 06:43 PM
Actually the housing for the 5 spd and the 6 spd are the same so with thier kit an F20c will mate to your stock tranny.

Where are you located in NJ I haven't seen any other Ep's around.

02TafWhtSi
09-20-2002, 03:04 PM
I live in Woodbridge and work/go to school in Edison (both in Middlesex County). I have seen only 5 new Si's on the roads around me including 2 at middlesex county college where I go. How about you?

brian g
09-22-2002, 01:22 AM
You need to do a little more research. A Lotus is not a Honda with a turbo B-series engine. Never has been, never will be. There is a Lotus with a turbo B engine.

The whole B-series argument is flawed because the Elise mounts the engin in the rear which makes the comparison moot.

Here are some facts:

You would be able to install an F20 with some custom mounts, the custom bell housing, the RSX 6-speed and most likely a custom intake manifold.

The custom bell housing would fit the 5 speed gear box if it used the same bell housing as the 6 speed. It doesn't, so most likely it won't.

brian g

madbrain
09-22-2002, 09:03 AM
Yes I am mad cant you read my name.

To continue Honda engines are swapped so often that new engine mount kits for the K series swap came out about a month after its release. OF course you will need mounts I'm sure everyone else Knows this too, but thanks just in case we are all stupid. I am sure if you wanted mounts for a F20C you could find them or make them.

You would be able to install an F20 with some custom mounts, the custom bell housing, the RSX 6-speed and most likely a custom intake manifold.

And one more thing, why the F**K did you post call me mad and then show me some facts which were basicly my own. Except the manifold.

OK, I'm done now. So after the little flame you simply agree with the thread title "F20C Possible." I know you guys at Hasport know your shyt so why don't you just do the swap and let us know how it turns out. Later... Eddie

02TafWhtSi
09-22-2002, 03:24 PM
The real problem then is not trying to make it fit but actually finding an authentic S2000 engine with low miles. If Honda only produces about 5000 a year it should be pretty tough!

brian g
09-22-2002, 10:04 PM
The "mad" comment was a play ony your name. Didn't mean to make you "mad".

brian g

madbrain
09-23-2002, 07:19 AM
I'm not mad, I was just playin'. When you are done boosting the K20A2 do you plan to release a kit ???

brian g
09-23-2002, 07:47 AM
No, but the company that is making the turbo kit will.

brian g

madbrain
09-24-2002, 06:27 PM
Sounds good thanks.

ortedd
10-18-2002, 09:56 AM
about the lotus being rwd, the motor is transversly mounted. . .just like a fwd car.

madbrain
10-18-2002, 05:38 PM
The real problem then is not trying to make it fit but actually finding an authentic S2000 engine with low miles. If Honda only produces about 5000 a year it should be pretty tough!

Actually you can buy one from Spoon for a reasonable price, although shipping will be another matter.

fatboyhatch
10-18-2002, 07:29 PM
to chang a car from rwd to front u need to but the engine the other way and switxh over the tranny. in super street mag they have a del sol with an s2000 motor in the trunk of the car. when you swaped out the old engine y wouldnt you just put the old stock motor into the back of yours?? a guy did that in a tiburon and had a twin engine twin turbo awd car, it ran the quarter mile in 10.somethin and 0-60 in 3.68 secs. hell if i swsaped out one id do the same:D :D :)