PDA

View Full Version : Test drove a ep

StickyHydro318
12-12-2003, 05:44 PM
This test drive was right after i test drove a 97 prelude sh.

Doesnt have a sporty feel to it like the ludes has.
The tq was pretty nice.1st gears revs quick,i redlined it accidently.the vtec-i doesnt feel nothing like vtec and doesnt sound as cool either.i shifter was weird at 1st but had a pretty good throw.3rd gear didnt pull noware near as hard as the lude.the ep feels a lil faster than my corolla in 1st-2nd i think my 3rd pulls a tad harder and definally revs out farther(92mph)

I almost churped 3rd,prolly def could with a act clutch.the seats and interior wasnt as nice as the lude.the ep felt better to drive at low rpms,the lude screamed up top tho.When u pop the hood all you see is alot of engine.It doesnt seem like you sit in the car,the lude felt good,felt like siting on the ground,the ludes shifting was pretty good,it had some lowprofiles on it and barely got a churo from 1-2.the ep got some wheel hop a few times.

Over all i wood take the lude over the ep and i think the ep is over price for what it is(20k)I think the ep is a lil quicker then my rolla but mainly a drivers race.

Brettnyt
12-12-2003, 06:15 PM
20k for an EP isnt worth it... Thats why we got mine for 15.5k..

ADAMnQuickCIVIC
12-12-2003, 06:21 PM
Just FYI, A brand new Prelude costed about $26,000+.
No doubt that stock vs stock the 'lude will be slightly quicker and most definitely handles better.
No shock there.

Now do the same comparison vs. your Corolla...LMAO.

DavidT
12-12-2003, 06:24 PM
Dude my previous car was a 2000 Prelude Sh and all I can say is GOD I miss that car :o The EP has no where near the upper end power as the Lude but down low I think it's got more omph than the Lude. For practicality, the EP is actually more practical than the lude. It's got more leg room in the rear and the front, more head room overall, it gets 30 MPG on a good day. My lude would only get like 23-24 MPG on very long drives. EP will fall short of handling and power compared to the Lude. Dunno how I ended up with the EP after selling my Prelude :p

Zero Three Si
12-12-2003, 07:40 PM
There are ONLY questions and by no means am I trying to be a dick.

1. Why are you here? You don't owned an ep and you don't seem to be interested in buying one.

2. Did you realize you are comparing two TOTALLY DIFFERENT CARS? The prelude and the civic are in totally seperate classes. Hmmm...160hp vs. 200 hp

3. You're provided us with no information that is new to us.

4. Adam...for the first and probably the last time I get to correct you. You can't buy a NEW prelude anymore. hehehehe

PS. You don't have every good shopping skills if they gave you a price of 20k. Practically, every member here paid about 16,000 for their Civic Si.

pedzola
12-12-2003, 07:47 PM
16,900 :(

BlackNRedSi
12-12-2003, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by pedzola
16,900 :(

yeah but if you do it on average it comes out to about 16...lol i paid 15...

and yes this thread is useless...

its like saying, 'hey i test drove the rsx-s and the ep...i liked the ep, but it had no where near the hp or tq the type s had...' WAYYY DIFFERENT cars man....
go test drive a SRT4, u want power? watch that rip the lude you drove! :)

eric

skooba
12-12-2003, 08:09 PM
These ARE statements, and if I am being a dick, then oh well.

1. The EP's stock tires suck ass. You're comparing them to aftermarket ones on the prelude, unfair. That is where your wheelhop came from.

2. Adam said a brand new prelude "costed". Im pretty sure he knows you can't buy a new one anymore, thats why he added an "-ed", although it doesn't make too much sense, lol.

3. The EP and prelude are in a different car class. Like zero three said, 160hp vs. 200hp. Also note price, 19k vs 26k. You should expect more from the 26k car.

4. Your grammar sucks, as does your spelling.

5. Who cares that you would take a prelude over an EP. Like we noted earlier, it is a completely different car.

6. We welcome everyone on this board, but if you post pointless crap like this you could spare everyone the punishment of having to read through your horribly written, horribly compared, and horribly opinionated review.

Thanks

BlackNRedSi
12-12-2003, 08:13 PM
vbp si 03 i agree with you on everything but the tires on the ep...they are very good tires...they are the best tires made by the company that makes them for our car....slam your car on our stockies the car drives ALOT better on them that added pressure on them REALLY helps....

but yeah i hated my stockies when i had them too (cause i didnt drop my car on them)...ahwell

eric

02HatchSI
12-12-2003, 08:14 PM
i eat basic modded preludes for breakfast :)

Peking
12-12-2003, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by vbp si 03
4. Your grammar sucks, as does your spelling.
5. Who cares that you would take a prelude over an EP. Like we noted earlier, it is a completely different car.
6. We welcome everyone on this board, but if you post pointless crap like this you could spare everyone the punishment of having to read through your horribly written, horribly compared, and horribly opinionated review.
Thanks

His grammar does suck, and your right on anyone giving a damn what he would take. I agree 100% with #6. Then again mybe we are being alittle hard on him.

http://spankdog.dyndns.org/albums/album69/lamethread.gif

Thanks StickyH ;)

TheMutt
12-12-2003, 10:06 PM
I'd never heard from anyone before that was choosing b/t the Prelude and the Si and had driven both. I think I learned something from this post.

rs_1101
12-13-2003, 12:45 AM
hes just comparing cars.. lol. put 26k into an ep and see how it compares to the h22

CaTiRo
12-13-2003, 01:21 AM
a 97 prelude is going to be cheaper than a new si. insurance should be cheaper too. overall the 97 prelude will save him some money, so take the savings and turbo the lude and you will have one fun ride. even if you don't turbo it, i/h/e on the h22 will yield good results as well.

civicSIracer
12-13-2003, 01:28 AM
why is the crapola troll still around here?
you still wanna race faggot?

!@#$%
12-13-2003, 07:32 AM
i've driven a modded 5th gen prelude. It revved alot faster than the ep but didnt really feel that much torquier. The prelude had aem short ram, magnaflow exhaust and a vafc.

I'm positive that my ep with i/h/e would give it a good run.

redronin22
12-13-2003, 07:54 AM
Wouldnt a prelude's insurance be more since its a "sports" car?

oogy-boogy
12-13-2003, 08:05 AM
Poop thread....:(

anjapower
12-13-2003, 08:21 AM
I have i/e and hondata on my EP3, I've kept 1 car ahead of a BB6 Lude with i/e...I've seen plenty of them run high 15s/low 16s at the drag strip, basically on par with EP3s. I don't think they are faster than our cars.

redronin22
12-13-2003, 09:49 AM
not to mention they weigh like 3000 lbs

oogy-boogy
12-13-2003, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by Peking
His grammar does suck, and your right on anyone giving a damn what he would take. I agree 100% with #6. Then again mybe we are being alittle hard on him.

http://spankdog.dyndns.org/albums/album69/lamethread.gif

Thanks StickyH ;)

That pic couldn't stress my opinion any better........:D

kylenls
12-13-2003, 12:29 PM
first off prelude is not cheaper for the money you pay if you can find one w/ under 40,000 miles on it you are probably going to pay 22k plus and anything above is still going to be around 18-20k i got my ep for 15.5k if i put 4 grand into the ep you wouldnt stand a chance.
thnks kyle nelson

Peking
12-13-2003, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by oogy-boogy
That pic couldn't stress my opinion any better........:D

If I spend along time looking at that pic, I start to feel funny :D

oogy-boogy
12-14-2003, 07:44 AM
Originally posted by Peking
If I spend along time looking at that pic, I start to feel funny :D

Lol....Ha ha haaa :D .

Makes me feel like watching Mr Rogers.

DavidT
12-14-2003, 09:06 AM
Yes it's super obvious that the Prelude and Civic are in TOTALLY different classes. C'mon...a Civic :p The Prelude was Honda's flagship sports car for a long time. If Honda invented something neat, the Prelude was the first to get it. The Prelude was the first to get FRM in 1990 (Fiber inforced material) like the S2000 and NSX. Prelude was first to go to OBDI in 1990 for Honda, Prelude was first to get R134a freon, Prelude was first to get ALB and 4WS. I don't recall the Civic being first to get anything :p

Anyhow, I was paying more for my 2000 Prelude SH in terms of car payment AND insurance. Good lord insurance was killing me for the Prelude. Even though my EP was basically brand new when I got it, payment was cheaper every month compared to the lude. And yes, a modded Si will surely beat a stock SH. Preludes are uber heavy, the 97+ models are about 3000 pounds, the auto and SH models are heavier. But think about it, they still haul ass for being heavy huh? :D If you purchase an SI for 16k, and say a used 97+ lude usually goes for $20k+. Purchase the SI for 16k, put about 4-6k into it to make it an even price with the lude and the Si will smoke the ba-jesus out of the lude ;) And you're saving money every month b/c insurance will be cheaper.

BTW, incase anybody cares my EP's insurance is only like $20 more a month compared to my 1991 Prelude Si (Yes, 12 year old car with pricey insurance), but $100 less than my 2000 Prelude Sh ;)

Vivid-Cruz
12-14-2003, 02:11 PM
GO AWAY!! STickyHydro!! go smoke some shit and forget this website ever existed!

Is this the same guy that came on a while back saying he would take any ep on the track and then didnt even show up???

EP GFX '03
12-16-2003, 12:32 PM
I drove a friends modded Lude in the summer (2000 Prelude)...don't know if it was just his, but when you launched, it seemed like the whole front end was going to "chatter" itself to death.

Derek.

rs_1101
12-16-2003, 05:20 PM
i was wondering about race lightening a prelude. but i wouldnt pay that much for a fwd car.... again. (ep)

K20A3Si
12-16-2003, 07:13 PM
the k-series is a great motor..it can be driven just as hard as tyhe b-series and can produce just as much power.....i am waiting fo rmy A2 swap...i love the K-series:D

KickerSi
12-16-2003, 07:40 PM
Hey Sticky do you still want to race or are you scared now? 1320 is this Fri. Do you want to try it again or do you not want to go b/c they dont give slip? :'(:'(:'(:'(:'( DAMN BABY! BTW, why in the hell would you compare a lude to an Si? Are you smoking crack or my exhaust?

rbloedow
12-17-2003, 12:27 AM
I pretty much agree with the general seniment of this thread, except for the price of Preludes that everyone id dishing out. YOu can find a 97 Prelude for anywhere between 8k-15k, but most are selling around 10k. You can find a 2k1 between 17k-22k.

oldschoolimport
12-17-2003, 12:38 AM
Originally posted by Vivid-Cruz
Is this the same guy that came on a while back saying he would take any ep on the track and then didnt even show up??? yep, same troll, with the toyota crapolla from hell!