PDA

View Full Version : is this a good route to take?

stingyboy
06-29-2002, 05:15 PM
for an '02 Si hatch...

eibach pro-kit - $248
koni front - $308
koni rear - $282
shipping extra

grand total - $ 868 shipped

i already have 17" enkie 5+ wheels on 215/40 tires (which is why i only want the 1" drop). for the money, is this a good suspension set-up. what would be better (and please include $$$ if you have other suggestions)?

stingyboy
06-29-2002, 11:48 PM
yeah man sounds good. lol. reply to myself.

anyway...after a bit of searching i found some better prices:

$192 for the eibach pro-kits from asylumms.com

$535 for all the konis at tornactive.com

hope this helps anyone else in the market. ~sting

xlr8
06-30-2002, 10:16 AM
dont buy from asylumms. alot of people on chb did and it took forever to get their parts and bad customer service. if you want to only lower your car one inch then those are the right springs, but why only one inch? i have 215/40 17s and the h&r's and i love the setup. i also have stock shocks and the handling is excelent. let me know how the konis turn out

stingyboy
06-30-2002, 12:22 PM
honestly, it's just a personal preference on ride height. i really like the look of cars slightly lowered for a more aggressive stance, but once it gets lower than about 1.5 inches it starts to take on a whole different look that just doesn't work for me.

on a side note, DAMN, i ordered from asylumm before i heard anything bad about them! wish me luck... :(

stingyboy
07-01-2002, 10:40 AM
FYI, i called asylumms.com this morning to check on the eibachs. he said this is not a manufacturer they normally keep in stock - 2-3 weeks.

i said, no thanks...cancelled.

i'd suggest talking to them in person about what you want instead of ordering online and then feeling pissed off 3 weeks later waiting for your parts.

xlr8
07-01-2002, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by stingyboy
FYI, i called asylumms.com this morning to check on the eibachs. he said this is not a manufacturer they normally keep in stock - 2-3 weeks.

i said, no thanks...cancelled.

i'd suggest talking to them in person about what you want instead of ordering online and then feeling pissed off 3 weeks later waiting for your parts.
i ve never ordered from them i was just giving you a heads up if you hadnt delt with them yet. check groupbuycenter.com they have eibachs on sale all the time

BlazeX12
07-04-2002, 09:45 PM
hey stingy can you post pics or your car, i wanna see the rims, they are the ones i want for my car. I want to see how they look, i'm ordering mine from discounttiredirect.com tommorrow, paying $1,000 with tires 17" 205/50.

stingyboy
07-05-2002, 12:06 AM
sorry blaze, they won't be on until next wed. (July 10th). eibach pro-kit, koni yellow, and the wheels.

the rims are in the backyard until then. if it makes you feel any better, my lawn gained 12 hp just from their presence. seriously though, they are f'ing sweeeeeeet ass rims. they look great, and i'm sure they're going to look great on our cars. order them and sleep easy.

but if you can wait, pics next week.

02TafWhtSi
07-05-2002, 04:02 PM
I ordered my Pro-Kits from optauto.com last Tues. and they said they would ship them away. As soon as I get em installed I post some pics.

stingyboy
07-11-2002, 02:17 AM
finally got it all on the car. the koni's are great, but i'm a bit confused about how to adjust them for the best ride.

the pro-kits are fantastic for giving you a more aggressive look and slightly stiffer springs. a modest drop (what i wanted) and a better ride. next set of rubber will be 205/45/17 instead of 215/40/17. the extra sidewall on the tire will smooth out the road a bit and further close the dreaded wheel gap, and 215 width feels a bit heavy, imo.

love the enkei's.

cornering now is putting my seats to the test. i feel like they're gonna come unbolted and throw me from the vehicle around those fast turns now.

next step, the comptech tie/sway bar.

pics in the rides forum. check it out.

DynaSpeed
07-11-2002, 07:23 AM
have you driven the car with the 205's? you really think the 215's tread width is enough to actually *feel* like a more bulky wheel? I was pretty set on putting on the 215/40-17's, for Lat G's. But, now I'm beginning to question it.

I'm not terribly worried about ride quality, but I do hafta balance it in there somewhere. I'm gonna go with the GC's, and hopefully it'll be alright with the stock shocks until I can get the Yellows or AGX's.

stingyboy
07-11-2002, 11:14 AM
if you're all about performance and going for BEST lateral grip, then of course 215's will give you more traction. BUT for me, i need a better balance of *feel* along with improved handling for day-to-day.

so yeah, 205 is wide enough for my needs on our little cars. perhaps in the future with performance mods i'll feel differently, but with the power i have now, no.

wish i had the money to trade 'em now. or maybe i'll try and sell them to someone who wants these bigger shoes.