PDA

View Full Version : basic problems..

ryanjennings
12-12-2003, 09:16 PM
Well ive ben here for a long time but i never post alot.. i like to read since im only 16 and dont know anything about my car. But im going to ask a few questions..

1) I have like 5 tiny scratches on the side of my car.. how much does that cost to get it fixed?

2) When i first bought my ep it didnt make any inside noise.. i mean like sqeaks and stuff.. now when i have the music off and i turn i hear it go like "weewomp" i cant describe it but it makes me hate the car.

3) Can the ep lose its speed from taking it to like high rpms alot? And i redlined once..

4) can an ice cream stain come out of the seat if i take it to the car wash?

make fun of me if you want for these dumb questions i guess... but im the type of person if i find someting wrong with the car i dont want it :'(

simione
12-12-2003, 09:32 PM
1) Depends on how deep the scratches are. If the are light the can probably be buffed out. This is the cheaper route. If the scratches are deeper that you might want to have it looked at by a body shop. This is more expensive.
2)Might be a problem with the suspension. Do a search on suspension problems or a search of a similar nature, this might help you as others on the board have had similar noises. If the car is under warranty take it to the dealer and see if you can duplicate the noise for them to find the problem.
3)I don't think that spirited driving will cause the car to lose power unless you redline from every light. Redlining all the time would probably cause damage to any engine over time. But i wouldn't worry your driving a honda it is meant for higher rpms.
4)Try getting the stain out yourself. Go to your nearest auto parts store and get a can of tuff stuff, it is in a yellow can and follow the directions it is really good on stained surfaces.
good luck man i hope this helps you out

ryanjennings
12-12-2003, 09:42 PM
can the sub be a problem in making the car sqeak?

danoonez
12-12-2003, 11:18 PM
can the sub be a problem in making the car sqeak?

Maybe, but I have two 12"s and nothing squeaks on my car. [knock on wood]

BluePearl03Si
12-12-2003, 11:56 PM
Scratches.....hmmm, either buff them out like simione says, or if they are real shallow try Meguiars Scratch-X

You should prolly shift around 3500 in normal traffic, 4000 or more may be prudent if you are getting on a freeway or something. Feel free to have some fun at times, push it up to redline and feel the (Minor) kick in the pants of the K20A3. =)

Ice cream, yea...Tuff Stuff should do it.