PDA

View Full Version : Noobie Questions

TheMutt
12-13-2003, 09:40 AM
Tried searchin for these but didn't really get exact answers I was lookin for, maybe I should've just spent more time. Anyways here are my questions. I'm basically lookin for some new springs that will give me a decent height drop (1.5" or so) while keeping the stock driveability. I don't want it to be really stiff or really bouncy. I also want to try auto-x soon so they have to be able to put up with a little abuse.

I was reading and people were saying that because the Tein springs aren't made for our car the shocks will go out fast or something like that. Is this always the case or does it only happen to the people that really abuse their suspension?

Also, while reading, I read that people were saying they liked Progress springs and Eibach springs a lot also, but why?

Any help would be nice.

SiR_d1
12-13-2003, 09:46 AM
Ive been riding on TEINs for a while and my shocks are fine. Eibach and Tein have relatively the same drop but the Sportlines are known to have an uneven drop

Civicvtec1ps
12-13-2003, 09:48 AM
I have no problem with tein s tech springs.
http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=21505&highlight=tein+s+tech

oogy-boogy
12-13-2003, 11:24 AM
I love my Eibachs....Ride is a little stiffer but close to stock. It made a huge improvement in handling.:D

HondaMan
12-13-2003, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by oogy-boogy
I love my Eibachs....Ride is a little stiffer but close to stock. It made a huge improvement in handling.:D

I've taken a ride in an EP with Eibach Sportlines and have to say they ride better than the Progress springs (which I use to have on my ride). I currently have a full blown Tein Basics suspension and love it & I Autocross! :)