PDA

View Full Version : Rota quality?

RedLight_Si
12-13-2003, 11:32 PM
Im kinda interested in some Rota Slipstreams and was wondering for those who have them or Rota wheels in general, how they have held up and how you like them. Are they strong and well built? Will they hold up to daily driving(pot holes, road salt,ect.) Im still kinda skeptical of quality after hearing that story about that WRX whose lost his wheel during a race. I know this was an isolated incident though and Rota payed for the repairs. Thoughts?

Jenn03si
12-14-2003, 12:55 AM
i've heard that Rotas are good rims for hte price. i don't think that you could go wrong with them.

estebones
12-14-2003, 05:45 AM
I have heard that they bend rather easily...but I think thats mor because of the weight not the quality.
I dunno I dont have Rotas....still thinking about something that resembles the CTR rims.

HondaMan
12-14-2003, 07:16 AM
I have Rota C8s and the quality is very good and I have had no problems with for the past 2 months...and my car is a daily driver & I have raced on these wheels for 2 Autocross events & a Deal's Gap road trip in this time.

civic hatch boi
12-14-2003, 12:59 PM
i have rota c10's, love them. look great. and 50% of the civics have the slipstreams. so i guess they're ok

raiyo
12-14-2003, 07:28 PM
I had some Rota Attacks or something, forgot name, but it is 5 spoke. I had em on my Del Sol back then, I can NEVER see pot holes at night for some reason. I always be hittin em hard. After going through 3 sets of tires, that's about 3 years, then I found one of the 4 got bent. If you got better night vision than I, you shouldn't have a problem with them. Lightweight and good quailty.

Vertigo
12-16-2003, 02:21 AM
I have a set of Rota's and love them. Inexpensive and lightweght. i have not had a problem with them yet. So far they are holding up well for the chore of daily driving.