PDA

View Full Version : Errrr

yellerep3
12-14-2003, 10:49 AM
ok THE EP IS HONDA NUMBER 12 FOR ME AND I LOVE IT MORE THAN ANY OF THE OTHER. iTS VERY DIFFERENT from the other ones ive owned how ever it was the first new one i had and i did expect it to be a bit more polished. Im at like 33000 miles and the tranney doesnt grind that much but it is kinda shakey, and im also getting a lot of suspension noise as well as paint peeling from the center console where the radio is located, but i figure the after market will fix all of this, but still i thought it would hold a bit longer, im buying the spoon clutch cable for her so the shifter bushings and the nuespeed short shifter hopeing that will make the shifts more reliable. All in all i love her long tyme

DavidT
12-14-2003, 10:59 AM
My EP is the fourth Honda I've owned and so far the best yet. My list goes:

1st: 88 CRX (Pile of slow shit)
2nd: 91 Prelude Si (Trick car at the time, FRM cylinder walls, B21 motor, sooo smooth, no rattles or noises even when I sold it @ 123k miles)
3rd: 00 Prelude SH (Still miss it very much, built motor 9k revs were awesome, insane VTEC power ran 13.1 with a 75 shot :D )
4th and current: 02 Civic Si

It's been a better Honda than my previous cars. I'm at 15k miles and do about 2500 miles a month b/c of school, work and travel. The EP is very practical and to be honest with you I've never really asked for more power from the motor b/c even with 5 people, hatch loaded with crap it will still go fine because of the torque. Even the H22A in my Prelude didn't like being loaded too much, I'd have to sit and wait for VTEC for power...but then again it already a fat bitch (weighs over 3000 pounds) so when loaded it's even heavier.

I see a lot of complaints on this board about our EPs...oh it's this, oh it's that. I'm sure once they move on to other cars they will miss their EPs. Maybe not now, but they will in the long run. ;)

k20hatch
12-14-2003, 12:19 PM
My ep is the 3rd honda i have onwed...I love every bit of it..The looks..the performance...im happy with it!

1st: 1997 Honda Civic Hx : Tear Graphics = -10hp, aluminum wing = -15 hp, strobe lights = -10hp. So all in all it ran a 1/8 mile time in about 45.2 seconds. Even with my racing floor mats from autozone! ;)

2nd: 2002 Honda Civic Si = couldnt have asked for more...and if i did i couldnt afford it! :)

3rd: 1990 Honda Civic Ex : My winter beater car i paid 100.00$ for and it run and iterior looks great...but the outside looks like balls! Plan on adding a card board body kit and wing, mabey a aftermarket card board front mount intercooler, and some of those spinning hub caps!

SilverEpInDc
12-14-2003, 12:36 PM
Ep is the 2nd ive had!

1st.. 98' ex with a greedy turbo

2nd... EP!

Peking
12-14-2003, 01:11 PM
EP is my first Honda. Before I got this car, I didn't care what kind of car I got. Just as long as it drove. Now with my EP, I don't think I could get anything that wasn't Honda or Acura :)

Brettnyt
12-14-2003, 01:28 PM
The EP is my families 5th honda...

81 Civic Wagon (Bought for a dollar, great car, used it pretty much just to move our dog around)
81 Honda Accord
98 Honda Accord V6 Sedan
01 Civic HX
02 Civic Si

All of which have been fabulous cars from what I can remember, though I was not around for the first accord... They were gunna get a prelude, but my dad could not fit into it... No big problems with any of the cars.... My civic is the Best
:D