PDA

View Full Version : what should I ask for my EP?

jackson03si
12-14-2003, 03:15 PM
Hello everyone.

Unfortunately, I have come to the realization that I cannot afford to make car payments and insurance payments every month. I realized that I was working 80 hours a month to pay for my car. Half my income. Not cool. So anyways, I've decided to bite the bullet and sell the car.

Its a black 2003 EP, Eibach Sportlines, AEM CAI. 10,500 miles. I'd post pictures, but we all know what an EP looks like. Stock except for the springs and intake.

It has a couple barely noticeable dings in the side. (as I suppose most EPs do by now)

I'm planning on putting a regular listing in Auto Trader for $14,5... and then upgrading to the cover of the mag if I can't sell it with the regular listing.

I was hoping to get some input from you guys about what I should be asking for the car, and also any advice you may have for selling such a valuable item to a private party buyer (i.e. test drives, money orders, etc).

I live in the Phoenix, AZ area if that matters to anyone.

thanks for the input.
Jackson

DavidT
12-15-2003, 02:54 AM
80 hours a month? That ain't shit bro, honestly. I'm working 160+ hours a month, plus I go to school full time...I have no time to play at all except during the weekends. I manage fine, and currently because of school and all (70-80 mile round trip everyday) I barely make it through each month with money left over after all my payments. If I can do that, you can at least do half that and keep the car. :D But if you're really set on selling it, then I guess 14,500 is a decent price for the mileage and year. Don't take personal checks ;) :cool:

bayarea408
12-15-2003, 02:58 AM
i just recently traded my 2003 EP with 3681 miles for a Mitsubishi Evo.. dealer gave me $15,500 for my trade :).

jackson03si
12-15-2003, 01:11 PM
Thanks for the replies.

Yeah, I work 160+ hours too. However, with rent and bills and car payment and insurance, that constitutes 90% of my income, leaving me with like $150 to live on for a month. That ain't cool.

How did you get the dealer to give you $15,5? Maybe because you told them you were gonna buy the Evo from them they gave you more. When I called my dealer and asked them what I could get for trade he said he'd have to look at it but I was looking at $8 or $9,000. Ridiculous!

I'm pretty set on selling the car. I'm thinking about buying a cheap little CRX for around $2000 and saving up for a B16a motor swap (wouldn't take me long to save up if I wasn't making car payments and hefty insurance payments per month).

Anyone have any more input? I'm not set on the CRX. I want to spend about $2 or $3000 on a car. What should I get? The cars I've considered are VW Corrado, 300ZX, and the CRX. Ideas?

thanks
Jackson

ep3si02
12-15-2003, 01:20 PM
if you sell it i'd probably say get a 92-95 hatchback(eg). then save up for a swap