PDA

View Full Version : Snow Exhuast

2002EP
12-14-2003, 06:26 PM
Well winter has hit the Northeast and I have one big question that I need to be answered. On these days that it snows a lot, sometimes I find snow in my HKS exhuast, It doesn't go in completely and I clean it out with my hand, BUT, can snow inside the exhuast screw up the sound? My biggest fear with my car is having a fart cannon noise out the back, so can snow/water, change the sound of the exhuast. I mean, I can always put the silencer back on, but I don't wat to lose the hp. Thank you for the help

civicracer1128
12-14-2003, 11:45 PM
think about it this way(i have the same exhaust)...you get more water in it every time you wash it so snow shouldnt be a problem a few times a year. when you wash it you know waters goin in it, when snow does it blocks it so no more sno goes in. you probibly get more water than that little bit of snow puts in there every time spray off the back bumper. just clean it out if you feel the need before you warm up the muffler and melt it in. but really its angled up and it rains in there too. i bet HKS had that in mind when they made the exhaust.

Brettnyt
12-14-2003, 11:50 PM
I believe that the exhaust should get hot enough after driving that the water will evaporate and be forced out the back...

chubbychu
12-15-2003, 12:09 AM
yea...i honestly dont think water is a big deal.

oogy-boogy
12-15-2003, 07:58 AM
You shouldn't have any problems. I've had exhausts on my last 2 Honda's with no problems. Basically, once you fire it up the snow will either blow out the butt or melt and blow out.

2002EP
12-15-2003, 09:35 AM
Hey thanks a lot. Yeah, i havn't noticed any "sound" difference, so i'm pretty happy. Yeah, another question was, do you have to clean out the inside of an exhuast? like will it ever rust on the iside? I don't mean deep inside I just mean like the black part thats on the iside of the tip. Also, is there anything you guys use to keep the silencer nice and black instead of turning gray after you wash the car. Thanks again. :D

Siman
12-15-2003, 10:03 AM
the heat from the exhaust will evaporate it in less than an hour!;)

mrfixit687
12-17-2003, 12:36 PM
you do realize that h2o is a byproduct of your engine's combustion right?