PDA

View Full Version : good all motor setup W/O swap or bottle...

civicracer1128
12-15-2003, 12:02 AM
i know nitrous isnt all motor but most the all motor guys i know run it at the track anyway....sooooooooooooooooooo, without that or a swap what would you do to run decent times with just bolt ons. i knwo any moron can bolt on parts and say its NA and its fast but tuning is an issue. so what would you do?????? o and no internals. lets just say bolt ons for now. if you know enough about the k series to talk internals please cut me off at any time. so ill start.....

aem intake, HKS exhaust.......so then what????? DC header......aem fuel rail, some type of FPR, nology hotwires, new plugs(if you need em im not sure), throttle body, pulleys maybe if they even make em yet....so then what???????? anybody????????? spoon headgasket and hondata heatsheild....maybe the reflash as well. what else????????

j spek chucks
12-15-2003, 05:51 PM
a tornado for your intake lol

DarkHatch
12-15-2003, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by j spek chucks
a tornado for your intake lol
Dude! I'm sav'n up for that one:D

ADAMnQuickCIVIC
12-15-2003, 06:38 PM
CAI
Header
Hi-flow cat
Cat-back exhaust
Hondata flash
Hondata intake manifold gasket
RSX-S 6-speed tranny

Not much else worth doing unless you get into engine/head swap or internals.

DarkHatch
12-15-2003, 09:51 PM
How much is a tranny?

Black 02 SI
12-15-2003, 10:24 PM
i have a magnaflow cat back, injen cold air, dc sports header, and es motor mount inserts. i pull consistant 14's with a 14.8 my best on stock tires. add a few more things, ground wires, new plugs, hondata heat shield gasket, hondata ecu, better tires, and i could see damn close if not 13 sec 1/4 miles times. i'd say that's pretty good for n/a ep with just bolt ons.

ADAMnQuickCIVIC
12-16-2003, 08:12 AM
Originally posted by Black 02 SI
i have a magnaflow cat back, injen cold air, dc sports header, and es motor mount inserts. i pull consistant 14's with a 14.8 my best on stock tires. add a few more things, ground wires, new plugs, hondata heat shield gasket, hondata ecu, better tires, and i could see damn close if not 13 sec 1/4 miles times. i'd say that's pretty good for n/a ep with just bolt ons.

not flaming, but sorry w/o a swap or FI you will NOT run 13's.
and since the thread below, where you admitted lying about your E.T:

http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=21109

i have a hard time believing you.
maybe you DID run a 14.8.
but maybe you have more mods than just I/H/E/mounts.

anjapower
12-16-2003, 02:36 PM
Adam, I'd give him the benefit of doubt since it is like 35 degrees out, lol.

ADAMnQuickCIVIC
12-16-2003, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by anjapower
Adam, I'd give him the benefit of doubt since it is like 35 degrees out, lol.

Yea it's possible, he just doesnt have much credibility regarding his E.T.'s after that other thread.
Whether he has any other mods he's not revealing or not, it's a good E.T. either way.

trk
12-16-2003, 03:08 PM

dude ... your a tard... you got caught in this lie once and fessed up?

whats your deal?

give it up. Im just gonna add your buddy name to my ignore list... then I dont even see your lying posts in the threads. ahhh, the joys of computers.

anjapower
12-16-2003, 05:16 PM
Short of a headswap/turbo/engine swap/n20, an EP3 will never be in the 13s.:(

Black 02 SI
12-16-2003, 06:47 PM
first off, yes that thread was lie. second off fuck you and check out my new post where i posted slips and have witnesses. it's in the at the strip section. and if you still don't believe me, come to the track. don't hate me cause you all suck ass at driving. block me if you want, fact still remains, i drive better and have proven better times than you.

http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=26135

there's the link cause it's sounds like your to much of idiots to figure things for yourself. also be sure to read the whole thread, cause somebody said i was BSing then later admitted to my times when he talked to his buddies i was runnin. and i'll say it again, if you still don't believe, come down to the track.

Black 02 SI
12-16-2003, 06:52 PM
i have the mods that i listed. and why is it so hard to think that these cars could run close to 13's with simple bolt ons? if i had better tires i am sure i could have hit a 14.5, ad some other things here and there, maybe low 14's. i am by far not the first one to hit 14's with simple bolt ons, and i will not be the last. also, there are two reasons i said i went 14.7 b4. 1. the kid is a dip shit, and i was talking shit to him, and i'm sure everyone else has dropped a few tenths off there times when ased in the past. and 2 i said 14.7 because i believed my car was capable of those times, which with my last trip to the track proved that it was. i really don't care if anyone believes me or not. i know the guys i was racing at the track with the spec v's o, cause they saw me run first hand.sorry for beng a little defenseive, but i relize i lied in the past, and i just want people to believe me this time cause i am telling the truth. i talked shit and made up one thing to blaise cause personally i think he lies about his neon, but whatever guess everyone thinks i am a liar now doesn't really matter to me, i know what i did.

Black 02 SI
12-16-2003, 09:33 PM
one other thing. you say there is no way 13's is possible with just bolt on's. so i have decided not to go NOS, and prove you wrong. i am going to get hondata ecu and heat shield, ground wires, new plugs, and a couple other things one which include either better tires or drag radials. and i will bet you that i will run low high 13's low 14's. add a lighter flywheel and better clutch if needed. this WILL be done with full interior the same way i drive it everyday. i am not about gutting cars for the track, i like to see what they run the way i drive them everyday. again not talking shit, but i believe high 13's low 14's isn't impossible. i only need to drop off .8 of my time, and i now just with drag radials and hondata i can easily get .5 or .6 off. anyone else have an opinion about this subject. let's switch from "talking shit" and "flaming" each other, and have some nice discussion like this board was designed to do.

eurosteez
12-16-2003, 10:48 PM
might as well gut your interior too. every little thing helps eh?

Black 02 SI
12-16-2003, 11:02 PM
yeah, it may help a little, but i like to run how i drive it everyday. gets more "real life" 1/4 mile times, ya know?

ADAMnQuickCIVIC
12-17-2003, 05:23 PM
one other thing. you say there is no way 13's is possible with just bolt on's. so i have decided not to go NOS, and prove you wrong. i am going to get hondata ecu and heat shield, ground wires, new plugs, and a couple other things one which include either better tires or drag radials. and i will bet you that i will run low high 13's low 14's. add a lighter flywheel and better clutch if needed. this WILL be done with full interior the same way i drive it everyday. i am not about gutting cars for the track, i like to see what they run the way i drive them everyday. again not talking shit, but i believe high 13's low 14's isn't impossible. i only need to drop off .8 of my time, and i now just with drag radials and hondata i can easily get .5 or .6 off. anyone else have an opinion about this subject. let's switch from "talking shit" and "flaming" each other, and have some nice discussion like this board was designed to do.

If you think you can do that, please prove me wrong, I'd love to know that it's possible, but I am a realist and know it's not.
With I/H/E/Hondata & Azenis on light 15" wheels I couldn't even dip into the 14's and my 60' times were BETTER than yours.
Yes, I'm not a lightweight but my weight is only worth at most a tenth.
I'm not the world's greatest driver but i'd say i'm probably one of the most experienced FWD Drag Racers on this forum.
I've been racing Hondas since 1994 and have well over 1,000 timeslips from the past 10 years.
I've raced everything from a 17 sec. stock civic to a 10 sec. full-race 92 hatch and alot in between.
I know what it takes to run 13's...and in a full interior EP it WILL take either:
(a) swap + bolt-ons + slicks
(b) swap + FI
(c) FI
(d) bolt-ons + internal work (high compression, cams, etc)
Bolt-ons aint gonna cut it...but like i said...no harm in trying.
Keep us informed with your progress.

Black 02 SI
12-17-2003, 09:38 PM
but giving that i went a 14.8, don't ya think if i get drag radials, and do some other work as in hondata, and some other things, shouldn't i be close to 13's. i know a set of slicks will drop off a few tenths easy, and hondata should drop some more, so why isn't low 14's high 13's possible. i too think i am a pretty good driver. i've had a 13 sec crx, i have a 2000 si that goes low 14's. i pretty much have been racing hondas for almost 7 yrs now(i am 22). and i believe that i can drop another .8 off my time with just a few more things done. this all being with a stock internal si engine. and f i do this, i think i will also be the first one to do it, am i correct? and as the other post said, i'm not here to make shit up, i just did it with blaise cause i know he talks a lot of shit.

anjapower
12-17-2003, 10:31 PM
black 02 si --- pm sent

surfsi
12-28-2003, 08:21 AM
Blk02si I'll come out to see you turn 14's but the difference between 14's and 13's is night and day. If you do a head and cams you'll get there.

BlasTech
12-28-2003, 08:32 AM
civicracer1128, if you're saying you already have the AEM intake and HKS exhaust, go for a header and hondata reflash and a pair of slicks for the front. You should do very well with that setup. Motor mounts would be a good thing too.

02NJHondaep3
01-18-2004, 10:42 AM
I have faith. I'm been to the track only 3 times. I'm very unexperienced but with a little work my NA k20A3 will dip into the 14s. If I work harder, I might if not will bring it into the high 13s as well. I'm determined.Yeah most of you are right, its near impossible to do that without serious work. I will do it however. So far i've had very good beginners luck. My first ever run I had a .503 reaction time at e-town. I didn't know if that was good or bad I was that new.Its no big deal to any of you but it is to me. My times for the most part have been consistent except on one day. Theres been times when I've wanted to ditch the car because it kept breaking down on me, but something tells me I have a factory gem. Sorry if I sound dellusional (sp?) but I'm determined.You now have 2 people to laugh at and doubt. If I fail, I'll at least know that I worked that damn hard and tried.

Dunrick
01-18-2004, 11:25 AM
but giving that i went a 14.8, don't ya think if i get drag radials, and do some other work as in hondata, and some other things, shouldn't i be close to 13's. i know a set of slicks will drop off a few tenths easy, and hondata should drop some more, so why isn't low 14's high 13's possible. i too think i am a pretty good driver. i've had a 13 sec crx, i have a 2000 si that goes low 14's. i pretty much have been racing hondas for almost 7 yrs now(i am 22). and i believe that i can drop another .8 off my time with just a few more things done. this all being with a stock internal si engine. and f i do this, i think i will also be the first one to do it, am i correct? and as the other post said, i'm not here to make shit up, i just did it with blaise cause i know he talks a lot of shit.

Adam is right. 13's will not be achieved even w/ slicks unless you dig the hell out of that hatch. You will get very good 60ft, but the top end is not there for our cars to achieve 13's unless we have some serious weight reduction.

Vierge99
01-23-2004, 11:30 AM
If you want power without force-feeding your engine look at this setup.

Skunk2 Intake Manifold
Skunk2 Valves
Skunk2 Retainers
Skunk2 Cam gears
Skunk2 Cam shafts

Type-R Valve Cover

RSX-R Pistons
RSX-R Connecting rods
RSX-R Fuel Injectors
RSX-R Throttle body

Headers
Cat-Back
Intake
High-flow cat
Nology hotwires
Denso Iridium spark plugs

AEM fuel rail
AEM fuel pressure regulator
AEM fuel pump

Add this setup to a stock EP and you would most likely be pushing more ponies then an RSX-S. Yes it's an expensive setup (about $5000) but it's not forced induction. You want low-end power? Well the RSX-R pistons available from jdmhondaparts.com change your compression ratio from 9:1 to 11:1. That's ALL torque.

NA engines are really spectacular. They aren't the dumb power found in supers or turbos. It's refind and highly tuned. An engine with the above parts would probably sound more like a ferarri then a geo metro with a 5" exhaust pipe.

melbaro
02-16-2004, 08:51 PM
Why not just swap for an Integra/RSX-R engine...its just a little more and you get the ECU and tranny.

VividDreams
02-17-2004, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by Vierge99
Type-R Valve Cover

whats that gonna do?

VividDreams
02-17-2004, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by melbaro
Why not just swap for an Integra/RSX-R engine...its just a little more and you get the ECU and tranny.

yeah, if youre gonna do all that work you might as well do a swap. besides, half of those parts(internals) are not bolt ons

02NJHondaep3
02-21-2004, 10:49 AM
i realized swaps are dumb for our car since the eps are little fat pigs that can handle. If we were lighter then it would be a good idea.

I'm scraping my NA K20A3 plans and going turbo because we have that down low "torque".

k20ephatch
02-23-2004, 11:10 PM
Comptech Header, not DC :)