PDA

View Full Version : Neon lights 100 installed? Good deal?

03SiBlack
12-15-2003, 08:42 AM
I just called up the place that put my system in. I decided i wanted to do some neon lights on the interior. I asked how much to hard wire two of the lights 100 bucks. I dunno seems like a lot i think i might do it today. I was thinkin maybe i can get him down to 4 lights for 100 since i spent 1000 bucks in that place for my system. I want one light on the drivers side under dash one on passanger under dash and i want the back seat floors to light up somehow maybe put lights under the seats? Any ideas

dj addicted
12-15-2003, 09:25 AM
why dont you buy 4 lights for about 50 bucks and install them yourself? Its not too hard... I'm going to do the same thing one of these weekends.. but christmas is keeping me pretty busy so I havent had time..

03SiBlack
12-15-2003, 09:27 AM
i wish i could do that i just dont know how i can wire it all i dont want wires running all over and i wanna make a switch i just dont know how

dj addicted
12-15-2003, 09:29 AM
I plan on getting a foglight switch from someone and wiring it up that way... My dad is going to help... being that he is an electrical engineer and all.. Hopefully will do that this weekend. If so, I'll take some pics and try and set up a DIY.

Also, if you do go to that place and have them do it.. make sure they hook it up to a fuse of some kind...just for safety measures

LASI02
12-15-2003, 11:14 AM
neon:confusem:

BluePearl03Si
12-15-2003, 06:33 PM
Neon underbody lights attract cops like bugs to a buglight, so make sure you keep them OFF.

Besides, why spend money on rice?

stephen
12-15-2003, 06:34 PM
Put up a disco ball yo!

03SiBlack
12-15-2003, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by BluePearl03Si
Neon underbody lights attract cops like bugs to a buglight, so make sure you keep them OFF.

Besides, why spend money on rice?
The interior not outside

MrCivic03
12-15-2003, 07:17 PM
i would suggest using highly strong velco and just velcro them under the seat. i have one red one right now i couldnt buy two it woulda cost 50 and only had 30 at the time... it looks good just wish was more red than orangish red... i just plug in when i want and turn off and unplug when i dont. pretty easy to install~hard wire is the hard part. hope u get it soon would like to see.

Zero Three Si
12-15-2003, 09:12 PM
Whatever happen to that black ep3 with the red neon in his grill?

Does anybody know what I'm talking about? He had all kinds of stickers on it and a coffee table wing on his car.

Anybody got pics? It was a pimp ride.

freidaddy
12-16-2003, 01:39 AM
if you're gonna do it, at least have the carpet really clean because you can see dirt a hell of alot more under neons than regular light.

BluePearl03Si
12-16-2003, 04:09 AM
Originally posted by freidaddy
if you're gonna do it, at least have the carpet really clean because you can see dirt a hell of alot more under neons than regular light.

Yeah, don't cops use blacklights or florecents to find semen or fingerprints and shit?

cheesybread33
12-16-2003, 09:48 AM
neon light? can anyone say... useless!

dj addicted
12-16-2003, 09:52 AM
neon lights?? useless??? can you say CTR Wing...CTR Valve cover...CTR shiftboot... how about Type R body kits... all that shit is useless too!!! I look at it this way.. he had a question about neon... if he wants to hook his car up with neon... more power to him.. I personally have blue neon on the inside of my car.. and everyone who sees it says it looks good... I got them because I like the look of them.