PDA

View Full Version : I need help w/ turbo choice

SiGuy
12-15-2003, 09:46 AM
What would be the best setup for me. I have a 03 Si, I'm thinking about boost. I want something reliable that won't blow my motor-obviously. This is my daily driver I'd like to do road racing or autocross some day, I'm thinking no more than 5-7 psi for durability and lag reasons. I've heard good and bad things on just about everything out there. A type s head swap is also a option. If possible I'd like the turbo kit to be under 3k-or less! I'm open to all you boost experts ideas- I don't know shit!!

03 Si
AEM CAI
DC Sports 4:1 ceramic header
unstable Honda salesperson behind the wheel

It's better to be fast than look fast

TheMutt
12-15-2003, 09:52 AM
Greddy sounds like it's for you. You know it's reliable, it should be good for your emissions, works fine on the low boost, cheap. You don't need anything more. If you are looking for autocross however the JRsupercharger would also be an open option.

Edit: but with all that said, search next time por favor

SiGuy
12-15-2003, 10:07 AM
Thanks for your help TheMutt. Greddy claims 75-100 whp. That's about what I want. Does anyone sell them at a lower price or is the price pretty much fixed everywhere. Goin with boost is it even worth it to change to a type s head?

sniperSI
12-15-2003, 10:10 AM
You can find it as cheap as 2,299, check club RSX forums there is a thread in there about "cheapest site to buy greedy turbo" or something like that.