PDA

View Full Version : Buy wheels & tires on credit?

BSEVEER
12-15-2003, 05:12 PM
I'm thinking about taking one of those 0% till blah blah blah credit card offers that you get in the mail about 5 days a week and buying some wheels and tires. I've seen similar threads about modding with credit and most people advised against it. I started saving for them a while back but ran into money problems and had to use it to pay bills. You guys think it's a bad idea? I'm constantly thinking about how much more I will like my car, handling and looks, when i get wheels and tires. Almost forgot, I'll probalby a pro-kit on the card as well.:D

oldschoolimport
12-15-2003, 05:17 PM
only spend what you KNOW you can pay back in half the term of the 0%, cause something always comes up.

ADAMnQuickCIVIC
12-15-2003, 05:33 PM
You can always sell your stockies and use that money for new wheels.
Typically they sell for $500 +/- on eBay.
There are plenty of sites that you can get 17" wheels w/ tires for about $600-700.

BSEVEER
12-15-2003, 08:52 PM
I see it like this, If I were saving up cash to buy wheels/tires I would probably go for something more low end. If I put them on a 0% card, I would get something better/lighter.

shimmy_yaz
12-15-2003, 09:41 PM
I did exactly that, I knew I would have the money for my rims and tires in like 3 months but didnt wanna wait so I got a year 0% APR credit card. Well lets just say they gave me a $5,000 limit and i figured ahh what the fuck its free for a year, well maxed that baby out in a hurry and now I am tryin like hell to get it paid off in time. So in the end yeah sure go ahead and do it but be smart and stop there.:o

kylenls
12-15-2003, 09:45 PM
do it thats what i did with my old car but make damn sure that you can make the payment every month.

icegrill
12-15-2003, 09:57 PM
Rims are for kids, seriously who needs to spend a shitload on wheels? After wasting money on expensive Axis and Racing Hart wheels in the past I just don't care anymore. Get better tires, but don't go into debt for somthing that doesn't have any "real" benefit.

kylenls
12-15-2003, 10:00 PM
stock rims are ugly, real ugly.

513n179
12-15-2003, 11:55 PM
i was considering doing the same thing... but my stocks are doing their job... hey, it beats having plastic wheel covers or spending a grip on new wheels.

KimchiBoy_TypeR
12-16-2003, 12:22 AM
Dude just do what I did!! I did a layaway plan with Discount tire. They broke me a very good deal( coming out to be about 900 total) For 5Zigen MK5 17's. All I had to do was bring in a payment of any amount any time I wanted for no set period of time. They even bought my stock rims and tires for a decent price. I also got the lifetime road hazard tire warrranty on my Neo-Gens so if any thing happens to them they will get replaced for free. All in all for Neo-Gens, 17's mounted balnced and rotated all for $900 is a killer deal!! This may be an option for you, but I would definently not buy anything with credit!

Vertigo
12-16-2003, 01:50 AM
I don't believe in using credit cards for big purchaces. I just saved and bought the wheels and a few weeks later got the tires.

NamingException
12-16-2003, 06:54 AM
I bought my wheels and tires on credit. Still haven't touched the debt. It sucks. That said, I love my summer wheels. Too bad it's not summer...