PDA

View Full Version : My shitty spoon radiator cap

4g63dsm
12-15-2003, 11:57 PM
This happened like 3 months ago but i'm only just now posting it, my friend came back form japan in the summer and brought me and my other friends back some spoon radiator caps, but about a month later i notice that the spoon sticker was gone. it looked like it had peeled off. and i'm the only one that ever gopes under my hood and i do all my own maintenece so it wasn't like it was peeled off by a person. I contacted a&j racing which is spoon north america and they basically said that they've had this problem alot and that they've contacted spoon about this already,but since it was bought in japan they can't give me a new one.

Pradamuimui
12-16-2003, 12:18 AM
Yeah...I bought a Spoon radiator cap from www.inlinefour.com and it did the same thing to me. I was totally surprised that it happened. Spoon Sports parts coming APART?? WTF?? I was soooo pissed, but I figured that I would re-apply it myself since it was obviously a factory defect with the adhesive, and I figured a new one would do the same thing anyways. Im still shocked, and pissed everytime I look under the engine bay.

SubliminalSi
12-16-2003, 03:01 AM
lol good, im not the only one that has happened to

frankdogg
12-16-2003, 04:55 AM
mines is all good....still in ONE piece.

Zigen5
12-16-2003, 08:32 AM
HHahahahaa... JDM... Hahhhhahhah... That is why I am going USDM, cheaper. :eek: ;) Sorry to hear about that... :'(

trk
12-16-2003, 09:00 AM
Originally posted by 4g63dsm
This happened like 3 months ago but i'm only just now posting it, my friend came back form japan in the summer and brought me and my other friends back some spoon radiator caps, but about a month later i notice that the spoon sticker was gone. it looked like it had peeled off. and i'm the only one that ever gopes under my hood and i do all my own maintenece so it wasn't like it was peeled off by a person. I contacted a&j racing which is spoon north america and they basically said that they've had this problem alot and that they've contacted spoon about this already,but since it was bought in japan they can't give me a new one.

I dont know if its just me ... but most of the spoon stuff is either really generic looking (kinda like jdm apc) or straight up ugly. Im not convinced that spoon makes much worth a damn.

icegrill
12-16-2003, 10:14 AM
Thats why you only buy MUGEN!!!:angel:

trk
12-16-2003, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by icegrill
Thats why you only buy MUGEN!!!:angel:

word.

neuspeed
mugen
comptech
greddy
dc

thats my top 5

nyxie
12-16-2003, 11:16 AM
that's why i went cusco, you fuckin ricers.

Silentplanet
12-16-2003, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by nyxie
that's why i went cusco, you fuckin ricers. :eek:

trk
12-16-2003, 11:34 AM

hahahahah

omg , your the best.

Now I have a partner in bashing.

By the way, what cusco mods you have... lets see the car...

4g63dsm
12-16-2003, 03:42 PM
does cusco even make radiator caps???

Civicvtec1ps
12-16-2003, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by 4g63dsm
does cusco even make radiator caps???
Yes they do.

Pradamuimui
12-17-2003, 12:22 AM

Spoon is RICE?? RU KIDDING?? Ur a fucking fag man!!! Spoon's rice hugh? Like Cusco is that much fucking better?? PLEASE.

SiRman
12-17-2003, 01:13 AM
Simmer down Simmer down boys!

Everyone on this site has the same(or at least similar)goals,
to make our rides into what we think they should be.
And everyone has a different way of getting there.

Don't cut someone down just because they like a certain brand.

Oh and if you think choosing to put Spoon parts (I don't count a spoon decal as a performance part)on your car is rice.
Do you even have any concept of what Spoon is?

Jester
12-17-2003, 07:04 AM
same shit happened on my 98 Ex...the rad cap got too heated and the sticker starts to float around until it eventually falls off....cheap ass peice if you ask me same as the sticker on top of the shift knob...chincy man that's cheap as hell

bmx269
12-17-2003, 09:57 AM
The rad cap still does what it is supposed to do, pressurize the cooling system, but I do agree, its nice to have the bling. My spoon cap label fell off, so now I have a mugen cap. :) I like a little bling.

todaCspec
12-17-2003, 12:01 PM
Lol! Bling whores..........

KeNnYtAkEr
12-18-2003, 10:24 AM
I think Spoon parts doesn't it's job. For those who don't like the "Bling" and wants to go all out racer...why the!*(&^#@# are you crying over a sticker?! The Rad. Cap is designed for alil more presure then the mugen so for preformance pt. of view it works. And thats what Spoon Sports does they make parts that work. So what if it looks like crap " I agree...some parts they offer are pretty shit looking" but in the end the parts WORK and does with it's suppose to. And thats it.

P.S. no one forces you to buy anything.

KeNnYtAkEr
12-18-2003, 10:25 AM
thats Does not doesn't... frigin EDIT button not working...

goy091
12-18-2003, 12:10 PM
who's the ricer here?
paying $50 for a radiator cap.... right....

SiRman
12-18-2003, 01:49 PM
who's the ricer here? paying $50 for a radiator cap.... right....

I personally buy parts for function, I can't afford to but parts just for the sake of claiming they are expensive.

Price does not equal Rice!

SiRman
12-20-2003, 12:30 AM
Thumbs up to A&J Racing for continued top notch service!
I haven't been able to make it in to them for a while, but have been meaning to bring in my Spoon rad cap since the label fell off.
Handed them my old one, they gave me a nice new one.
Hopefully the label doesn't fall off:banana:

frankdogg
12-20-2003, 10:56 AM
uMmMmM...SPOON won the 24hour endurance race last weeek.:cool:

trk
01-06-2004, 06:37 PM
guess what I got for xmas?

thats right a ricey spoon radiator cap... :-)

anyway, it doesnt fit, but chuck at showstoppers said something about bending the metal to make it fit?

Did anyone have to do that to their cap?

I have the spoon cap part # All-19045-001

Any help would be appreciated.

bmx269
01-06-2004, 07:15 PM
Mine never needed to be modified. There are 2 different types of cap. You got the wrong type http://aj-racing.com/spoon-sports/ep3-cooling.html You need Type D and you got Type F. :( Exchange it.

SiRman
01-06-2004, 07:19 PM
The one you have is the F type.
I believe the one for our cars is the D type.
Don't have the part# of the one I have but I'm pretty certain it's the D type.

http://www.aj-racing.com/spoon-sports/ep3-cooling.html
Scroll down.

trk
01-06-2004, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by SiRman
The one you have is the F type.
I believe the one for our cars is the D type.
Don't have the part# of the one I have but I'm pretty certain it's the D type.

http://www.aj-racing.com/spoon-sports/ep3-cooling.html
Scroll down.

Thanks for the info guys...

I want everything on that page now... lol

SiRman
01-07-2004, 02:57 AM
Thanks for the info guys...

No prob.:winkm:

dj addicted
01-07-2004, 04:51 PM
if I slap a spoon sticker on some chicks ass... that doesnt make her JDM.

redronin22
01-10-2004, 12:02 AM
so how can i get my cheap ass spoon emblem to stay on. my fell off today when i barely brushed into it. =-( what kind of glue/adhesive to use?
please pm or aim me fellas

irrational
01-10-2004, 03:52 AM
u should have traded me for my mugen cap when you had the chance....lmao. how are the new rims lookin man?