PDA

View Full Version : need help, dropping ep soon !

freidaddy
12-16-2003, 01:03 AM
I'm about to drop my car and I'm still a little freaked out about dropping my car since my last car (i know) was dropped 2.5 inches and had problems with it. I need help from you guys or girls on what kind of suspension I should get springs or coil-overs , what brand and what problems if any that you've had.

Vertigo
12-16-2003, 01:44 AM
There are a whole lot of threads on different springs, just search around a little. Everyone has a paticular brand that he/she likes. Most are different in the amount of drop, quality of the spring, spring rate(ride quality) and price. Most of the people on here have either Neuspeed race, Tien or Eibach. It boils down to how much are you willing to spend and what are you looking for as in function.

freidaddy
12-16-2003, 02:12 AM
thanks!

Vertigo
12-16-2003, 02:15 AM
No problem! If you got any more questions, feel free to ask away.

BTW: In your sig it says that you have a n/x 75 dry kit. Did you mean wet? Just wondering.

freidaddy
12-16-2003, 02:45 AM
no its dry

oogy-boogy
12-16-2003, 04:28 AM
I love my Eibachs....ride quality is pretty close to stock.

Civicvtec1ps
12-16-2003, 06:30 AM
I would just get aftermarket springs and get new shocks later on. We all know that ride quaitly will get worse and worse everyday. I have tein s tech springs, Ride quality is pretty nice. Although I am replaing these right after winter.

Zero Three Si
12-16-2003, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by Civicvtec1ps
I would just get aftermarket springs and get new shocks later on. We all know that ride quaitly will get worse and worse everyday. I have tein s tech springs, Ride quality is pretty nice. Although I am replaing these right after winter.

Replacing them with what and why?

Civicvtec1ps
12-16-2003, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by Zero Three Si
Replacing them with what and why?
I want better setup. Need lower drop too.
Nothing wrong with tein s tech springs. I will keep these for while.
No cash now anyways.

Vertigo
12-16-2003, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by freidaddy
no its dry
Please enlighten me as to how you accomplished this. Being our cars have a fuel return-less fuel system.

Peking
12-16-2003, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by Vertigo
Please enlighten me as to how you accomplished this. Being our cars have a fuel return-less fuel system.

It is added at a different place, I don't think it has anything to do with having a return on your fuel. I think it involves what you would prefer, wet nit. is injected with (or at when fuel is added I think), and dry is injected in the intake manifold. I am no expert on the subject, even though I have researched it some. So if I am wrong, please someone give the right info.

David K.
12-16-2003, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by Peking
It is added at a different place, I don't think it has anything to do with having a return on your fuel. I think it involves what you would prefer, wet nit. is injected with (or at when fuel is added I think), and dry is injected in the intake manifold. I am no expert on the subject, even though I have researched it some. So if I am wrong, please someone give the right info.

A dry-kit injects nitrous only into the motor, whereas a wet kit uses jets for both nitrous and fuel, which you usually get by tapping into the fuel line. Since our cars do not have a return line for fuel, which is normally blocked off in order to up fuel pressure for nitrous, running the dry kit is considered dangerous. I'm not 100% sure on this though. You could run a low enough dry shot and avoid damage, but it is not advisable. Again, I think this is correct, but I'm not 100%.

johnkimble
12-16-2003, 11:35 PM
just get the mugens or tiens and get it over with :) can't get much better a ride than those... especially the mugen's, close to HFP spec spring rates, those things are bad ass. slap a dc5r 22mm rear sway and a spoon front upper strut bar and you have a badass smooth riding cornering daily driving machine!

chubbychu
12-16-2003, 11:36 PM
if you still needed help with suspension stuff...make sure you get the coils isolated..seriosuly! itll clank and clunk until you do.