PDA

View Full Version : rotas plus drop

IIx 03 EP xII
12-16-2003, 10:16 AM
i am looking into getting some rota c-10's... but of course i have a few questions. does anybody have these wheels, in any color, i prefer flat black though in 17s. also, what is the weight of these wheels? and what are some good tires? ive tried some searching, but havent found what i wanted. also, i want to do a drop... possibly 2-2.5 inches. would it be better/cheaper to get some skunk2 coilovers and then add some koni's or something a lil down the road? i want a decent ride, but i believe that the stock ride is too bouncy. alot of my roads down here arent very flat, and i just bounce all around everyday and its makin me sick. any information would be helpful.

JapanExpress
12-16-2003, 11:12 AM
17" Circuit 10s weigh 20lbs each.

Btrthnezr3
12-16-2003, 11:41 AM
For the wheels try JayDM.com, Machiii.com, or your local Discount Tire (they can special order them for you, take care of shipping, and have them mounted on tires before you get there).
Check out this thread for more information...I wrote quite a bit...

http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=26030

03silverEP
12-16-2003, 12:23 PM
www.islandmotorsports.com has a better price on rota's than machiii.net

island $590 shipped for 17" c-10 (not on web, call them)
machiii $650 "

as for picking out tires:
1st go to http://www.1010tires.com/TireSizeCalculator.asp to figure out what size will work and keep your speedo accurate
2nd go to www.tirerack.com and read about whatever tire you're looking for they have info on everything specs/ratings/reviews/pics. so you can make an informed decision

if you have the grip ($150 a tire) Potenzia S-03/Toyo TS-1/P-Zero

want something not so $$ (75-100 a tire) Kumho 712 or MX/Yoko ES-100/or Falken Azenis ****do yourself an favor and don't ever buy a set of Nitto's they are crap!!!

good luck....i'm rambling but i just went thru this to get a set of rims a week ago

IIx 03 EP xII
12-16-2003, 02:45 PM
thanks for all the information, it definitely helped. now about the tires. i dont want something that is really really expensive. i was thinking about falken azenis... but i heard that they dont last long at all, like only a few thousand miles? i want something that will last longer than that, but then again i dont want to die on some crappy long lasting tires with no traction or grip. thanks again guys.

03silverEP
12-18-2003, 08:49 AM
$75 Falken Azenis, can last 20,xxxish... they are good tires but heavy and not good in the rain (or snow of course)

$85 Kumho Ecsta Supra 712 these are my personal favorite, for a reasonable priced tire) I got 28,xxx out of them and I drove hard on them, good in dry, excellent in wet, progressive breakaway, (if it's snowing don't bother...)

$95 Yokohama ES100 no experience I've heard good things though, comprable to the Kumho's They may wear a little faster though..

But with tire wear being an issue consider a camber kit if going w/more than 1.5" drop, neg. camber will eat tires, at least get a kit in the rear SPC sells them

all season performance tire (ie snow,rain,&dry) Yokohama Avid H4, good tire, tread is not directional though

Btrthnezr3
12-18-2003, 09:02 AM
I am a big fan of Yokohama tires...I've had 3 sets on my 4 Door...
one set after 30k to replace the originals (avid)
one set when I got my 17's (parada spec 2's)
one set when I switched to Rota 15" C8's (yk420...my personal fav)

Even with mad negative camber on my Parada Spec 2's they wore really well and lasted over 20k

The new set, the yk420's are really nice. I don't know if they make them in 17s but they are very nice all season type tires but they also handle very well and perform well under hard acceleration and breaking. They have NO sign of wear after 15k and still look absolutely brand new...

Good luck on your new shoes!!

civic hatch boi
12-18-2003, 09:34 AM
i have c10's, i am dropped.

IIx 03 EP xII
12-19-2003, 11:42 AM
thanks again for all the information. i got another question though. if money was not an issue... what would yall do for a drop and rims... but the rims are the rota c-10s? anybody's opinion would be helpful. thanks again.

Gasp23
12-19-2003, 11:49 AM
Here is what I want to do. I'm saving for the Mugen suspension and for the Rota's c-10s in either 17 or 16 with some yoko EVS100s. This will run me about $2200 more or less. I love that design of the wheel and I want the mugen suspension. I don't need to be able to move it up or down. I just want the drop for aesthetic purposes, obviously it will help the ride but I just don't want the big as gap.

I'm saving the money and I will see how it goes after the Tax return.

Btrthnezr3
12-19-2003, 01:04 PM
If money was NO option...I'd be rockin' the Mugen Suspension and Mugen MF8's or MF10's...hehe! I can only dream though, huh?!
:D