PDA

View Full Version : HKS Tarnish Ruined...How?

digitldlnkwnt
12-16-2003, 01:07 PM
Ok this may seem strange, but i LOVE the gold color tarnish on my HKS muffler tip. What happened was that i went to a car wash and when the car came out, the tarnish on the top of the muffler tip was gone.
I asked the guys at the car wash and they said they had no idea what would have done that.

anyone have a clue as to how this happened and how/if i can get back that nice even tarnish i had goin?

i was thinking i could clean all trhe tarnish off but that hasnt helped since i cant clean the tarnish all off so now i have these runns of no tarnish on my tip( hehhehhehe...sorry)

if anyone knows or even understanmds what im sayin...any help would be good since im outa' answers.
thanx

Btrthnezr3
12-16-2003, 01:11 PM
Well, if the tarnish is caused by exposure to heat, moisture, air etc. wouldn't it come back after a few days/weeks? Just wondering...I think I understand what you mean...Maybe you should clean it up real good with some CLR (calium lime and rust) and then let it tarnish itself back evenly? I dunno...sowy!

digitldlnkwnt
12-16-2003, 01:54 PM
it still hasnt comeback :(
thas what i was hoping. Ill try CLR and see if that works.
thanx

Peking
12-16-2003, 09:57 PM
Did you have pics? Can you take new pics too? Mine is just all with the bling, and I like to keep it that way.

digitldlnkwnt
12-17-2003, 06:24 PM
actually ill try and take some pics.

DarkSiRacer
01-27-2004, 06:46 PM
The golds a nice color but I'd like the straight-out-the-box-chrome-bling... what can I use to get that chrome back?