PDA

View Full Version : ECU Question

halos02Si
12-16-2003, 03:06 PM
I was looking through handata ecus on the rsx forums and was wondering how to i get to...and where on the ecu would i look to get the ECU serial number....im guessing you dont have to send them your ecu, but instead just give them the serial number and a list of the mods.

would someone be able to help me out?

Peking
12-16-2003, 03:08 PM
You do send the whole ECU in, serial number should be on it. Did you do a search? Also did you check out hondata.com?

halos02Si
12-16-2003, 06:54 PM
i have searched through handata and it says there that you have to ship everything to them and they usually ship it right back to you the same day they recieve your ecu....but on the rsx forums if you take a look at the hondata chips that they sell...and you click on the buy now...their order form asks you for the current mods you have running on the vehicle now and the serial number as well, so i figured that all you had to do is give them the serial number in order for them to reflash it for you.

i just wanted to make sure that if you did not have to send the entire ecu and instead only give them the ecu...then how do i get to my ecu....

thanks again

Peking
12-16-2003, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by halos02Si
i have searched through handata and it says there that you have to ship everything to them and they usually ship it right back to you the same day they recieve your ecu....but on the rsx forums if you take a look at the hondata chips that they sell...and you click on the buy now...their order form asks you for the current mods you have running on the vehicle now and the serial number as well, so i figured that all you had to do is give them the serial number in order for them to reflash it for you.
i just wanted to make sure that if you did not have to send the entire ecu and instead only give them the ecu...then how do i get to my ecu....
thanks again

Yes would take them a few days to a week to get it back to you (depending who you get it from). I would recommend getting it from one of Hondata's reg. vendors. When you order they do require that you list your mods when sending it in. They might want to know your serial number for some other reason, but they will need your ECU and keys to re-map the fuel. Clubrsx is weird, because they want to make all the money they can. God forbid you post info on different places (websites) to buy stuff from. It is almost like they brainwashed there members to only buying from the on-site store. Interesting to see how so many of there members are quick to defend there store. Claiming low prices and pretty much the most secure transactions then anyone.

I am surprised that the members who have the flash, have not posted here. Mybe you should pm some members, to get more confirmation.

jandetuning
12-16-2003, 11:28 PM
20 seconds and I had this:

http://www.hondata.com/k20removeecu.html

And this:

http://www.hondata.com/kseriesfaq.html

SiRman
12-17-2003, 01:21 AM
20 seconds and I had this:
http://www.hondata.com/k20removeecu.html

And this:

http://www.hondata.com/kseriesfaq.html

HAHAHARAHAHAHRRRRRARAOHHHHHHH

And the crowd goes wild:

"ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY POWER OF THE SEARCH ENGINE!!"

halos02Si
12-17-2003, 12:28 PM
you know something, I hate smart ass's, especially when they think a normal person is dumb enough that he or she had not already searched. its not my first time looking for information on these forums, but i was curious to find out if there was another way to get the hondata reflash some other way besides shipping your ecu out.

dont come here talk trash because all i was asking for was a little help...go SEARCH for another thread to crash on.

thanks again for the help "Peking"

SiRman
12-17-2003, 12:34 PM
:blushm: Sorry

Peking
12-17-2003, 01:17 PM
No problem, hope you get it :)

jandetuning
12-17-2003, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by halos02Si
you know something, I hate smart ass's, especially when they think a normal person is dumb enough that he or she had not already searched. its not my first time looking for information on these forums, but i was curious to find out if there was another way to get the hondata reflash some other way besides shipping your ecu out.

dont come here talk trash because all i was asking for was a little help...go SEARCH for another thread to crash on.

thanks again for the help "Peking"

Hmm. I guess the 1119 threads on this site alone containing information related to Hondata and the EP didn't have what you needed. :confusem:

Peking
12-17-2003, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by jandetuning
Hmm. I guess the 1119 threads on this site alone containing information related to Hondata and the EP didn't have what you needed. :confusem:

You were coming off somewhat as an ass. And you know what, I try my best to be helpful. There are some times (with certain newbs), that my patience wears thin. Like folks who post the same crap in different sections. Or one thread after another with the same question. Yes there are many threads, it is easy for those who don't have alot of understanding to need more direct help. I think that is what the case was here.

jandetuning
12-17-2003, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by Peking
You were coming off somewhat as an ass. And you know what, I try my best to be helpful. There are some times (with certain newbs), that my patience wears thin. Like folks who post the same crap in different sections. Or one thread after another with the same question. Yes there are many threads, it is easy for those who don't have alot of understanding to need more direct help. I think that is what the case was here.

I understand some people need more help, but from the Hondata home page it required only three mouse clicks to get the complete info. Lets put this in a different perspective. There are about 20 threads dealing with the maintenance required light. This indicator is fully discussed in the owners manual. Even until recently there was another thread started on a weekly basis asking the same question. One of the mods finally got tired of it, and made it a sticky. http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=710 Think about what this does to the ephatch site. It becomes more costly to maintain, and other features suffer. It costs more to operate because DTH needs to purchase more bandwidth, along with more storage space. We lose the ability to attach a high res picture, and are left with a 200kb max attachment size. Searches take longer to complete, and even though more threads are found, getting the pertinent information becomes more difficult.:sadm:

SiRman
12-17-2003, 05:43 PM
I understand some people need more help, but from the Hondata home page it required only three mouse clicks to get the complete info. Lets put this in a different perspective. There are about 20 threads dealing with the maintenance required light. This indicator is fully discussed in the owners manual. Even until recently there was another thread started on a weekly basis asking the same question. One of the mods finally got tired of it, and made it a sticky. http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showth...mp;threadid=710 Think about what this does to the ephatch site. It becomes more costly to maintain, and other features suffer. It costs more to operate because DTH needs to purchase more bandwidth, along with more storage space. We lose the ability to attach a high res picture, and are left with a 200kb max attachment size. Searches take longer to complete, and even though more threads are found, getting the pertinent information becomes more difficult.

You bring up some valid points that everyone should consider.

Peking
12-17-2003, 06:57 PM
The points are valid, if this site is hurting for anything. Folks around here could change how things go on around here. Hundreds of threads will be combined, deleted, whatever. Same thing with the posts, and deleting sections that could be considered not worth keeping.