PDA

View Full Version : OEM Foglight Reliability

Nick G
12-16-2003, 09:35 PM
Anyonw know how reliable the OEM fogs are on EP's? I have set already, but am contemplating on maybe reinforcing them somehow, so that they don't crack. Has anyone ever had a problem with their OEM fogs's breaking or burning out?

Spazhead
12-17-2003, 09:20 AM
not yet!:confused: dont follow anyone on a gravel road!

BarracksSi
12-17-2003, 10:48 AM
Places with snow & ice will hopefully have gravel and/or salt on the roads, which basically turns every road into a gravel road.

I would investigate getting little plexiglas covers made, and use doublesided tape -- cut as an outline, like weatherstripping -- to hold them on.

I would really hate to get foglights broken that way. Makes me consider getting aftermarket ones, putting them in the grille "mouth", and putting a Grille-Tech grille (or something similar) over everything.

r3p00c
12-18-2003, 08:48 AM
one of my oem fog lenses broke last winter, most likely from a cinder hitting it. i was thinking about making some sort of cover for them this winter, but haven't gotten around to it yet... its not as big of a deal as it was last year, because at the time i was driving 150 miles each day... i don't even have to drive to work this year. honda replaced my broken one for free, under warranty... apparently the lenses are supposed to be more crack-resistant than that.