PDA

View Full Version : how do you change the oil filter.......

1abSi
12-16-2003, 10:22 PM
...without getting oil all over the dang axle and just about every other part of the sub frame underneath that area???? makes a huge mess then smells even if you can wipe most of it off...that is if it doesn't go inside some of that shit and just drips out for an entire day....:eek:

idrive
12-16-2003, 10:27 PM
i buy one of those oil absorbent pads and wrap it around the subframe... of course... it still gets all over me and the floor... but at least my car is clean...

SiRman
12-16-2003, 10:30 PM
I reach under from the right front wheel well and undo the filter by hand. Once it is loose I try to hold it as upright as possilble and slide it out. But inevitably some spills. Oh and I drain the oil pan first.:smilem:

1abSi
12-16-2003, 10:40 PM
yeah i always drain the pan first, but still the filter is full and i cannot tilt it up till it is all the way off the threads, which are long!.....

Vertigo
12-17-2003, 01:58 AM
I usually let the excess get all over the place. Try to get some of it with a rag. Then i take a can of Brakeliene, spray it on the block, axles and subframe then wipe it all off.

AsH KatCH ME
12-17-2003, 02:26 AM
i can change my oil less then five minutes, i get underneath the car and drain the oil and my friend loosens the oil filter from the top and while the oils draining i change the filter by the time iam done the oils done draining.. i work at jiffy lube though haha

Zero Three Si
12-17-2003, 08:07 AM
Originally posted by AsH KatCH ME
i can change my oil less then five minutes, i get underneath the car and drain the oil and my friend loosens the oil filter from the top and while the oils draining i change the filter by the time iam done the oils done draining.. i work at jiffy lube though haha

I didn't know you won anything for being the fastest oil changer.:rolleyes:

NamingException
12-17-2003, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by Zero Three Si
I didn't know you won anything for being the fastest oil changer.:rolleyes:

You win more time to post smart comments on websites!

J/P.

dtexan
12-17-2003, 02:34 PM
wouldnt you want to let the oil drain longer than 5 minutes I mean even if the oil is hot after 5 min its still coming out of there

Zero Three Si
12-17-2003, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by NamingException
You win more time to post smart comments on websites!

J/P.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA you goof!!!:D