PDA

View Full Version : Need to VENT about Honda!!!!!

Pradamuimui
12-17-2003, 01:29 PM
WTF...WTF...WTF? Why in the fuck is Honda doing us like this? Im so sick and tired of paying all of these money hungry assholes tons of money to get JDM aftermarket parts. Im in the process of buying a K20A DC5R engine, and Im ready to blow my brains out trying to find someone that has a reasonably priced one. I mean COME the FUCK ON!!! Are you gonna seriously tell me that a K20A engine is worth $6,000?? I don't think so. Why can I get a SR20DET engine for around $3,000, but I cant get a K20A engine for any less then $5800 plus shipping? I mean this shit is rediculous. I have finely came to the conclusion that there is NO Honda worth buying unless it is a Integra Type R, Civic Type R, S2000, or NSX. Every other car including the EP3, you might as well plan on spending a extra $6,000 to make it run what it should have ran in the first place!! Honda can kiss my fucking ass. I've been a loyal supporter for years, and this is how you repay me? By overcharging me for JDM SHIT, and promising to deliver the Civic Type R, and RSX R, and never DO!!! WELL SCREW YOU!! If they keep this shit up I might as well switch to Nissan. SHIT!!

SiRman
12-17-2003, 01:34 PM
By overcharging me for JDM SHIT

Ah, honda doesn't sell you JDM shit.
Importers do ,who base their prices on supply and demand.
Right now high demand, low supply, means high prices for
a fairly new engine platform.

mhx
12-17-2003, 01:36 PM
buy a nissan.. u get what u pay for..junk

rbloedow
12-17-2003, 01:50 PM
Good riddance - I hope you do leave. Although I currently drive a Nissan 200sx, I'm also an avid Honda fan.

Honda's #1 ultimate goal is to offer ecomomical cars that are reliable and good for the enviroment, any idea that you have of them doesn't matter. This cars are never intended to be sports cars (sans the NSX and s2000), but we're lucky Honda doens't leave out peopel who want some performance oriented vehicles.

IMHO, you're rant is weak. You're painting honda all the wrong colors.

dj addicted
12-17-2003, 01:54 PM
also look at it this way.. look how many sr20 motors are out there!! SHITLOADS!!! Look how many K20A's there are.. very few in comparison. They just started making those motors in 2002. Give it about 5 or so years and the K20A will be as cheap as a H22A motor. I personally can care less about all the JDM shit. With all the money people spend, you could have just imported the damn car.

rbloedow
12-17-2003, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by dj addicted
also look at it this way.. look how many sr20 motors are out there!! SHITLOADS!!! Look how many K20A's there are.. very few in comparison. They just started making those motors in 2002. Give it about 5 or so years and the K20A will be as cheap as a H22A motor. I personally can care less about all the JDM shit. With all the money people spend, you could have just imported the damn car.

I have to agree. the SR20 engine has been around for over a decade, so it's easy to understand why it's cheap to get one.

Zero Three Si
12-17-2003, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by dj addicted

AGREED! Most people don't even know the acronym for JDM.

anjapower
12-17-2003, 02:08 PM
Dude, try other places. You can buy the JDM swap for less than that. I know wiredspeedlab had them for ~4800. Yes that's for the K20A.

And as someone said, its all about supply and demand. Honda isn't the one setting prices on aftermarket JDM parts.

Peking
12-17-2003, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by SiRman
Ah, honda doesn't sell you JDM shit.
Importers do ,who base their prices on supply and demand.
Right now high demand, low supply, means high prices for
a fairly new engine platform.

Yeah, what SiRman said. Geez, your rant is weak. And doesn't really make to much sense.

dtexan
12-17-2003, 02:56 PM
This is like the guy trying to get money from mcdonalds for making his ass fat when he should have just put down the hamburger... its pointless

03BlueSperm
12-17-2003, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by dtexan
This is like the guy trying to get money from mcdonalds for making his ass fat when he should have just put down the hamburger... its pointless

BWAHAHAHAHAHA .......

glw
12-17-2003, 07:00 PM
get the accord k24 block from san leandro honda (http://www.slhondaparts.com/browse.asp?Model=ACCORD&Year=2004&Doors=2&TrimLevel=2DR+EX&Emissions=KA&TransLevel=5MTKA&PartCatalogId=14SDN0&Section=A&Category=E++2010%7CENGINE+ASSY.-TRANSMISSION+ASSY.+%28L4%29) for less than $1500.

then pick up a rsx-s (or dc5-r) head and trans from somewhere and you're in pretty good shape...

bobdobbs
12-17-2003, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by glw
get the accord k24 block from san leandro honda (http://www.slhondaparts.com/browse.asp?Model=ACCORD&Year=2004&Doors=2&TrimLevel=2DR+EX&Emissions=KA&TransLevel=5MTKA&PartCatalogId=14SDN0&Section=A&Category=E++2010%7CENGINE+ASSY.-TRANSMISSION+ASSY.+%28L4%29) for less than $1500.
I live in San Leandro. This dealership has the hottest chicks working there. I sometimes go just to check out the "merchandise". ;)

03BlueSperm
12-17-2003, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by bobdobbs
I live in San Leandro. This dealership has the hottest chicks working there. I sometimes go just to check out the "merchandise". ;)

hey bob, arent you married already or something? :D

ep pilot
12-17-2003, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by bobdobbs

I've yet to enter any new-car retailer that did not have at least three hotties representing the stealership, it's all part of the distraction game ya know;)

-Ryan

ep pilot
12-17-2003, 09:22 PM
I know, I know...to each, his own...but if you were even thinking about dropping that kind of coin on a N/A platform, why not just go Turbo or the Jackson Racing supercharger? I mean with the K20a your car is just as fast as a stock RXS-S <--- not like thats slow or anything, but I think If I gained the Torque from forced induction, I would really feel like I got my money's worth. I can't stand how cars like the RSX-S, Prelude, S2000 etc... have to be rung-out to get anything out of'em.

-Ryan

HgSi
12-17-2003, 10:24 PM
But Pradamuimui, weren't you the one that was laughing at us because we have lowly Sis whereas you were going to get the Type-R the day it came out? As I recall, you even had a downpayment at your local Honda dealer. And you had inside info that it was going to come out any minute. So... why are you trying to buy a K20A, anyway? If the Type-R is coming out right away, why not just get that?

freidaddy
12-18-2003, 03:16 AM
I agree that rant was weak, If you want to do it right, you got to use a cuss word every other word or two words and use up a whole page.

i.e. f---ing ford f---ing kiss my a--, piece of s--- cars, f---ing falls F---ing apart while your F--king driving. etc.

jandetuning
12-18-2003, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by 03BlueSperm
hey bob, arent you married already or something? :D

"It doesn't matter where you whet your appetite, as long as you eat at home" :tongue:

Mugen Power
12-18-2003, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by ep pilot
I know, I know...to each, his own...but if you were even thinking about dropping that kind of coin on a N/A platform, why not just go Turbo or the Jackson Racing supercharger? I mean with the K20a your car is just as fast as a stock RXS-S <--- not like thats slow or anything, but I think If I gained the Torque from forced induction, I would really feel like I got my money's worth. I can't stand how cars like the RSX-S, Prelude, S2000 etc... have to be rung-out to get anything out of'em.

-Ryan

N/A will never beat F/I in bang for the buck but I'm a big N/A fan and believe Hondas should be left N/A. Besides, as much as I love the sound of a nice BOV, an N/A VTEC roar sounds just that much better to me.