PDA

View Full Version : F*CKING UPS Broke my Cluster

bmx269
12-17-2003, 01:51 PM
I just received my CTR cluster from RacerDre today and just my luck, it was broken.

I was pissed.

Called UPS and bitched up a storm.

I will be seeing an appraisal guy this week. Here is a picture. :(

http://www.digitalgumball.com/cluster.jpg

Zero Three Si
12-17-2003, 01:52 PM
I TOLD ALL OF YOU FOOLS UPS SUCKS!!!

THEY EVEN WIPE BOOGERS ON YOUR PACKAGES!!!

Makross
12-17-2003, 01:53 PM
damn sorry man

dj addicted
12-17-2003, 01:56 PM
100 bucks says that they will blame it on the packaging...

Zero Three Si
12-17-2003, 01:59 PM
Reminder to ALL of you that UPS sucks. Ship fedex...

Link to Another UPS Thread (http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=25936&highlight=boogers)

oogy-boogy
12-17-2003, 02:01 PM
Damn Trent....sorry to hear that....

Hopefully, all goes well with the claim.

anjapower
12-17-2003, 02:04 PM
I hate UPS, slowest deliveries, slowest tracking updates, damaged packages. Fedex is the way to go. BTW, will that gauge cluster autodetect the mileage that's on your car or is it like the analog clusters where it stores the mileage....so if it was brand new, it would say 0 even if you had 30k on your car, and 15k if racerdre put 15k on his car with that thing on?

dj addicted
12-17-2003, 02:08 PM
thats a good question Anjapower... I was wondering the same thing..

dj addicted
12-17-2003, 02:14 PM
I do feel your pain though.. I lost a 1500 stereo system because UPS said it was poorly packed. The kicker... UPS PACKED THE F-IN BOXES!!!!! They still denied my claim and I was SOL. Luckily I was able to fix everything and I was only out a 5disc CD changer.

younggotti266
12-17-2003, 02:26 PM
You should have print outs from sight that sell them
so he can see how much it is worth.

They'll probably try to give half of what it's worth.

SiRman
12-17-2003, 03:39 PM
That really sucks man.

fsugatorbait
12-17-2003, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by anjapower
I hate UPS, slowest deliveries, slowest tracking updates, damaged packages. Fedex is the way to go. BTW, will that gauge cluster autodetect the mileage that's on your car or is it like the analog clusters where it stores the mileage....so if it was brand new, it would say 0 even if you had 30k on your car, and 15k if racerdre put 15k on his car with that thing on?

The cluster stores the mileage so it will read whatever mileage was on the donor car. ie. your car has 15k the donor car has 7k, the cluster will read 7k. HTH.

anjapower
12-17-2003, 04:09 PM
how does Odometer fraud play in with this? It seems too easy to buy a new guage cluster and voila, your car is thousands of miles younger. Of course I doubt anyone would actually take the time to swap out a guage cluster on a brand new car to save a few thousand miles, but its always a probability.

k20hatch
12-17-2003, 05:24 PM
Ah dude im sorry about that...Ive had a few things broken that have came from ups...my corbeau bracket for my racing seat came..was supposed to be in a box..they said it ripped open so put the lable on just the bracket and sent it...and bent it somehow and it wouldnt fit...I was Hot! Hope everything works out for ya man!

Rey
12-17-2003, 06:01 PM
I like greyhound delivery. Fast and cheap.

SiRman
12-17-2003, 06:25 PM
Greyhound is one of the better ones.

ADAMnQuickCIVIC
12-17-2003, 06:47 PM
That's why I ship USPS Priority Mail.
They know how to handle a package and are ALOT faster than UPS.
Not to mention they're usually only a buck or two more expensive than UPS and you can ship everything from the comfort of your home at www.usps.com.
Only time i'd ship UPS is if it's a heavy item.
I've had to put in an insurance claim twice with UPS because they broke some shiet and both times I got my money.

ImolaS54
12-17-2003, 06:54 PM
i shipped small-> large, $50->$5200 products with ups, NEVER had a problem before. That just looks like lack of packaging to me.... sucks that it happened but if it was packed really well, with bubble wrap/foam not newspaper, it would have never happened. Best of luck in your claim.

Peking
12-17-2003, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by Zero Three Si
I TOLD ALL OF YOU FOOLS UPS SUCKS!!!
THEY EVEN WIPE BOOGERS ON YOUR PACKAGES!!!

Zero is right. I used to load trucks for UPS, I wasn't by far as rough on the packages as others. Trust me on that one, truth is after takin to other people from other packing places. They all pretty much do the same. Just make sure your packages are well packed and will be able to absorb force.

jandetuning
12-17-2003, 08:11 PM
I know it is not what you wanted, but you should be able to use the Type-R guts in your Si housing. Just swap the internals.

bmx269
12-17-2003, 08:17 PM
I thought of that, there are a few problems.

1.) The R cluster only has one adjuster, Si(R) has two, tripometer and lighting. This effect the Black and Clear pieces. :(

2.) You will have to take the needles off the pins, and apparently its almost impossible to get them properly reinstalled.

Jpax
12-17-2003, 08:36 PM
United
Postal
Smashers

United Postal Smashers

jandetuning
12-17-2003, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by bmx269

1.) The R cluster only has one adjuster, Si(R) has two, tripometer and lighting. This effect the Black and Clear pieces. :(

2.) You will have to take the needles off the pins, and apparently its almost impossible to get them properly reinstalled.

:blushm: Yeah, I missed that the first time.

02SilverSiHB
12-17-2003, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by bmx269

damn dude, sorry :(

civic si hb
12-17-2003, 09:37 PM
damn.... sorry to see that man. i wouldn't exspect to get to much money from them though. it's kinda like car insurance.... they love to get your payment every month but once you have a claim on your car they hate to pay out and screw ya. i always ship out via Fedex and have had great service. when i received my CTR rear sway bar from UPS the box was torn,the sway bar was hanging half way out of the box and the delivery driver had the packaging of the bushings in his hands:eek:

BluePearl03Si
12-18-2003, 12:14 AM
I work for UPS, and we are fucking rushed. We beat the shit out of packages. Not the drivers and loaders, but the unloaders, who are canned if they can't unload 30 packages from the semi a minute, so they toss them around.

But we do have nifty DIYAD's

But I've seen bad stuff from Fedex, USPS, DHL, and Airborne Express. The fact is they all handle them the same way, like footballs.

Just be ready to make claims for damages on parts, and make sure you pack stuff real well no matter who you send it with. They all don't really care.

What can brown break for you? :D

http://touchtoneterrorist.com/webpages/cy.jpg