PDA

View Full Version : Ep Brother Hood

Zero Three Si
12-17-2003, 05:16 PM
Now I know we say this is just like one big family, but how many of you really mean it.

If an EP member lost his job, would we take up a collection for him? I know I would be willing to spare a few dollars.

andy
12-17-2003, 05:18 PM
I'd probably chip in. However, I'd me more inclined to help them find
a job (the old "Teach a man to fish..." thing applies here), though.

chibianh
12-17-2003, 05:28 PM
oh really... well, I'm jobless and need money!! :P

j/k.. yeah.. if the situation warrants, i'd help out a fellow ep'er.

chubbychu
12-17-2003, 05:33 PM
my patience would only go so far...

Rey
12-17-2003, 05:59 PM
This girl lost her job........

http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=26196

Brettnyt
12-17-2003, 06:18 PM
I dunno if a member who joined this month, with 5 posts, counts as eligible for ep brotherhoodness... I dunno, If a well known member and an all around good guy on the site lost his job and was in desprate need, i might lend a couple bucks... maybe $5 max... you gotta remember, im 16....

Rey
12-17-2003, 06:19 PM
Heh, yah, like Port. How is he doing BTW? Anybody know?

Zero Three Si
12-17-2003, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by Brettnyt
I dunno if a member who joined this month, with 5 posts, counts as eligible for ep brotherhoodness... I dunno, If a well known member and an all around good guy on the site lost his job and was in desprate need, i might lend a couple bucks... maybe $5 max... you gotta remember, im 16....

No, that chick doesn't count! I'm talking about either a well known member or somebody who's been here a while.

eurosteez
12-17-2003, 06:29 PM
Brotherhood? family? eh I guess, the internet can only go so far. everyone is pretty tight here tho.

It should be the ep nation. A nation wide network of ep drivers, or even better an ep gang.;)

Peking
12-17-2003, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by Zero Three Si
No, that chick doesn't count! I'm talking about either a well known member or somebody who's been here a while.

I have thought about this before, and concluded that I would be down with helping est. members. I do feel that friendships are made here, thanks to this site.

ep3hatchattack
12-17-2003, 06:37 PM
I dont have a job, because i am in school, but i would be willing to take some money if it was someone who has been kind to me, not to say that none of you are, but i have to admit i havent had to many kind replies....... but either way yeah, im always willing to help out...

02NJHondaep3
12-17-2003, 07:09 PM
Does it have to be money? For example if i or someone needed a stock airbox badly would anyone donate it if they already have aftermarket intakes? I think this question should be asked to your local members as well. I consider this more of a club not a brotherhood.

bratkat64
12-17-2003, 07:55 PM
Anyone know of any job openings? That would help = D

I want to keep my car but now I have to buy a new tranny.

I hate Gwinnett Place.

Rey
12-17-2003, 07:57 PM
If you lived in Phoenix, I could help you out. You go to college? If so, your school should have a career center that has job placement. I always found a good job when looking there.

bratkat64
12-17-2003, 07:58 PM
Well I was in college. Then I ran out of money. Then my car broke. Honda won't fix it cause they said we abused it. And wham! Here I am today.

Gwinnett County GA

Rey
12-17-2003, 08:00 PM
Crap man. What's wrong with the tranny? Maybe your buds can fix it with a helms manual.....

Whenever I need a job fast, and that's always hiring, I go apply at a huge theatre. They pay crap, but at least you get paid. Then in the mean time you could find a better job.

bratkat64
12-17-2003, 08:02 PM
Well we are trying to get the Saturn working so I can have something to drive.

Rey
12-17-2003, 08:03 PM
Have you tried taking it to a different dealer? Put the stock parts back on and take it. You never know.

bratkat64
12-17-2003, 08:11 PM
Well we talked to corporate and they said no. So I don't think it would matter. It sounds like age discrimination to me since I'm 20 and he's 24. It's not fair.

Rey
12-17-2003, 08:16 PM
I would still fight it. What exactlly is wrong with your car? My clutch is already slipping on mine.

03BlueSperm
12-17-2003, 08:16 PM
Now I know we say this is just like one big family, but how many of you really mean it.

If an EP member lost his job, would we take up a collection for him? I know I would be willing to spare a few dollars.

<<<willing to help out not only fellow ep'ers but friends in general.

gr8buddha
12-17-2003, 08:29 PM
we're definitely like a family here.

i'll definitely help out in anyway i can.

MrCivic03
12-17-2003, 08:37 PM
hey alesia go apply at like discount tires over by discover mills or like a movie place bc u could get some money in the mean time and try to get a job for ur artistic ablities. just search something around the paper or what not.

Jpax
12-17-2003, 08:39 PM
Well If your in seattle area I have the resorces to help people out, So you sluts don't for get to call when you need it. or pm. :D

bratkat64
12-17-2003, 09:02 PM
I will be back out applying to places once I have a car. I have applications on my desk right now that need to be turned in. We're working on fixing the 93 Saturn that was left for dead several months back when Andy's work bought him 90 si as a work vehicle. So far it seems to be working. Hopefully it will pass emissions so it can be back in the road. I've been applying online and got a few bites but nothing solid. All multi-level marketing things.

Sleeper Style
12-17-2003, 10:00 PM
i think you definatly build friendships here. and oddly enough it is amazing how small the world is sometimes, just ask BlackAndRedSI. If something tragic happened...i would definatly be in to get someone back on their feet wether it be a gift, a few bucks, or a temp. job i would definatly help out. I would have to agree that a memeber who has just become a memeber is a bit harder though, but i am always willing to help someone out if i can.

bratkat64
12-17-2003, 10:17 PM
Some of the nicest people I have met are on this board. They know who I am talking about (I luv u guys ^_^) - one day I will repay them for their generosity.

the JigGa mAn
12-17-2003, 10:19 PM
count me in...esp right now..since its xmas season and im sure that if this person has a family we could help make their xmas a lil happier...

bratkat64
12-17-2003, 10:30 PM
Yeah who is this person? I can donate $1. ^_^

Rey
12-17-2003, 10:31 PM
I have no idea.............

bratkat64
12-17-2003, 10:33 PM
I only ask since the thread was kinda random. = D

the JigGa mAn
12-17-2003, 11:25 PM
i might have an idea..but its not my place to say...also i will only contribute to this IF it is ok with the person who will be getting the money...i dont to make someone a charity case...if they dont want our help..its totaly up to them

Vertigo
12-18-2003, 01:37 AM
Count me in! I'm willing to help out a fellow EPhatcher in dire straits. This site = much love

dj addicted
12-18-2003, 07:26 AM
Im poor and need a turbo kit... who wants to help???:D

Zero Three Si
12-18-2003, 08:16 AM
This thread was about nobody in particular. Just testing all of you damn motor grease monkeys!

I freaking LOVE EP HATCH DOT COM!!!!

yes I know I sound like a homo!:D

STP03BlueSI
12-18-2003, 08:30 AM
Originally posted by bratkat64
Well we talked to corporate and they said no. So I don't think it would matter. It sounds like age discrimination to me since I'm 20 and he's 24. It's not fair.

Hey i think she needs help more then ne thing.:o

STP03BlueSI
12-18-2003, 08:32 AM
Originally posted by bratkat64
Some of the nicest people I have met are on this board. They know who I am talking about (I luv u guys ^_^) - one day I will repay them for their generosity.

I know u love me..you need ne thing you have my #. Even thou i am in FL..i can still help:angelm: :winkm:

bratkat64
12-18-2003, 08:48 AM
Well here are the final numbers:

H&A tranny: $2,050
Honda: $2,400
Tear down: $525 - I was told $500 but Andy signed something saying $525 >_<

$13,700 for payoff of car.

Can you say "SCREWED"

We could consult insurance but we'd still have to come up with $1000 to pay for the deductible.

CaTiRo
12-18-2003, 11:02 AM
aww, an ep family ... just a little curious, i'm a member of clubsi and a member here .... can someone fill me in what happened in the start, why didn't everyone just join with clubsi, was there problems between the b16s and k20s? not trying to start anything or take over the thread just was wondering why not an si family ... [tear] why can't we just all get along ... [another tear] ... i mean we are just fellow si owners ... [crying] ... and shouldn't that be enough.

the JigGa mAn
12-18-2003, 01:36 PM
from my personal experince 99-00 si owners are cocky who look down on other cars thinking their car is the fastest production car ever..they also dont acknowledge that the 02-04 si might be some comp for them

LASI02
12-18-2003, 01:38 PM
ClubSi = No love for the Ep

Peking
12-18-2003, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by the JigGa mAn
from my personal experince 99-00 si owners are cocky who look down on other cars thinking their car is the fastest production car ever..they also dont acknowledge that the 02-04 si might be some comp for them

I would have to agree, it is almost like common knowledge. One of the first reasons why I wouldn't have bought an SI. Sucks to generalize, but it sorta applied.

Originally posted by CaTiRo
aww, an ep family ... just a little curious, i'm a member of clubsi and a member here .... can someone fill me in what happened in the start, why didn't everyone just join with clubsi, was there problems between the b16s and k20s? not trying to start anything or take over the thread just was wondering why not an si family ... [tear] why can't we just all get along ... [another tear] ... i mean we are just fellow si owners ... [crying] ... and shouldn't that be enough.

I too am a member of clubsi. Don't post to much, but try to help when I can. Clubsi is mostly 99-00 SI's, and most of your members were harsh on our car. Not saying that is the reason for the seperation. Just like many other makes and models, they all like have there own site. Even cars you wouldn't consider having a forum, they have um. We are a family, just kinda a distant one :D

We welcome anyone here, just like clubsi (and many other forums). We just don't tolerate disrespectful and/or harsh negitive comments (not saying that clubsi does).

02SilverSiHB
12-18-2003, 01:54 PM

I don't know about putting some cash for someone that lost their job....but if someone died, yeah, I'd help out with that. something along those lines

bloodzombie
12-18-2003, 02:05 PM
I'm somewhat new here (4 months now maybe?) and I originally just came here for information when I wanted to know how to make my ep faster. now that I decided to leave it stock and just get the sti in a couple years, I still keep coming here for entertainment while I'm at work.

Though I don't really feel like i've made any connection with the "club" or "family" and I can't really see myself donating money if someone lost a job (if it's basic human needs like food, I'd gladly get you a sandwich, but if that's the case, you should probably sell your car now), however, if you bring over some beer, I'll let you watch movies on my new 50" widescreen.

the JigGa mAn
12-18-2003, 02:54 PM
im not old enough to buy beer...but ill give you money for it...but then you must return the favor if you wanna come watch movies on our 70in

bloodzombie
12-18-2003, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by the JigGa mAn
im not old enough to buy beer...but ill give you money for it...but then you must return the favor if you wanna come watch movies on our 70in

That's not the sony 70" lcd rear projection by chance, is it?

Rey
12-18-2003, 03:59 PM
If we can get 500+ members to donate 1-2 dollars to Alesia, then she can get her car going again. I am willing to donate. She will need to post a paypal account to do the donation or something.

TrippZ
12-18-2003, 04:56 PM
That's kinda bullshit man.. why doesnt everyone donate whenever someone crashes? I'm down for helping but that doesnt make sense why should one person have everyone pay the bill for repair.

I'm just a bitter teenager though... I wish people would donate to me! Carry on!

bratkat64
12-18-2003, 05:02 PM
Dont worry about me. The car is a loss at this point anyways.:(

I just wish Honda would pay for it. If I was 30 I bet they would fix it.

pedzola
12-18-2003, 05:27 PM
Everybody donating to help out somebody with crash/accident costs is a noble idea, but it would never work on a community level.

Too many people damage their cars. How would we decide who gets $$ and how much? Say if our "crash account" has $1000 in it, and Alesia needs $2000 for a tranny, and I need $500 to cover my deductible for my crash. Who gets the $$? Do we split it? Does it matter how long a person has been a member? Does it matter what the reason for the need is? ("You were being stupid w/your car so we're not going to give you money, but Alesia didn't do anything wrong.")

It would be impossible to satisfy everyone like that...

Lets not turn EPHatch into an insurance company. :D

Although on a case-by-case basis it might work out. For example... Alesia needs a tranny and says pleeeeeeeeeeze paypal me some $$ :'( and we all paypal her $10. Then no harm is done to anyone else.

Another fun idea might be to have an EP-Lotto where everyone puts in some $$ and then the winner takes it (- administrative costs). ;)

bloodzombie
12-18-2003, 05:39 PM
The donating thing, though it sounds nice, would never work also because you think people wouldn't lie to you? If someone was drunk and backed into a parked car, they could tell you they got rear-ended to collect the money.

I'm with the bitter teenager, but for different reasons. If I was going to donate money to someone, I have friends in real life who could use it. But like I said before, I haven't really grown very attached to anyone here.

Peking
12-18-2003, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by bloodzombie
The donating thing, though it sounds nice, would never work also because you think people wouldn't lie to you? If someone was drunk and backed into a parked car, they could tell you they got rear-ended to collect the money.
I'm with the bitter teenager, but for different reasons. If I was going to donate money to someone, I have friends in real life who could use it. But like I said before, I haven't really grown very attached to anyone here.

Zombie is right, who can you trust. Anyone remember Law? I know bratkat, I wouldn't have a problem with giving some relief. I understand that others who don't know her, having trouble with sending money. About the friends, right once again. I think we all know someone who could use and/or deserve the money more.

bratkat64
12-18-2003, 07:04 PM
I still owe you guys $15. = P

ep3guy
12-18-2003, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by Peking
Zombie is right, who can you trust. Anyone remember Law? I know bratkat, I wouldn't have a problem with giving some relief. I understand that others who don't know her, having trouble with sending money. About the friends, right once again. I think we all know someone who could use and/or deserve the money more.

Yeah, I remember LAW. That fucktard fucked me over. Now it doesn't really matter anymore because my car is dead.

Anyone in SoCal wanna hook a brother up with a job? I'm a college student and still taking general ed classes because I don't know what I want to do yet. I am, however, interested in computers. :D Also, I type pretty fast so a data entry job would be great. ;)

bratkat64
12-18-2003, 07:10 PM
Yeah I am trying for another data entry position also, but I'm also appying anywhere and everywhere. No job = teh suck. I had to drop out of college because of it. I'm happy I had HOPE.