PDA

View Full Version : How much should I pay for Type S sway bars?

younggotti266
12-18-2003, 09:56 AM
How much should I pay for both Type S sway bars?

someone is selling them for $150 w/bushings, from what I can tell pretty good condition.

Also, is that all i need are does installation require
different brackets or hardware?

Thank you

Hatch, Si Hatch
12-18-2003, 10:10 AM
If that price includes shipping then I guess its not too bad of a price. I got mine for $120-130 shipped.

I just recently took off the front one and put the stock one back on, I believe that the car handles better like that. However this is just personal prefference.

With both the front and rear you get a good bit of oversteer. I was able to make the back end come loose around on ramps to the interstate. And at the auto-x's I found myself sideways more than I wanted to. Also haveing the front one seems like it decreases steering feel, I had a hard time telling where the wheels were sometime and found my self turning too much and then having to wrench the steering wheel back where I wanted it.

All in all I would say just get the rear one. Or, if you are going to go ahead and spend that much money, go ahead and get a 22mm from either the CTR or one from Progress.

Civicvtec1ps
12-18-2003, 10:24 AM
I paid 70 shipped for RSX 19mm rear sway bar.
Used .Came with stock bushings but not necessacry need to replace them anyway.

Peking
12-18-2003, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by Civicvtec1ps
I paid 70 shipped for RSX 19mm rear sway bar.
Used .Came with stock bushings but not necessacry need to replace them anyway.

Paid $50 picked up, Civicvtec1ps price is what I would pay. 19mm bushings are needed, I tried to make the stock 16mm fit. Wouldn't happen. :( (slaps head, thinking "what the hell was I thinking") :D

Zero Three Si
12-18-2003, 09:44 PM
I called my local dealer and they quoted me a price of 75 bucks brand new.

younggotti266
12-19-2003, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by Zero Three Si
I called my local dealer and they quoted me a price of 75 bucks brand new.

I'm gonna have to try that
thanks

K20A3Si
12-19-2003, 10:35 AM
thanks guys