PDA

View Full Version : K&N X-Stream Air Filter....

Sb00
12-18-2003, 11:40 PM
so this goes out to some of you really smart people out there...
as well as the people that have aftermarket intakes

here is the air filter http://www.knfilters.com/universal/X-stream.htm found this by accident while looking for a k&n filter for my injen intake.

so my question is would this type of filter have any performance gains with the added filter space over a filter with a closed top?

would the added filterspace mess with the flow of air into the intake?

any noticible pro's con's about this filter?

looks like it may sound a bit meaner than a normal closed cap filter due to the added airflow, but i want something that performs not just sounds mean...

silver
12-19-2003, 03:04 AM
that should be the filter that is included with their typhoon kit. theoretically i can see the filter performing better due to the increased area but since only so much air can be sucked in at any given moment anyways, it probably won't do much. now as for the quality of the filter and the cotton gauze that is a different story, arguably best filter on the market.

2QK4U ALLWAYS
12-19-2003, 06:24 AM
Yes you are right on the part that only so much air can be sucked in at a time but it will help with that it will have less resistance sucking it in because it comes from all over instead of just certain areas.
Possible gains are there but not substantial to make a whole lot of difference

Gasp23
12-19-2003, 06:58 AM
I got that filter with my K&N SRI. I think it's pretty cool. One of the reasons I bought the K&N SRI was because it has a true K&N filter.

Z26
12-19-2003, 08:45 AM
Thats the same filter thats on my typhoon intake.