PDA

View Full Version : Honda factory paint or color matching?

EKON
12-19-2003, 07:14 AM
I recently call around to see how much it would cost to get a bumper painted, and the guy said it depends on what kind of paint I want. He said that if he uses the Honda factory paint it may not match, because the paint may have faded some. So he suggested getting the paint custom matched to the gas tank cover. So my question to everyone here is....should I go with the Honda Factory Paint or Custom Color Matching?

P.S. I have had the car since April 2002.

Thanks,
EKON

civicSIracer
12-19-2003, 10:42 AM
i dont think that the paint on your 02and up car is fadded. theres nothing wrong with color matching tho.. its up to you

Peking
12-19-2003, 10:58 AM
If you want the color to match, just make sure they get the same paint. Most places will get the OEM paint, my friend hit a deer. Took it to a guy he knows (owns a small body shop in the ATL). Matched the rest of the car perfectly. I was impressed, might let him do mine. Since he charges much less than est. places.

tony speed
12-19-2003, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by Peking
If you want the color to match, just make sure they get the same paint. Most places will get the OEM paint, my friend hit a deer. Took it to a guy he knows (owns a small body shop in the ATL). Matched the rest of the car perfectly. I was impressed, might let him do mine. Since he charges much less than est. places.

hey j,

please pm me the info for that shop. I'm gonna eventually have to fix the body damage on my car.

thanks

Peking
12-19-2003, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by tony speed
hey j,
please pm me the info for that shop. I'm gonna eventually have to fix the body damage on my car.
thanks

No prob. JR Customs is the name. It's around the Georgia dome, I'll get the number later.

BAM! here it is 404-874-2336

tell him Randy Jr. sent you.

Jon

tony speed
12-23-2003, 08:31 AM
thanks a lot.