PDA

View Full Version : Rims or drop first?

Whiteboy
12-20-2003, 10:34 AM
Well I finally have enough money for one or the other. Do you think I should get Mugen sport suspension or put rims on it first? Whatever I choose, it's going to take awhile to get enough money for the other. All input will help me out a lot.

nyxie
12-20-2003, 10:40 AM
suspension. nothing looks worse than a car with rims and stock height.

Btrthnezr3
12-20-2003, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by nyxie
suspension. nothing looks worse than a car with rims and stock height.

I'm gonna have to second that. A slight drop (which the mugen is) looks great with stock rims. Very subtle and clean but for those who know, they'll notice. Keep us updated...and pics when ya get it all settled, pwease!

Civicvtec1ps
12-20-2003, 11:04 AM
No question about it.
Drop first.
My car dropped with tein s tech springs. Stock wheels
http://ephatch.com/forum/attachment.php?s=&postid=298891

Brettnyt
12-20-2003, 12:24 PM
Do both... Thats what I am doing... Just save your money and get both at the same time... I have had springs in my garage for months, but havent put em on, cause when i get rims (hopefully on christmas) It will be a completely different car with everything on... How exciting!:D But yeah, if you have to choose one, def go for a drop first...

RacingCivicSi02
12-20-2003, 12:24 PM
drop it.

Rim should come second.

Peking
12-20-2003, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by RacingCivicSi02
drop it.
Rim should come second.

Agreed, stock rims look pretty good. You shouldn't wait to lose the gap.

irrational
12-20-2003, 12:49 PM
drop it first unless you can hold out to do both at the same time.

civic hatch boi
12-20-2003, 01:11 PM
get rims first, then raise ur car. looks best.

Peking
12-20-2003, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by civic hatch boi
get rims first, then raise ur car. looks best.

LOL, like a 10" lift :D

Zero Three Si
12-20-2003, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by Peking
LOL, like a 10" lift :D

Just like that neon.

KeNnYtAkEr
12-22-2003, 01:08 PM
Hahah your in my boat I'm gonna drop it 1st. Mugen Sport suspension is really nice 1.4drop pretty good. I wanna wait for the Spoon Sports suspension should be out really soon.:D

BlackNRedSi
12-22-2003, 01:13 PM
get rims first, then drop...see how best the car looks with the rims you like...

if you do like 205/40/17s or 215/45/17s your drop will look different on the tires you get...

thats just my opinion...

im on rims with no drop, and honestly i could care less...my car gets dropped soon, but after putting on my rims i could say to myself, hmmm, 1 inch? 2 inch? none @ all? lol i pick the in middle, doing eibach sports 1.5

eric

BlasTech
12-22-2003, 01:26 PM
Im gonna vote for RIMS first, because I think the stock TIRES are the weakest point of the Si, and they need to be addressed most urgently.

The tires alone really hurt the Si's rep in the magazine road tests IMO.

Not that Im downplaying suspension as a great upgrade!!

And for god sakes, use these tidbits a rule of thumb:

1. No more than 1lb of weight per inch of wheel. Period.

2. You wont regret spending a little more, but you will regret something that's second best on your final list.

3. Get hub-centric rings, and ask for them for free.

4. Price out the tires when you decide on wheel size. Think about how often you'll to replace them. Every year? Every two years?

5. Try to get 205's... 195 just aint enough for the Si.

6. When you get suspension, get a good (specialized) alignment!

7. Take your time deciding! We will all help you narrow your choices down, and even photoshop them for you! That's what ephatch is for!

-dave

Zero Three Si
12-22-2003, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by BlasTech
Im gonna vote for RIMS first, because I think the stock TIRES are the weakest point of the Si, and they need to be addressed most urgently.

The tires alone really hurt the Si's rep in the magazine road tests IMO.

Not that Im downplaying suspension as a great upgrade!!

5. Try to get 205's... 195 just aint enough for the Si.

6. When you get suspension, get a good (specialized) alignment!

I have to disagree with this brother. My car handled like crap before I put springs on. The car handles great now with H&R springs on. The tires don't spin. Also, I would say if you have a good install technique, you might not need an alignment.

EP3ME
12-22-2003, 03:03 PM
Drop 1st!!! No 2 ways about it!!!