PDA

View Full Version : What.... The .... !!!

Type X
12-20-2003, 04:23 PM
i got my Tein basic's installed on tuesday by a tein authorized dealer

after getting home from the shop....which is an HOUR away
started making spring "boing" sounds from the drivers spring when i turn the wheel and loud "thuds"

so i call the shop they say bring it in
which i do TODAY

i get to the shop
they take the car
spray them with wd40 and its still making the noise
and the guy says...u should tighten it weekly...

i was like wtf
so i tell him to fix it again
he takes the car in the back for an hour
and comes to me and says a "bushing that goes under the Tein ring is missing.....

so he "custom fabbed" one...
i leave the shop with no sounds
no i pull into my driveway

and its making the noise again

i = furious:yellm:

03BlueSperm
12-20-2003, 04:28 PM
DDDAAAMMMM!!!

danoonez
12-20-2003, 04:43 PM
All these stories about noisy Teins keep pushing me more and more towards Mugen. Teins are badass though, hope you get this problem solved Type X. Post some pictures with the new setup, if you haven't already.

Jpax
12-20-2003, 06:17 PM
The lower perch might be binding on the spring and when the wheel is turned the upper purch might not be turning with the coilover causing it to pop... That happend on my passenger side. i had to take it apart Grease every thing then reinstall it. I was pissed but it was worth it no noise.:)

bobdobbs
12-20-2003, 08:22 PM
You should not need to grease or lube anything if it is assembled correctly. The "tighten them weekly" is a big pile of bullshit. They should be silent; mine are and have been since early September when I installed them.

Do you have all the parts they took out of the car? If so, I'd check if the upper bearings aren't installed. They're small black plastic rings.

Zero Three Si
12-20-2003, 09:20 PM
Well we are 1 for 2. My H&R springs were installed correctly.

X, I had to drive an hour to get mine installed too.:o

!@#$%
12-20-2003, 09:26 PM
it's stories like these that make me skeptical of other people working on my car regardless of whether or not they are "certified"

Type X
12-20-2003, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by PaXiE
The lower perch might be binding on the spring and when the wheel is turned the upper purch might not be turning with the coilover causing it to pop... That happend on my passenger side. i had to take it apart Grease every thing then reinstall it. I was pissed but it was worth it no noise.:)

well monday chuck is going to try to call tein and see whats up
because if i finally DO get it finalized
i really dont want to have any damaged products in the long run

for now i am going to drive my 00 ex
and if tein wont do anything i will buy a new "oem Bushing or ball bearing or whatever"
and have a local shop install those and lube it up
and if that wont solve it
i will throw the tein's out and buy mugen:yellm:

danoonez
12-20-2003, 10:01 PM
and if that wont solve it
i will throw the tein's out and buy Mugen

And then post pictures;)

Type X
12-20-2003, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by danoonez
And then post pictures;)

pix of what?
the car is sitting a little higher than it was with the Tein S tech's and the height is adjustable:cool:

bobdobbs
12-20-2003, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by Type X
and if tein wont do anything i will buy a new "oem Bushing or ball bearing or whatever"
Tein will probably blame the installer and they'd probably be right. The bearing is #9 in this diagram:

http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/catimgs/13S5S01_B28.gif

From here:

http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/auto/jsp/mws/prddisplay.jsp?inputstate=5&catcgry1=Civic&catcgry2=2003&catcgry3=3DR+SI&catcgry4=KA5MT&catcgry5=FRONT+SHOCK+ABSORBER

danoonez
12-20-2003, 11:08 PM
pix of what?

I remember you selling the volks a while back. So I assume you bought new wheels and I haven't seen them yet.

SiR_d1
12-20-2003, 11:48 PM
I think he's put back his stockies for the winter

danoonez
12-20-2003, 11:48 PM
Oh. My bad then.

Type X
12-21-2003, 12:13 AM
Originally posted by SiR_d1
I think he's put back his stockies for the winter

yupperz ;)

but springtime
something new is coming :confused:

todaCspec
12-22-2003, 07:39 AM
Sorry to hear of the problems, hope sh#t gets resolved. I go for Mugens myself, considering that they come already assembled and they've addressed the bumpsteer issue. I've had Neuspeed coilovers before on my sol, they were great but took forever to adjust. I always got a great workout afterwards. After two years it did show some rust on the sleeve from adjusting.

Type X
12-22-2003, 02:02 PM
amazingly i took the si for a spin
and last night and today it didnt make the noise:eek:

so who knwos wtf is going on :)

bobdobbs
12-22-2003, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by Type X
so who knwos wtf is going on :)
How much drop you got on the mofos? Or, how much thread is left below the spring seats?

Type X
12-22-2003, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by bobdobbs
How much drop you got on the mofos? Or, how much thread is left below the spring seats?

right now they are sitting where my s techs were in the front
roughly 1.4 drop

SiR_d1
12-22-2003, 05:43 PM
glad to hear everythign is ok for now

andy
12-22-2003, 05:48 PM
I installed Tein SS a couple weeks ago, haven't had any noises/sounds.
I did put a good amount of grease at the top and bottom of the spring
(basically anywhere where things come together). 02Silver was getting
some odd noises on his springs/Koni's, maybe look at his old posts?

I seriously need to get used to a lowered car, though, damn scraped
the hell out of my exhaust last night. :mad: :'(

LASI02
12-23-2003, 07:20 AM
This might sound funny but check your lug nuts, I had a problem after my spring install with a loud popping noise when I turned my wheel. I thought it was the bushing but turns out one of my lug nuts was not torqued correctly and it was causing the noise. strange.

Jpax
12-23-2003, 11:53 PM
Originally posted by bobdobbs
You should not need to grease or lube anything if it is assembled correctly.

So your saying there should be no greese? weird, from the factory there was gresse on the bushing in the upper strut cap.....kind of green color.

Suk02Si
12-24-2003, 12:41 AM
I use some Valvoline bearing grease stuff for the upper bearing. I use the stuff all the time, it works great.