PDA

View Full Version : for those with hp headers...

fishboy
09-19-2002, 11:34 AM
i am ready to buy this header, but i have some questions first and any help would be appreciated. is nopionline a cool company to deal with? i don't ususally buy stuff online so i need to make sure. and how about the heat under the hood? is it really bad? should i invest in some heat wrap since the heat shield will not fit back on? and finally how has it held up so far? any problems for those who have had them for a while? i don't really care if the chrome is peeling but is there any warping, rust, or corrosion that may be signs of extreme wear during a short amount of time? or is the hp brand really a solid product? i am ready to get it and i cannot justify the high prices of the dc and comptech models. thanks in advance.

miamijdm
09-19-2002, 06:52 PM
fishboy, you have nothing to worry about.. The hp header is perfect. Im sure nopionline is a very good source for you to purchase from. I've had my header for about 5 months now and still no problems as of yet. The heat under the hood has not increased or anything like that.. I say go for it, It can only give you MORE power... peace

fASTBACK
09-19-2002, 07:00 PM
Why dont you just wait for DC Sports. There coming out with the one for our Si. Ohhh wait, Is it the price difference?

66elwood99
09-19-2002, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by miamijdm
fishboy, you have nothing to worry about.. The hp header is perfect. Im sure nopionline is a very good source for you to purchase from. I've had my header for about 5 months now and still no problems as of yet. The heat under the hood has not increased or anything like that.. I say go for it, It can only give you MORE power... peace

Did you get the ceramic or chrome? Should I spend the extra few dollars for the ceramic? Thanks for your opinion!

JSIR
09-19-2002, 07:46 PM
the ceramic one takes a long time to get, so I changed my order to the chrome ones after they were taking so long to get the ceramic one. I am quite happy with the chrome one though, it has held up fine, looks good too. Underhood temps dont seem any worse, I would not worry about heat wrap, plus it can be damaging to the header. This thing is really sturdy though. Nopi is decent enough, I've dealt with a guy named Skip and he has gone out of his way to make sure my parts were sent properly, ask for him when you call the Augusta Georgia store location if you can find that one. Ive ordered two parts from Nopi , and they had to drop ship them from the manufacturer since they weren't in stock at the time, Skip made sure the parts were sent out quickly and properly as sometimes you can run into problems and delays with drop shipments.

ssvr6
09-20-2002, 05:27 AM
I ordered my Injen CAI from nopi with no problems. I'll be ordering my HP header from them too.

Steve

fishboy
09-20-2002, 09:46 AM
cool thanks guys. i think i'm gonna get the header pretty soon. thanks for the replies. and yeah the dc header is way overpriced compared to this one and i just cannot justify the extra cost. oh by the way the dc header is already available, fastback, if you were interested.:)

fASTBACK
09-20-2002, 11:29 AM
fishboy

i know that there is a dyno chart for the Dc sports but is there one for the Hp? How much is the Dc sports making over the Hp and Vice versa. Are you getting the 4-2-1? Thats what im interested in but from Dc sports. I had the 4-2-1 and the 4-1 Dc sports header before on my JRSC 99 ex and they was awesome. I never used Hp before. And isn't it for the base RSX. I know it will still fit but is there one just for the Si?

fishboy
09-20-2002, 11:53 AM
yeah dc has headers just for the si. i called them and asked and specified that it was for the 02 si hatch, i 've had problems with people thinkng i was askng for products for the 00 si in the past so i made sure they knew i was talking about the hatch.

2002Si
09-20-2002, 12:15 PM
There isn't a header out for the 02 Si yet. I called Comptech, DC....., you name it and the comtech header comes out in the beginning of October. You can buy the base model RSX header but it might not be exactly what you want. NOPI has a lot of parts on the website that aren't out yet!!!!!!!!!!!! I really don't think that the base RSX header is out yet!!!!! And exactly where did you find that DYNO chart???? I wanna see what the HP gains are.

fishboy
09-20-2002, 12:41 PM
yeah dc should have them out already. i spoke with them directly a couple of days ago. unless that lady was lying!!! i'm gonna call again to make absolutely sure later.

so yeah the hp header though...

should i expect some gain throughout the power band? maybe a possible loss in low end? i just want my car to feel peppier, my intake is not enough nowadays.

2002Si
09-20-2002, 03:04 PM
I talked to both DC and Comptech TODAY and they said that the header won't be out until October

fishboy
09-20-2002, 03:35 PM
yeah, i just got of the phone with DC right now and they said they have a stainless and ceramic header, DAC, and lower tie bar. you didn't have to lie and say today, you could have just said, "oh, i called them last week."

DC Sports
1451East 6th Street
Corona, California 92879
909-734-2030

smokincivic
09-20-2002, 04:09 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by fishboy
[B]yeah, i just got of the phone with DC right now and they said they have a stainless and ceramic header, DAC, and lower tie bar. you didn't have to lie and say today, you could have just said, "oh, i called them last week."

I just called them as well and the DC Header for our car has been out for about a week. Ceramic has a part number of ahc6515 and it runs $395.95 and the Stainless part# ahs6515 and that runs 500.45, she stated that if you want this you can call any large distibutor like NOPI and give them the number to DC along with part number if they say they cannot get it yet and DC will ship it to them asap

2002Si
09-23-2002, 05:34 AM
I don't lie, I called them and that's what they said, and if they have it it hasn't been dynoed yet. I don't know whay they told me that if it's not true, it must have been some dumb ass on the phone. I really did call the bastards, I bet the dumb ass I talked to was just being lazy. And another thing, don't ever tell me I'm lying again, you don't know what the mother fucker told me!:mad:

fishboy
09-23-2002, 09:28 AM
i was just kidding about the "lie" thing. all in good fun, i was actually doubting the information the lady gave to me the first time. i was just messing with you though, sorry, i joke around alot. but yeah i'm gonna get the hp header soon, the prices for dc are too high for me.

2002Si
09-23-2002, 10:01 AM
Work got me a lil ancy, sry:rolleyes:

fishboy
09-23-2002, 10:17 AM
haha, it's cool, no worries.