PDA

View Full Version : Cheap K20A swap

S800Racer
12-22-2003, 08:29 AM
You've seen this one before - "$40,000 EP", "EP on e-bay". STP Blue with K20A, Type R body kit, coil-over, brake kit, etc. I took it for a test drive last week. :D
This is one seriously fast EP. My father has an S2K and this EP accelerates at least as strong. They wanted to make me a pretty good offer on it but I'm really not in the market for this kind of car. I already have an EP and I have gone to the trouble of doing a K20A2 swap. Mine also rides better and I prefer the understated sleeper look to the flashy big wheels & body kit look.
If this car had been available when I bought my EP, I would have taken it in a heartbeat. If it had been available before I did my swap, I would have taken it in a heartbeat.
If anyone is interested in this car, think of it this way - what would you pay for a K20A swap? They offered me a trade plus cash deal that was less than the cost of a K20A. For less than the K20A motor cost you get the K20A, coil over kit, big brake kit, wheels & tires and the type R body kit.
Let me know if you are interested, I know someone at the dealership and I can get you past some red tape & BS.
Yes, I do have a financial interest in this. My connection promised me a $50 "bird dog" fee if I found a buyer. I'm not hard up for $50 but I figured I should be up front about financial interests.

Mighty_Mouse
12-22-2003, 09:06 AM
What did the Ebay auction end at? Do you know if the dealership fixed the body kit or the engine problem? What are they asking for it?

S800Racer
12-22-2003, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by Mighty_Mouse
What did the Ebay auction end at? Do you know if the dealership fixed the body kit or the engine problem? What are they asking for it?

I'm told the auction ended with a high bid around $16,500.00. The body kit has not been fixed - I don't think anyone at the dealership knows that it's screwed up and needs fixing. I don't think there is any engine problem. They had a buyer that freaked and backed out when he saw some oil on the motor. It was just a loose cam cover. It runs just fine. The only 'problem' I know of is that the header thumps the body if you don't match revs on downshifts - a clearance problem. Engine mounts might cure that. I think they will take $20,000.00 for it. They offered me trade plus $5,000.00 (which is probably less than $20,000.00).

For anyone that is considering a K20A swap, I don't see how you could pass it up - you get the engine installed plus a lot of other goodies at way under retail cost -- all installed for you.

teejoh
12-22-2003, 11:48 AM
...there must be some ineterest because your box is full:D ....ummm add me to the list

S800Racer
12-22-2003, 01:01 PM
I don't know what is wrong with my PMbox. There are no messages in it and everyone that tries to pm me says it's full!! Just send me an email if you want to respond privately. (s800racer@earthlink.net)