PDA

View Full Version : clutch

B4U
12-22-2003, 02:02 PM
Hondas not backing me with my clutch... so I'm not going with the stock(peace of shit) clutch
I'm giong with Exedy single plate organic I think
any info or imput would be appecreated

KickerSi
12-23-2003, 08:08 PM
I have heard good things about Excedy but I haven't heard anything for the K-series yet. Don't you have to get a type-s flywheel when you get an Excedy clutch? Let us know how it is if you get one.

Vertigo
12-23-2003, 08:49 PM
You can check out K-series.com (http://www.k-series.com) and PM Steve(K-series)or US-SI on here, and ask him some questions. I know he has the aftermarket clutch/lighten flywheel setup. He should be able to help you out.

03EP3Si
12-24-2003, 06:58 PM
From what ive heard we are already useing a Type-s flywheel. Exedy has the clutch and flywheel kit for our EP3. Last i checked they have that whole setup on ClubRSX.com

Siman
12-24-2003, 07:28 PM
http://store.clubrsx.com/merchant.mv?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=ARSXTRC

remeber, the RSX base is the same tranny as our Si...so look for jusr "RSX".;)

03EP3Si
12-24-2003, 09:00 PM
Thanks for the backup Siman :D

BlackNRedSi
12-24-2003, 09:16 PM
there is nothing wrong with the stock clutch...it is very good for the car, there is no need for a stage 2 clutch unless you have the mods needed for it...yeah its nice to have a stiffer clutch, but to be honest with you its just a waste of your money otherwise...

and what do u mean honda isnt backing you up?

did you already blow your clutch?

03EP3Si
12-24-2003, 11:50 PM
Well i gotta say, i have an I/h/e and i didnt think i would need a new clutch. but i gotta say my clutch is really starting to suck ass. There is only 20 thousand miles on the car and the clutch is starting to go. As soon as i slapped the headers on i felt like when i shifted hard the cluth wouldnt be able to handle it to much longer. i guess i was right lol I also install the ES Inserts but i guesss it was to late for that lol peace!:)