PDA

View Full Version : big question about coilsprings (to the know alls, Click on this!)

00002SiR
12-22-2003, 02:57 PM
hey, i found a set of nuespeed coilsprings for 225$CDN, heres the problem! their for an rsx, will they fit on my 2002 sir???? only people that know for sure please tell me, i have to buy them tomorow! thanks in advance

Peking
12-22-2003, 03:02 PM
http://www.ephatch.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=10

And don't do it.

00002SiR
12-22-2003, 03:48 PM
why not????

Zero Three Si
12-22-2003, 04:53 PM
Peking...you really offered the guy ALOT of help!:rolleyes:

Peking
12-22-2003, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by Zero Three Si
Peking...you really offered the guy ALOT of help!:rolleyes:

Yeah sorry, hard to post at work. Why didn't you help him out? Just kidding mang. When it comes to lowering the car, I feel it to be a safer bet to go with something that has been tested (meaning used by someone already, now some folks will say that springs are springs, same spring can sit in different rides). Neuspeed coil-overs have not been used to my knowledge. I would think it wise to consider Skunk2, Ground Controls, Tein Basic (if you have the money), and Mugen (non-adj. and if you have the cash).

Ground Controls $339.00 (from options auto, call showstoppers)
http://www.optauto.com/store/images/gc-cok.gif
Ground Control Adjustable Coilover Kits allows you the option to customize the ride height of your vehicle. Unlike other spring kits that require removal of the strut assembly, the unique design of the Ground Control kit allows for quick, easy adjustment. Simply lift the corner(s) to be adjusted and spin the adjuster up or down to raise or lower the vehicle. Ground Control spring kits are designed to be used with either stock or aftermarket shocks.
All height adjustable kits feature Eibach Springs. These high quality springs offer a lifetime warranty against defects. All adjusters consist of a threaded sleeve and adjustable spring seat and are made using 6061 aluminum, anodized for greater durability and appearance. All other adapter hardware is machined from the same high strength 6061 T-6 aluminum.
Note: This Kit will only fit Stock, Sashs, Boge Shocks.
Tech note: For the Front, trimming of stock spring seat allows added range of adjustment.

Skunk2 $336.00

http://www.optauto.com/store/images/S2-COK.GIF

Skunk2 Adjustable Coilover Kits are the ultimate in street-level performance and quality. Each kit includes CNC machined threaded aluminum sleeves and hot-rolled SAE 9254 racing springs. Skunk2 Racing's hot-rolled springs are the key to its superior performance and unsurpassed ride quality. Skunk2 Racing Coilvers are available for late model Hondas, Acuras, VW's, and Mitsubishi Eclipse, and allow up to a 4" drop.

Just remember there are springs and coil-overs that can pull it off in other cars. There is a reason why the Neuspeeds aren't even an option on vendor sites. Might cost alittle more, but worth the piece of mind.

Hope this helps :)

Peking
12-22-2003, 06:18 PM
Also please delete this (you do that by hitting the edit button, and checking the delete square), help keep our site clean :)

Originally posted by 00002SiR
i found some nuespeed coilsprings for an rsx, will they fit on my sir? and does anyone have them, is their any bad nightmares that ill have to wrry about like every other FU@K$N spring set up out their, thanks

I have heard many stories about their springs, enough to change my mind on buying them (I wouldn't feel to comfortable with their coil-overs, when there are other brands I like better).

00002SiR
12-22-2003, 10:58 PM
thanks for the help guys, this written off type s that coming into work has jip susp, i heard its really good what do you guys think. and will rsx stt's fit on my car?