PDA

View Full Version : exhaust break-in

halos02Si
12-23-2003, 01:39 AM
i tried searching for some information on this but could not find anything to help me out...hopefully someone with an exhaust already installed could answer this for me

my friend recently installed a magnaflow on his accord, and i noticed that it sounded very ricey for quite a bit before it got broken into....i ordered the hks and am hoping to get it by the end of this week and was just wondering if anyone here who has already installed an hks on their ep experienced any bad ricey sounds for a bit and if so, how long did it last.

Vertigo
12-23-2003, 09:02 PM
The people that have the Mangaflow on here say that after a while the tone will change and get quiter. I have a Skunk2. It's simaller to the HKS. I have had it for 2 months now and no change in tone or loudness.

Peking
12-23-2003, 09:13 PM
At first (if brand new) the heat will burn the oil on and in the piping, so you'll get that new pipe smell. After some time crap will build up in the pipe (kinda like the cat), so that will effect your sound as well.

My HKS (I got used), has been very good to me. Love the sound, not as loud as my custom I used to have (but that was cause it didn't have a resonator). You will be pleased :D

halos02Si
12-23-2003, 11:15 PM
thanks a lot for the help guys, i really appreciate it.

i cant wait till i get it.

i got my dc headers today, and wasnt too bad of an install besides the nasty nasty deep cut i got while installing it....anything for my purty baby :)

thanks again guys

mhx
12-24-2003, 08:38 AM
its prob because the car was cold

silver
12-26-2003, 04:12 AM
Originally posted by halos02Si
i got my dc headers today

define ricey?
cuz if its a term for people who don't know much about cars and mod them...well you only have one header.

jfwy:D