PDA

View Full Version : shot wheel bearing

kmonster
12-23-2003, 02:21 AM
my front left wheel bearing is shot and im wondering if u guys think honda will warranty it if i have aftermarket springs?

oldschoolimport
12-23-2003, 02:28 AM
they should, if they wont be total dicks about it. if you had low-rider offset wheels that stick out real far, that would put more stress on the bearings, springs would not. I don't see how they could deny this claim. if you are sure your dealer will fight it, it might be worth the time to put the stock springs back on. if they give the hint about NOT covering it, don't leave it with them. get the parts from www.hondaautomotiveparts.com (http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com) and do it yourself. labor will kill you.

kmonster
12-23-2003, 02:54 AM
thats what i thought, i already had an appointment and i think one of the techs drove it. they didnt put it on the lift. the part wasnt stocked so they ordered it. i have to go back next monday. hopefully they dont give me and shit about it.

CywiththeblkSi
12-23-2003, 06:23 AM
Originally posted by kmonster
my front left wheel bearing is shot and im wondering if u guys think honda will warranty it if i have aftermarket springs?

How many miles on the car? What kind of noise is it making? Is it definitely the wheel bearing? I was given a similar diagnosis by the shop who put the springs in but my Honda dealer said it was the top of spring rubbing against something. I only had about 5-6K on the car at that point so I figure the Honda dealer was correct.

mrfixit687
12-23-2003, 12:31 PM
lowering your car and putting more negative camber on the wheel does cause more stress on the wheel bearing, so best advice is to put back your stock spring if you dont want to pay for a new wheel bearing and labor

kmonster
12-23-2003, 07:45 PM
31K. its def comming from the wheel bearing when i make left turns while im moving. if they dont fix it then ill just do it myself, screw um. i think the bearing is like 40 bucks, and i know someone who ownes a machine shop so i can get it pressed out. no big deal, i trust myself doing it more anyway. it would just be nice to get it done for free

ConeCrazy02
12-23-2003, 09:51 PM
Are you sure it is the wheel bearing? I know when I didnt tighten the two strut bolts enough, the wheel moved around.

kmonster
12-24-2003, 12:12 AM
Originally posted by ConeCrazy02
Are you sure it is the wheel bearing? I know when I didnt tighten the two strut bolts enough, the wheel moved around.
i ment to say when i turn right. but im not sure. i could try and torque those bolts down tommorow. ill let you know
thanks for your help