PDA

View Full Version : Another week without my car

02NJHondaep3
12-23-2003, 10:25 AM
In case you all don't know after having my engine mounts replaced and receiving no paperwork, I was having transmission problems. I brought it back to my Honda and they decided to work on the transmission.

I dropped it off 12/14 for early monday morning so they could work on it first thing.They rebuilt the transmission at 19K. They broke my ball joints and had to replace them. They broke 2 bolts on the transmission. Now they broke a knuckle? whatever that is, can someone please explain?. I didn't get a rental until last friday 12/19 and it expired monday 12/22 at 4PM. I called the manager and he said it should be done tomorrow don't worry about it.

So i call today and they said the manager and the whole service team took off!?! I asked about tomorrow and she said they may even take off the rest of the week.

Now does everyone understand my situation? Do i have a lemon law case? Should I complain to American Honda?I love my ep and now i might not have it for christmas. Happy holidays everyone.

DavidT
12-23-2003, 10:41 AM
What the flying fish kinda Honda dealer is that to be breaking shit on your left and right? I think either they're full of shit, making up excuses to hold your car there long cause they're lazy. Or they have some shitty ass mechanics. If they meant the steering knuckle, that fawker is all cast iron shit. It's what your shocks bolt onto and your CV goes through and all hub/rotor is all on that piece. There is no fawk'n way you can break that unless you're a complete dumbass not knowing what the hell you're doing.

My question is, how the hell are they breaking all that shit on your car when all they're doing is rebuilding your tranny? The R&R procedure for the tranny would be the same as replacing the clutch, do they break that many parts when they're replacing a clutch on a customer's car? Sounds real fishy. I'd go back with a lawyer or something and/or another mechanic that is honest and take a look at your car. With an honest Honda dealer that has all the parts and a good mechanic (Like they should all have) rebuilding the tranny would take less than 3 days total.

vtecnrg
12-23-2003, 10:50 AM
Dude I sympathize. I had my car in for some engine warranty work and Honda had my car for 21 days . It is hard to wait. I finally decided that there are things I have control over and things that I don't. I don't have control over Honda's service department, I do have control over how I respond to the waiting. I hope that helps. Good Luck. Don't let Honda spoil your Holiday.

simione
12-23-2003, 12:58 PM
My ball joints were busted and my car was making all kinds of noises when i turned my steering wheel all the way left or right. when i took it to the dealer they told me it was not under warranty because of my aftermarket suspension. so i went to get the balljoints and it turns out that i have to buy the whole knuckle because that is the only way that honda sells them. When i ordered them the passenger side knuckle was on superintergallactic backorder. That was the exact term that hondas parts computer spit out at the dealer. Luckily Gwinnett place honda in Georgia had 2 in stock so i ordered it and my car rides so much better now with the new ball joints.

younggotti266
12-23-2003, 05:33 PM
My advice to you is

Show up in the morning when it's busy as hell
and start cussing up a hurricane....

Then ask for the Service Manager

Tell them how they f'ed up and ask what are they
going to do to take care of you
It doesn't hurt to tell them you deserve some free scheduled maintenance after all this b.s.

If he doesn't take care of you talk to his boss

Big_T
01-01-2004, 07:58 PM
I know how you're feeling my si has been in the shop for 3 weeks now

the JigGa mAn
01-01-2004, 08:46 PM
im with younggotti266 go there and raise some fuckin hell...you are a paying customer and dont let them forget it...then call American Honda and tell them whats up...

shimmy_yaz
01-02-2004, 11:33 AM
yeah i was without my ep for almost a month after it got broken into. It really sux not having a car. hell I am still waiting for parts I have a toggle switch zip tied to the dash for heater controls.