PDA

View Full Version : Just got a ticket on lunch break--WTF!!!!!

master7
12-23-2003, 11:50 AM
Man - I am sitting in a two lane turn lane- in the far left lane- i see its has turned green. So this lady in front of me in a Xterra is looking for something in her truck- head ever which way except forward. All the traffic in front of her has made the turn. Then i am like BEEE-ATTTCCCHHH I look in th right lane its clear i drive around and as i am going through the light it goes from yellow to red- this light is a quick one. Then the lady realized it and gunned it- we both make it... I look in my rear view and a trooper pops behind me . He says i saw that lady i would have gotten her too , if i could. But you getting a ticket for running a red light. The ticket is $125. I think i am going to go to court and ask for pray of judgement (not sure if thats spelled right- but thats the way it sounds ) I have'nt had a ticket in over five yrs. And suggestions??

And i wouldn't have felt so bad if i would of got caught speeding like 70 in a 55 or something- but me running a red light ticket is pure B.S.-- I just want to avoid points if possible dont care about paying some one time court fee compared to three yrs of raised insurnace... HELP

nyxie
12-23-2003, 12:01 PM
buaaaahahahahahahahahahahah what do you want us to be all sad for you because it was your fault? maybe you want us to talk shit on the dumb girl who dropped her lipstick? or the fucking cop who was just doing his job? i don't feel sorry for your impatient ass. :eek:

bobdobbs
12-23-2003, 12:03 PM
Geez, Merry Christmas to you too, nyxie.

:*

02NJHondaep3
12-23-2003, 12:25 PM
Its not so bad i bet you can get it dropped and just pay a bigger fine. Especially since your record is clear. Good luck and happy holidays in either case.

master7
12-23-2003, 12:27 PM
If everybody was like nyxie - this would not be called planet earth but planet of the anus!!!!! But we need drag queens like you to laugh at sometimes.

We all will have our day with a cop or trooper one day if not already, some a few times more than others. I aint asking for no sadness-everything is real - i am just asking for advise on how to reduce any financial wows or points on driving record.

Oh yeah nxyie-- stop jerking off to the hot picture of the SI's on this website....(*_*)

fsugatorbait
12-23-2003, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by nyxie
buaaaahahahahahahahahahahah what do you want us to be all sad for you because it was your fault? maybe you want us to talk shit on the dumb girl who dropped her lipstick? or the fucking cop who was just doing his job? i don't feel sorry for your impatient ass.
Lets get the gloves out and settle this mono et mono...ding ding ding!

:D ;) :p

EDIT:
Originally posted by bobdobbs
nyxie's a chick
Better yet, lets drop the gloves and break out the KY and do it Old School style! ;)

Your my boy blue...:D

andy
12-23-2003, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by fsugatorbait
Better yet, lets drop the gloves and break out the KY and do it Old School style! ;)

Your my boy blue...:D

hahaha...I hear fsu took the restrictor plate off the red dragon.
let's keep that on the down low, she's not exactly street legal.

on topic: not sure if you can do PFJ on a red light ticket or not.
if you can, you'll still have to pay court costs, but the ticket won't
go on your record (supposedly). if you do decide to do that, go ahead
and go to the DMV and have them pull your driving record for you and
bring it with you, so that you don't have to get a return date. your
other option is to ask for a continuance/delay it as many times as
possible (i think in nc you can do it 3 times) so that by the time
you do pay, it'll be like 3 years from now. lol.

2003EPHatch
12-23-2003, 12:45 PM
Sorry to hear man. Probably should of just waited it out an all would of been set. Either way hope everything works out for the best an Happy Holidays.

eurosteez
12-23-2003, 12:52 PM
definitly fight it!!!
with red light tickets its the cops word against yours, that is if there isn't those stupid red light cameras. But the way the situation went, the judge might side with you cuz the stupid lady in front of you, PLUS it was still yellow.
REMEMBER(Atleast in CA) only the front bumper has to be past the first line of the crosswalk before the light turns red for it to be legal

STP03BlueSI
12-23-2003, 12:55 PM
Damn thats fucked up. My bro got pulled over for using his HORN...right.45$ ticket for Excess use of Horn device..sad.

Right outside where i work the SPPD is having a Annual Fund raiser..:mad:

nyxie
12-23-2003, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by master7
If everybody was like nyxie - this would not be called planet earth but planet of the anus!!!!! But we need drag queens like you to laugh at sometimes.

We all will have our day with a cop or trooper one day if not already, some a few times more than others. I aint asking for no sadness-everything is real - i am just asking for advise on how to reduce any financial wows or points on driving record.

Oh yeah nxyie-- stop jerking off to the hot picture of the SI's on this website....(*_*)

wow :eek: you got me! :D

you want some advice, you made your bed now sleep in it. :)

Originally posted by STP03BlueSI
Damn thats fucked up. My bro got pulled over for using his HORN...right.45$ ticket for Excess use of Horn device..sad.

Right outside where i work the SPPD is having a Annual Fund raiser..:mad:

now this guy's story is FUCKED up.

jereds02si
12-23-2003, 01:58 PM
I wish a moderator would ban Nyxie so we don't have to have his ignorant comments all the time.

Mugen_EP
12-23-2003, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by jereds02si
I wish a moderator would ban Nyxie so we don't have to have his ignorant comments all the time.

Or we can leave him here and just laugh at his stupid ass comments.:D

He adds a little flava to the site while staying borderline. Unless he really chooses to jump over the line he is ok in my book.;)

Also you can aways add him to your ignore list so you wont see his posts.

-Tony

bobdobbs
12-23-2003, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by Mugen_EP
Or we can leave her here and just laugh at her stupid ass comments.:D

She adds a little flava to the site while staying borderline. Unless she really chooses to jump over the line she is ok in my book.;)

Also you can aways add her to your ignore list so you wont see her posts.

-Tony
Fixed. ;)

ep3hatchattack
12-23-2003, 02:53 PM
Nyxie is one of those people who had a real fucked up life, so he/she whatever it is, just goes online and makes more people fucked up in the head by choosing ignorant comments to say. Why dont you try to post something useful....

Anyways, I would try to fight the ticket because most of the time the cop will not be able to show up because he will be on duty and cannot take off a day of work for a red light ticket. just an idea, take care, dave

snubnose
12-23-2003, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by ep3hatchattack

Anyways, I would try to fight the ticket because most of the time the cop will not be able to show up because he will be on duty and cannot take off a day of work for a red light ticket. just an idea, take care, dave

Nah, cops have all their court dates scheduled on the same day.

Peking
12-23-2003, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by snubnose
Nah, cops have all their court dates scheduled on the same day.

Yep :)

Originally posted by nyxie
buaaaahahahahahahahahahahah what do you want us to be all sad for you because it was your fault? maybe you want us to talk shit on the dumb girl who dropped her lipstick? or the fucking cop who was just doing his job? i don't feel sorry for your impatient ass. :eek:

What's ignorant about this. Sure it sucks you got a ticket, but I feel that waiting would have been best. Talk to the solicitor, and try to work something out. Your ticket isn't that bad, so a deal could be made :)

phatsi
12-24-2003, 01:15 AM
i just went to court for going through a yellow which wasnt red until i was through the intersection...the cop was no where around and took 3/4 of a mile to pull me over...in court he lied under oath and said i entered on red and exited on green his way and that he was sitting right at the light...i was stunned that he could just lie like that plus, it was a 25mph zone and construction and he said i speed up and raced through it...but no ticket for speeding or double pionts for construction....so basically i am saying go to court see if they will give you the pre-court deal and whatever it is pay it and forget about it...trust me, i lost in court and couldnt believe it....i even told the judge it was on principal that he was lying....its only a $75 ticket, its not about the money....but they work and get paid by the same county so i had NO chance....i could have brought in a video tape of what actually happened and i still would have lost because they dont care they just want the money....piles of shit!!! those are the types that give good cops the bad rap!!!!:mad: :mad:

maybe he was just jealous of the bomb silver ep dropped on 17's i was rollin at the time....bitches

master7
12-24-2003, 07:21 AM
Originally posted by phatsi

maybe he was just jealous of the bomb silver ep dropped on 17's i was rollin at the time....bitches

Yeah - mine is silver and dropped too...(*_*) -

I think i will just go to court see if i can work something out. It not so much abount me having to cough up the 125-even though that money could be spent way better- i just dont want the points and the insurance increase etc...

THanks for all the negative and positive responsed from all- we still reppin' EP'S - weather or not you go about it in a asshole kind of way...(*_*) ...pEACE - HAPPY NEW YEAR

And you can make all ticket donation directly to master7...(*_*) PEACE

!@#$%
12-24-2003, 12:51 PM
thats ok. I got pulled over last night because the cop thought I was somebody else. There was a silver zx5 with green neon under lights running around. When the cop pulled me over he was sure that I had neons. He sure felt dumb when he looked underneath.

2003EPHatch
12-25-2003, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by !@#$%
thats ok. I got pulled over last night because the cop thought I was somebody else. There was a silver zx5 with green neon under lights running around. When the cop pulled me over he was sure that I had neons. He sure felt dumb when he looked underneath.

Lol, sad enough he mistaked the car for a zx5 IMO. Really isn't much resemblence. Was he trying to give a ticket for neons? Or was the zx5 speeding, etc?

chakra71
12-26-2003, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by phatsi
i just went to court for going through a yellow which wasnt red until i was through the intersection...the cop was no where around and took 3/4 of a mile to pull me over...in court he lied under oath and said i entered on red and exited on green his way and that he was sitting right at the light...i was stunned that he could just lie like that plus, it was a 25mph zone and construction and he said i speed up and raced through it...but no ticket for speeding or double pionts for construction....so basically i am saying go to court see if they will give you the pre-court deal and whatever it is pay it and forget about it...trust me, i lost in court and couldnt believe it....i even told the judge it was on principal that he was lying....its only a $75 ticket, its not about the money....but they work and get paid by the same county so i had NO chance....i could have brought in a video tape of what actually happened and i still would have lost because they dont care they just want the money....piles of shit!!! those are the types that give good cops the bad rap!!!!:mad: :mad:

one thing you got to remember is that when you go to court everyone in that room works for the city (or state) that is serving you the ticket. All of their payrolls come from the money they make on that ticket. For this reason I advise to ALWAYS get a lawyer to go to court for you. It will probably cost more than the ticket, but less than the ticket and insurance going up. AND don't forget that when you get pulled over that cop runs your record and if you have previous tickets on your record he will judge you based on it. I know, I had this happen to me last weekend.

I almost went to jail because this Trooper pulled me over and said I was speeding and thought I was running from him because I took a turn before i even knew he had turned around. He came back and said "Well I ran your record and there's no way I can let you go." Fucking jackass. Now I'm stuck with aticket for some dipshit thing I didn't even do, and a second ticket for driving on an expired liscence (oops) and I'll be out another $500 to pay my lawyer to make it go away.

Yeah I know he was just 'doing his job' and all that BS, but i honestly wasn't speeding or trying to run or anything like that. I was just a kid in another state trying to get home and I didn't realize my liscence had expired. Easy money to the trooper.

I wanted to tell him that if I had wanted to get away that I could have easily out ran his crown vic in the canyons we were in. EASILY. I didn't think that would be a good idea tho.

CywiththeblkSi
12-26-2003, 05:58 PM
Call the Traffic Court (or whatever the agency is listed as on the ticket). See if the court has a diversion program. A diversion program is where pay court costs etc, but the ticket does not actually go on your driving record unless get another ticket in a 6 months or a year (the exact waiting period varies from city to city). This way they get their money but your driving record and insurance doesn't get screwed up.

If you challenge in court and the cop shows, you'll lose.

PS Speeding is okay, we'll all know that under 100 MPH non-school zone speeding ticket in capable car are just a tax so that local governments can make money but pushing the envelope on the reds can get people killed so take it easy.

Feliz Navidad.

k20whiteboi269
12-26-2003, 07:16 PM
damn that sucks. i am always in a hurry to get back to work after lunch and id prolly do the same if i was in that situation... if i were you, id just take traffic school. its a 3 hour class and the ticket is dropped after you pay the required course fee. or maybe you can get lucky, sometimes insurance companies do not notice points right away. i had a ticket a long time ago and my insurance never increased.

Hey CywiththeblkSi, i see you are from south bend. im in that area once a month or so.. ive been down mc kinley before looking for some races. i wonder if i have seen your car before????

BluePearl03Si
12-27-2003, 12:55 PM
I would introduce fair laws for traffic enforcement.

Law #1- You can't pick and choose enforcement, all people spotted violating must be cited.

Law #2- Since most people spend enough time in their cars for it to be a house, I elect to make it into a dwelling. You will need a warrant to search it.

Law #3- Cops will no longer be able to use radios in pursuits, making high speed chases a more sporting event.

Damn, I shoulda ran for govenor of California.......oh wait, washington resident.....

CywiththeblkSi
12-29-2003, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by k20whiteboi269

Hey CywiththeblkSi, i see you are from south bend. im in that area once a month or so.. ive been down mc kinley before looking for some races. i wonder if i have seen your car before????

Don't hang around McKinley, can't speed for another 8 months, doing the diversion thing myself now.

jimmyjames
01-16-2004, 11:10 AM
i would have to stray from the flock and say i somewhat agree with nyxie. There is this magical thing inside our steering wheels that makes a loud noise when you push it. You should've laid on it 1 second after she should've moved and didn't.

My advice is fight all tickets, or at least go in to court. the price can't go up, only down by showing up (assuming you plead no contest). Also, as a rule, try to not get all impatient and drive badoverly aggressive because then it gives other ep drivers a bad image like we are all 2 fast 2 furious cocks weaving in and out of traffic. I fucking hate paul walker; where were all his legions of fans when he did meet the deedles?

Sorry you got caught. That's all I have :confused:

66elwood99
01-16-2004, 01:06 PM
My advice (Since you asked) You should request a hearing: First and foremost be properly dressed, Use "Yes Sir No Sir( Yes Mam No Mam)" , Call the Judge "Your Honor" Explain the whole situation to the judge. Explain that when you entered the intersection the light was "Yellow". Pa Law Title 75 states" that you can not enter into an intersection facing a steady red light" I'm pretty sure your states' statute will read the same. Point out that there was no one else in the intersection, there was no close call to any accidents and that you are NOT suggesting the the trooper is lying it is just that from his advantage point he did not see the whole situation transpire.
Tell the judge you have a clean record and would like to keep it that way and apologize for their time, and Be Honest.
Good Luck:angel:

Suomi
01-16-2004, 10:49 PM
Saying that you can't win when fighting a traffic ticket is just plain wrong. I won the last time I fought a ticket. So did every other person who was in court in the same timeslot. It's just harder to win when it's your word against a police officer's.

Tim