PDA

View Full Version : hi hi - n00b

LiLaSiiAn8
12-23-2003, 10:51 PM
Hi hi!

I'm thinking about getting a new SI! I don't really like the 04 but I want to get the HFP! Do I have to special order the car? I havent' seen anyone from the site or any SIs at the dealer with the HFP. I want a White SI with the HFP. What does the FHP come with? I was looking through the HondaCars.com site and it only shows pictures of the Sis with the package it doesn't really include a whole lot of information about the package itself. Anyway, I'm located in Southern California and the closest Honda dealership to me is Goudy Honda.

Also, being a girl my parents are extremely skeptical about buying me a stick, do you GUYS have any suggestions? Anyway, thank you for your time!

- Monica

SHAKEnBAKE
12-23-2003, 10:55 PM
Wassup, I bought my Si at Goudy Honda, quite a good service. My suggestion: bargain hard. Don't fall for those "I'll discuss with my manager about the price" crap. Give them your price and stick with it.

Don't forget to ask for some free oil changes coupons, I got like 10 of them:D

LiLaSiiAn8
12-23-2003, 11:24 PM
How come you drove all the way from Santa MOnica to buy your car in Alhambra?!

I got my 02 Coupe from them.. I only got 1 free oil change! :( 17 out the door for my coupe. Thanks for your reply!!

andy
12-23-2003, 11:40 PM
Driving a stick is easy/fun. If you're even semi-coordinated at
hand/eye/foot coordination (i.e. you can walk and chew gum), you
should be fine.
If you want a cheezmo excuse for the parents, tell them that it makes
you a more aware driver (it will do that, you have to pay more attention
to what you are doing) and that it allows more flexibility when
driving, so you can avoid accidents. Then make a pouty face. ;)

Jpax
12-23-2003, 11:45 PM
:rolleyes:

Civicvtec1ps
12-24-2003, 12:01 AM
Whats wrong with 7thgen? ;)
Rsx seats looks nice and all hehe.HFP ep is waste of money.

Suk02Si
12-24-2003, 12:08 AM
You live about 25 mins away from me. Before you buy the car you should hit up a canyon with us one night ;)

LiLaSiiAn8
12-24-2003, 01:55 AM
Originally posted by Civicvtec1ps
Whats wrong with 7thgen? ;)
Rsx seats looks nice and all hehe.HFP ep is waste of money.

:o

LiLaSiiAn8
12-24-2003, 01:57 AM
Originally posted by PaXiE
:rolleyes:

Whats the difference? They are all the same aren't they? At first I thought they 04" had a 2.3 Liter engine, I was like whoa!! But yeah, I guess its not true. I really hate the tail lights as well!

SexySIgiRL
12-24-2003, 04:38 AM
my parents were skeptical of getting me a stick since i'm a girl too - but i kinda used the whole "what if i go to college and go to a party and my driver is drunk and i can't drive his stick shift home?!" lol..so i told my mom that i REALLY needed to know how to drive manual because it's something that's essential in life. Honestly - you would benefit much more from knowing how to drive stick in the long run, because you never know when you're going to be put in the situation. *just don't make it sound like it's something fun to do - more as something essential to know*

goy091
12-24-2003, 05:25 AM
i just checked the link in ur sig, i think ive seen your car on campus. does it have a unique liscence plate?

anyhow, i got my car from West Covina Norm Reeves, a hella lot better than from Goudy in Alhambra, i could not stand the service of their salesmen.

the HFP is a buncha crap for $4k, you get the Bodykit, wheels/tires, badging and a "tuned" suspension. nothing too great. might want to try Diamond Bar honda if you want dealer installed mods, im pretty sure they cover them under warranty.

STP03BlueSI
12-24-2003, 05:27 AM
Welcome.

Jpax
12-24-2003, 07:46 AM
Im just poking fun at yea, I t dosen't matter what you get as long as its an o2-04 si. :cool:

Peking
12-24-2003, 07:59 AM
Originally posted by PaXiE
Im just poking fun at yea, I t dosen't matter what you get as long as its an o2-04 si. :cool:

Haha, true dat. Don't get the Honda FPP. Just get after market, be cheaper, and more choices. I learned how to drive a stick on my SI, just take your time. You can do it, tell them to have faith in you :)

chibianh
12-24-2003, 09:15 AM
You'll love your Si. I learned to drive a standard on my Si as well. After about a few days, I didn't embarrassingly stall anymore. Where I live and go to school, there are a lot of hills. After a month or so, it becomes second nature. However, after learning how to drive a stick, i don't think you'll want an auto in any of your cars again. :)

03SiBlack
12-24-2003, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by chibianh
You'll love your Si. I learned to drive a standard on my Si as well. After about a few days, I didn't embarrassingly stall anymore. Where I live and go to school, there are a lot of hills. After a month or so, it becomes second nature. However, after learning how to drive a stick, i don't think you'll want an auto in any of your cars again. :)
i agree my mom didnt want me to get a manual probably because she never took the time to learn it herself but my dad didnt have a problem with it. i learned how to drive a 5 speed on my si and i dont think i will ever want to own an automatic until im 80 years old

priest6479
12-24-2003, 10:03 AM
agreed, the SI is alot of fun to drive, got pretty good speed, handles great in the corners and has a lil balls to it. I have driven stick before but this is the first car I have ever owned that is stick ,I picked it up very easliy, it is a pretty easy trans to drive. All in all you will like it.

k20whiteboi269
12-24-2003, 10:06 AM
hey LiLaSiiAn8, welcome to the site:) tell your parents you want a stick so you can get better gas mileage or some bs. also the ep is an easy car to learn on, after a couple of afternoons driving the 5-speed you would be good to go.

i have a question about HFP also? i bought my 02si used from a dealership, it was owned by an older man like 60 years old.... anyways it came with AEM CAI, comptech exhaust and 17" motegi, and some ugly 3d alteezas:( when i asked for the original wheels and taillights the dealership said that the car was ordered that way and he didnt have the oem parts. was my car tuned(if u could call it that) by HFP? or did the salesman just lie to my face?

andy
12-24-2003, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by k20whiteboi269

i have a question about HFP also? i bought my 02si used from a dealership, it was owned by an older man like 60 years old.... anyways it came with AEM CAI, comptech exhaust and 17" motegi, and some ugly 3d alteezas:( when i asked for the original wheels and taillights the dealership said that the car was ordered that way and he didnt have the oem parts. was my car tuned(if u could call it that) by HFP? or did the salesman just lie to my face?

Salesman lied. It's *possible* that the guy ordered those parts, gave
them to the dealer and had them install it, or that the dealer actually
did that himself. But highly, highly doubtful.
More than likely, the guy installed it and when he traded it in, he
just didn't take the parts off. If you keep your eye on eBay, I've
seen some stock tailights go on there for under $100.

LiLaSiiAn8
12-24-2003, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by goy091
i just checked the link in ur sig, i think ive seen your car on campus. does it have a unique liscence plate?

anyhow, i got my car from West Covina Norm Reeves, a hella lot better than from Goudy in Alhambra, i could not stand the service of their salesmen.

the HFP is a buncha crap for $4k, you get the Bodykit, wheels/tires, badging and a "tuned" suspension. nothing too great. might want to try Diamond Bar honda if you want dealer installed mods, im pretty sure they cover them under warranty.

My plates say SLEEPIE, Goudy Honda is like 15 minutes from my house but I think you are right, their service isn't all that.

I don't know if my mom care's if the car is auto my manual because she'll learn to drive it no matter what. However, my dad on the other hand, he is a mechanical engineer.. he claims that because of the new technology the MPG is about the same for a stick and auto. Common.. thats just like common sense.. I'm just really afraid he is going to bust that, "If you can't handle a auto, how are you going to handle a stick?!" BS!

I haven't gotten the last word on my car yet but looks like I'll be getting about $10k from the insurance company? I got the car as a birthday present last year around the end of May, May 27th 2002 to be exact! So its been like a year and a half and I have about 23,000 miles on it. A little high.

So what mods are suggested first? Teins maybe? I want my baby slammed. Nothing catches more eyes than a chick in a slammed ride!

Anyway, thank you everyone for trying to help me out!

Peking
12-24-2003, 06:40 PM
How about H&R springs. Check out the suspension section for pics and more info :)

goy091
12-24-2003, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by LiLaSiiAn8
My plates say SLEEPIE, Goudy Honda is like 15 minutes from my house but I think you are right, their service isn't all that.

I don't know if my mom care's if the car is auto my manual because she'll learn to drive it no matter what. However, my dad on the other hand, he is a mechanical engineer.. he claims that because of the new technology the MPG is about the same for a stick and auto. Common.. thats just like common sense.. I'm just really afraid he is going to bust that, "If you can't handle a auto, how are you going to handle a stick?!" BS!

I haven't gotten the last word on my car yet but looks like I'll be getting about $10k from the insurance company? I got the car as a birthday present last year around the end of May, May 27th 2002 to be exact! So its been like a year and a half and I have about 23,000 miles on it. A little high.

So what mods are suggested first? Teins maybe? I want my baby slammed. Nothing catches more eyes than a chick in a slammed ride!

Anyway, thank you everyone for trying to help me out!

hah yea SLEEPIE, small world. well if you do get 10k for your car an 03 or maybe even an 02 would be in the low to mid teens, 16k or less id expect.

suspension, depends on what you can afford. Tein Full Coilovers go from 1k-2k or just Tein srpings, S-Techs are about $150. or Mugen suspension system, non-adjustable shocks w/springs, are about 1k as well.

LiLaSiiAn8
12-24-2003, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by Peking
How about H&R springs. Check out the suspension section for pics and more info :)

Springs + Stock shocks = Bad Ride?

On my Coupe:

Progress Springs + Stock shocks = Horrible Ride
H&R Springs + Stock shocks = Okay Ride, but not SLAMMED like I like it :(

But thanks! I'm going to check out the suspension section right now!

EDIT: H&R w/o cutting.. still too high! :eek:

LiLaSiiAn8
12-24-2003, 06:47 PM
Tein Basics?!

For the coupes the Basics are only like $750 and SS are like $1100.. I Was saving up for Teins before this accident so yeah.. What else? What else?!

golferjn
12-24-2003, 08:47 PM
welcome and hello. wow, so close to me. goudy honda is alright - got some coupons too. i agree, a girl driving stick in a dropped ride = nice :)

03SiBlack
12-24-2003, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by golferjn
welcome and hello. wow, so close to me. goudy honda is alright - got some coupons too. i agree, a girl driving stick in a dropped ride = nice :)
agreed

hatchySi
12-24-2003, 10:50 PM
hey girl its an Si dont even think twice about it besides its also a honda id buy it if i were you well i did buy one not only because i work for honda and got mine for 16 and 1.9 apr and nothing on my down payment i pay 377 a month and only 32 dollars goes towards my interest so i could say i got a pretty good deal i work for honda world of westminster so just go for it and buy it and about ur parents just tell them the truth and how you feel about driving a stick shift you dont gotta lie to kick it and the kit from honda it is a lot of money but its all good if thats what you want id get it i know i am but thats because i get it for way cheaper than any other customers well good luck on getting ur Si i know you wont regret it lates sexy

Whoisray
12-25-2003, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by hatchySi
hey girl its an Si dont even think twice about it besides its also a honda id buy it if i were you well i did buy one not only because i work for honda and got mine for 16 and 1.9 apr and nothing on my down payment i pay 377 a month and only 32 dollars goes towards my interest so i could say i got a pretty good deal i work for honda world of westminster so just go for it and buy it and about ur parents just tell them the truth and how you feel about driving a stick shift you dont gotta lie to kick it and the kit from honda it is a lot of money but its all good if thats what you want id get it i know i am but thats because i get it for way cheaper than any other customers well good luck on getting ur Si i know you wont regret it lates sexy
:eek:

Peking
12-25-2003, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by LiLaSiiAn8
Springs + Stock shocks = Bad Ride?
On my Coupe:
Progress Springs + Stock shocks = Horrible Ride
H&R Springs + Stock shocks = Okay Ride, but not SLAMMED like I like it :(
But thanks! I'm going to check out the suspension section right now!
EDIT: H&R w/o cutting.. still too high! :eek:

2" drop ain't low enough for you? My kinda girl :D