PDA

View Full Version : 04 si and 04 rsx

hiwind
12-24-2003, 02:02 AM
well tonight i went to honda and test drove the new si, i love the seats, there really comfortable and position you perfect for the odd shift knob location. pictures of the new tails and headlights really dont do them justice, after a couple minutes of staring at them i really like them now! the drive felt really smooth but didnt feel the *WOW* sensation when pulling towards upper rpm's, im sure with more miles on the car it will pull a little harder.

also tested the rsx type-s, when i sat in i just didn't get the same feeling as i did in the si. mabye im an idiot but i think the si's interior is much nicer and comfortable in the winter (i hate cold leather seats!) the acura is a nice car and the engine really screams harder then the si, wow what a difference getting on the freeway!

but after driving the two cars i've fallen in love with the 04 si, the 5 lug's would be perfect for CTR rims, nice side skirts, and i love the red stiching!!!! something about the seats/steering wheel and center console just grabs my attention and says who cares if the rsx is a little faster. i dont know about many of you EP owners but if i had an si i wouldn't trade it for an rsx.

snubnose
12-24-2003, 04:41 AM
The reason I prefer the Si to the Type S is I like the interior better, plus there are too many Type Ss around. If I could do it all over again, I might consider the Type S but it's definitely not worth it to lose all that money to trade in my Si for 40 more horsepower and the 10 more torque on the Type S.

STP03BlueSI
12-24-2003, 05:24 AM
Si is the best. Who cares about the RSX Type Slow.

31102si
12-24-2003, 05:59 AM
I prefer the hatchback over the coupe. Plus the ep looks much better modded than the rsx does .:D

Peking
12-24-2003, 08:02 AM
Originally posted by 31102si
I prefer the hatchback over the coupe. Plus the ep looks much better modded than the rsx does .:D

Agreed, and there are less of us out there. Chances are you will see many more RSX's.

styllinep3
12-24-2003, 08:25 AM
i like the ep cause, it not a chick car. man i swear like 80% of all rsx base or type s's i see. they always have a chick driving them. now the ep i think i saw mabye one girl drivingone and, i only see one every 2 weeks as apposed to like 10 rsx's a day. to me originality is important and that what i get with the si . i love when i come out a of a wawa or store somewhere and, theres like an old couple , or some young kids standing there in a majestic state like wow thats a cool little car. hell one time there was like a 75 year old dude out side checkin it out. he was clueless but, he like it :D . thats the sole reason i love my car. that and, its one of the best developed and realiable 4 cylnders on the market . IMO

just a thought

gabe

mhx
12-24-2003, 08:28 AM
15k SI ver 22k type s?

humm
which to choose

frentzenej11
12-24-2003, 08:31 AM
Hatchback rules!

ep3hatchattack
12-24-2003, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by STP03BlueSI

Si is the best, but i hate refering to the Rsx S as type slow just because it can walk on us you know, its kinda like a denial thing haha :rolleyes: merry christmas, dave

TrippZ
12-24-2003, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by STP03BlueSI

yes... so slow.. so so slow...

high 13's with minor mods... so slow...

lol

sniperSI
12-24-2003, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by TrippZ
yes... so slow.. so so slow...

high 13's with minor mods... so slow...

lol

What is considered a 'minor' mod in this case?

blackout
12-24-2003, 11:51 AM
I love my interior, I love my hatch, and I'd love to have an RSX-s but I wouldnt trade my ep for one. Ep's can be just as powerful, we just get hosed abit here in the states...

eurosteez
12-24-2003, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by sniperSI
What is considered a 'minor' mod in this case?
I\H\E gets them into the 13's if your a good driver.

hiwind
12-24-2003, 12:19 PM
seems like everyone really does love there hatches here. good to know, i see mabye 1 a month around here cuz they are so rare, and its true i see all woman driving the rsx, lol.

another thing that pissed me off about the rsx is that the red color only comes with tan interior *WTF*???? it'd look so bad ass with black, i mean come on acura is more luxury brand of car so why wouldnt they let people custom order TAN or Black interior! another reason the ep wins in my book, same interior for all colors.

styllinep3
12-24-2003, 12:28 PM
well i shouldnt say it a chick car. at least thats not what it was marketed after but, it is very common and there always some little hottie behind the wheel.:D IMO

gabe

hiwind
12-24-2003, 12:33 PM
i've searched and come up empty, i looked at jdmhondaparts.com but they don't have much of what im looking for. CTR Rims/Body kit?interior accessories

TheMutt
12-24-2003, 12:57 PM
You say that the RSX is a chick car... sad thing is, I think so far a lot of the Si's I've seen on the road are piloted by old people who look like they were in the market for a minivan.

CivicHB
12-24-2003, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by eurosteez
I\H\E gets them into the 13's if your a good driver.

don't forget to throw Hondata #4 in there as well;)

civic hatch boi
12-24-2003, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by CivicHB
don't forget to throw Hondata #4 in there as well;)

exactly.. ihe is hard to get them into 13's even with the best driver.. hondata is needed i say.

peterZ
12-24-2003, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by TheMutt
You say that the RSX is a chick car... sad thing is, I think so far a lot of the Si's I've seen on the road are piloted by old people who look like they were in the market for a minivan.

yeah, old people like me. this is my 3rd new Si since '86. and, I'd never own a minivan. you may just want to consider us loyal Honda`drivers, who consider the alternatives and stick with a winner.

ChWMeiNThG
12-25-2003, 03:16 PM
i like the ep an all but, for some reason i just feel like im a kid driving it. The type-s has got more of a refined look to it, thats why i like it. I prefer the ep interior to the rsx's because the seats, its unique, and its sporty, but the gauges are kinda plain. Type S gauges are mean as hell and sitting in the drivers seat makes u feel like ur in a cockpit or something cuz everything is angled toward you. Right now i wouldnt trade in for a type-s, but if i could do it again i would prolly buy a type-s instead, and get some ep seats!:D

BluePearl03Si
12-25-2003, 08:12 PM
Remember when turboed the RSX-S only gets a few more horses than the A3 with it's happyfun compression.

Besides, ever tried to fit anyone in back of an RSX? Clean it's dash? Or get into it on a cold morning?

Siman
12-25-2003, 11:53 PM
Me and my brother live with my parents. He has a 2002 Type-S and I have the Si.....I like the Si better now, when you tune them right they are AAAWWWWSSSOOOOMEEEE on backroads!;)

bao_pay
12-26-2003, 12:52 AM
not to flame anyone but someone gave a review of the type s and the ep like last week in this discussion forum and everyone verbally raped the guy! Now this thread is doing the same thing but the only difference is this guy is saying how the ep is better then the rsx and the other dood was saying how the ep wasn't anywhere close to the rsx. Main arguments in that thread were not same price category, everyone has one...

All I'm saying is be judgemental and don't be so quick to flame every dood out there that loves the rsx. I love my ep but i love the rsx too. Don't hate everyone and turn this place into clubrsx!

ChWMeiNThG
12-26-2003, 03:12 AM
Originally posted by bao_pay
not to flame anyone but someone gave a review of the type s and the ep like last week in this discussion forum and everyone verbally raped the guy! Now this thread is doing the same thing but the only difference is this guy is saying how the ep is better then the rsx and the other dood was saying how the ep wasn't anywhere close to the rsx. Main arguments in that thread were not same price category, everyone has one...

All I'm saying is be judgemental and don't be so quick to flame every dood out there that loves the rsx. I love my ep but i love the rsx too. Don't hate everyone and turn this place into clubrsx!

word