PDA

View Full Version : Decision Time

Lucid Moments
12-24-2003, 09:32 PM
All right gentlemen (and ladies) I need some help. I always get money for Christmas, but this year I got more than I expected. Enough, so that with some money I already had saved up I can get the JRSC.

Here is the thing. I got a house payment, car payment, credit cards, all that stuff. What I really should do is use this money to pay down my debt, but if I don't do this now when I have the money to pay cash for it I might not ever do it, and I would always regret that. What do you guys think?

TheMutt
12-25-2003, 11:01 AM
I say that you should always do the right thing. That isn't your car. Even though you might regret not getting the SC, you're a responsible adult now. If you already have bills to be paid off then get those out of the way instead of just creating more problems for yourself. Hell I think the only reason I might be able to go for a SC or turbo is because I'm only 16, I won't have any real debt until college :D

bgsteve523
12-25-2003, 09:40 PM
it all depends i would say go with the SC or a greddy kit and instead of saving from now on for this use that money you would be putting away on paying your bills. That's just me though. Thats why my wife handles the money. LOL
Steve O

DumbNewB
12-26-2003, 03:56 AM
Honestly dont dig yourself into any holes...just pay your bills first

Peking
12-26-2003, 07:47 AM
Originally posted by TheMutt
I say that you should always do the right thing. That isn't your car. Even though you might regret not getting the SC, you're a responsible adult now. If you already have bills to be paid off then get those out of the way instead of just creating more problems for yourself. Hell I think the only reason I might be able to go for a SC or turbo is because I'm only 16, I won't have any real debt until college :D
Easier said then done, though I do agree. Get the debt out the way Mike :) Even though nothing would make me happier then seeing you supercharged :D

YssSI
12-26-2003, 09:10 AM
Mike I feel for ya. Every time I get a little money saved up, I go through the same thing. My car side is yelling "YOU CAN DO IT"(of course I say it in that awful cajun accent). My responsible side mature side is telling you to pay your debt off.

Are you going to still have debt if you use this money to pay it down?? If so, I would lean toward Jackson. Because you are still gonna have bills after. Now if you can pay something off and it will free up monthly cash, then I would go that way cuz nothing beats more freed up cash on payday.

Like the money through our checking account, so are the days of our lives.

Scott

02SilverSiHB
12-26-2003, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by mlkelley68
All right gentlemen (and ladies) I need some help. I always get money for Christmas, but this year I got more than I expected. Enough, so that with some money I already had saved up I can get the JRSC.

Here is the thing. I got a house payment, car payment, credit cards, all that stuff. What I really should do is use this money to pay down my debt, but if I don't do this now when I have the money to pay cash for it I might not ever do it, and I would always regret that. What do you guys think?
sounds like me...I'm getting a chunk of change myself, but I have a ton of credit cards, a house payment, the car payment, I'm married and have kid on the way, so I'm paying the bills with that money. But on the end of next year, I'll get enough again to pay for the jrsc...so if you aren't married and don't have a kid on the way, do it, if so, don't.

Lucid Moments
12-26-2003, 10:30 AM
No wife, No kids, no prospect for either in the immediate future. :(
All the bills will still be there next month, :p even if I take everything I got and put it towards them. If I get this it is not like the bills won't get paid, it will just take longer to pay them off.

I'm still torn. I'll let you guys know what I decide.

bgsteve523
12-26-2003, 11:11 AM
just wondering why you guys are going for JRSC? Why not a turbo?

02SilverSiHB
12-26-2003, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by bgsteve523
some people rather get the jrsc because it's easier to install, less things you have to add on and not too mention it's easier to go back to stock if you want to.

Lucid Moments
12-26-2003, 11:46 AM

I love that nice fat powerband you get with the SC over the turbo. (or at least I think I will since I've never had either one):)

02SilverSiHB
12-26-2003, 12:00 PM
I love that nice fat powerband you get with the SC over the turbo. (or at least I think I will since I've never had either one):)
I know, it will be nice :D no lag.

At first I wasn't impressed with jrsc, on both the new si and type s. But then with the right tuning it can be better, here's a thread on one for the type s, really nice, of course our gains will be a little less, but you get the idea:
http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=123511
http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=123706
8600RPM Pull
245 WHP
202 lb/ft of tq

8100RPM Pull
236 WHP
223 lb/ft of tq
Mods:
Jacksonracing Supercharger, RC 440cc Injectors, Hondata tuned ECU, AEM CAI, Hondata IM Gasket w/TB coolant bypass, Jacksonracing Race Header and Casper's 02 sim, Greddy Exhaust, Nology Hotwires, Denso IK24spark Plugs, Exedy Organic Clutch, Exedy Flywheel, ES Motor Mounts, Revo Short Shifter, Spoon Radiator Cap, Spoon Thermostat, Custom Ground Wires, Autometer Boost/Vaccum and Air/Fuel gauges

Vids: this car is crazy :D
right click save target as (http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid92/pd2c8964d50925e0b327e70ca160d15f4/fa59ae5b.mpg)
right click save target as (http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid92/p9dfe44860e962267f031f27411cf69d7/fa5784dd.mpg)
right click save target as (http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid92/p137c900564039a06e087f88c5a550c8c/fa5784df.mpg)
right click save target as (http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid92/p65daf970bb90779be0a780455902ee4a/fa5784de.mpg)

bgsteve523
12-27-2003, 09:40 PM
I think what will help a lot of people decide will be when some one finally 1/4 with the JRSC. I really want a turbo because you can get good power and times out of them but the SC seems to be once you put it in thats it no upgrades.

oldschoolimport
12-27-2003, 10:39 PM
but the SC seems to be once you put it in thats it no upgrades. that is what is appealing to me. I have done the turbo thing in the past. always buying this, trying that, UH OH, buy new turbo. it is a never ending money eating monster. JRSC is just bolt on and enjoy. no turn it up a few pounds now and a few pounds later and KABOOM!!! you cant bump it up to go race, planning on backing off the boost later, and NEVER turn it back. I want something that wont be tempting me to risk damage every time I drive it. just simple pleasure.

as long as you have bill money EVERY month, make yourself happy. just realize that the stock clutch may not last too long;)

02SilverSiHB
12-27-2003, 10:43 PM
I think what will help a lot of people decide will be when some one finally 1/4 with the JRSC. I really want a turbo because you can get good power and times out of them but the SC seems to be once you put it in thats it no upgrades.
:rolleyes: like I said, the turbo will give you more horsepower than a jrsc and will hence be better for the 1/4, the jrsc isn't for that, if you are worried about eating it up at the 1/4 track, then go turbo.

Lucid Moments
12-29-2003, 05:32 PM
I decided not to go with the SC for now, just too much $$$ to justify with the debts I've got. Down the road though its going to happen.

Thanks for the advice all.

Peking
12-29-2003, 10:15 PM
I decided not to go with the SC for now, just too much $$$ to justify with the debts I've got. Down the road though its going to happen.
Thanks for the advice all.

When you going to do it Mike? Also you going to save the cash and lets install this at Scotts house? I smell another cookout :D