PDA

View Full Version : brake help please!!

javi2002whitesi
12-24-2003, 10:06 PM
wutsup guys?Well i need your help, my front brakes are shot to hell im at 17600 miles and im getting that stupid metal screeching sounds from my brakes telling me to change the pads. After some research i decided on some axxis pads and ill resurface my rotors at a local parts shop. the only thing i need is torque specs to re-torque my rotors and caliper.if anyone has a service manual handy hook me up please.
thanks
javier

glw
12-25-2003, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by javi2002whitesi
wutsup guys?Well i need your help, my front brakes are shot to hell im at 17600 miles and im getting that stupid metal screeching sounds from my brakes telling me to change the pads. After some research i decided on some axxis pads and ill resurface my rotors at a local parts shop. the only thing i need is torque specs to re-torque my rotors and caliper.if anyone has a service manual handy hook me up please.
thanks
javier merry christmas!!!

front caliper bottom bolt = 25 lbft

front spindle nut = 134 lbft
front disc retaining flat screws (2) = 7.2 lbft

javi2002whitesi
12-25-2003, 07:49 PM
well im gonna be doing the work tomorrow. do you have any tips or is it pretty str8 forward? Are those the only 2 bolts that need to be removed to pop the caliper off?if it is possible can someone give me a step by step diy. i just dont want to fuck anything up and i want to make sure to do the install right the first time.
thanks alot
javier
p.s if anyone could post some pics of the bolts on the caliper it would be even better.

Zero Three Si
12-25-2003, 09:52 PM
Your brake pads shouldn't have gone bad in that short amount of time. If you want to save some money, fight with the dealer to replace them under warrenty.

javi2002whitesi
12-25-2003, 11:45 PM
well the local dealer here in miami are dicks so i dont even want to waste my time with them. i bought the car in orlando so their gonna tell me i have to go to them which i cant cuz i live in miami now. i went to them to have them check out my notchy tranny and the service rep gave me some bullshit story how because my car is lowered it is going to cuz my tranny to fail because of added stress and that my whole warranty is void blah blah blah and that they drove the car and it shifted fine. so i dont want to go and waste my time and patience with the stupid honda service dept.i dunno wut do u guys think i should do?

Zero Three Si
12-26-2003, 09:06 AM
Originally posted by javi2002whitesi
well the local dealer here in miami are dicks so i dont even want to waste my time with them. i bought the car in orlando so their gonna tell me i have to go to them which i cant cuz i live in miami now. i went to them to have them check out my notchy tranny and the service rep gave me some bullshit story how because my car is lowered it is going to cuz my tranny to fail because of added stress and that my whole warranty is void blah blah blah and that they drove the car and it shifted fine. so i dont want to go and waste my time and patience with the stupid honda service dept.i dunno wut do u guys think i should do?

I understand your fustration man. Go ahead and buy an after market clutch. You'd be safer and happier with slotted rotors and better brake pads anyway.

If a dealer ever gives you static about your warrenty, tell them you know all about the Magneson VS. Moss lawsuit and you'd be happy to take them to court for not fixing your car under warrenty.

M VS. M, was a lawsuit that a guy filed because a dealer wouldn't do warrenty work on his car.