PDA

View Full Version : money!!

ryanjennings
12-25-2003, 12:36 AM
Well christmas is here and i have 600 dollars waiting for me to spend... I was just wondering, the other day i went to street creations to ask how much a injen cold air intake is he said around 350... i am thinking that is alot of money... cant you get them for like 125 new?

But anyways should i go with a intake or a exhaust first?

Do intakes change the noise of the car?

MrCivic03
12-25-2003, 12:40 AM
well ya the intake does but if u want both why not injen(210 at nopi online) and then get a magnaflow exhaust or just get the bad ass HKS exhaust and spend it all... just my .02

~andrew

ryanjennings
12-25-2003, 12:41 AM
i know nothing about cars, but if you dont mind me asking a noob question.. when i goto street creations do i just ask for the "HKS exhaust for the 03 honda si?"

Mezri
12-25-2003, 01:31 AM
I hope Im not the only one who feels this way, but if this street creations place wanted to charge you that much for an intake (nearly double what it can be found online for), why would you even bother going to them for an exhaust? Their prices are obviously skewed, and most of the people on this site can give you good places to find deals online. Do some searches, check the engine forum on this site, and do some research.

You might be a noob now, but a few days spent on this site will certainly change that :D

Oh and if you do go to that creations place, look around on the net (start with nopi and ebay) for prices. That way youll know just how bad their prices are. :p

civicSIracer
12-25-2003, 01:39 AM
ya man .. dont get fisted on parts cuz you dont know what you are buying.. anyhting over 230 on an intake is overpriced. fuck that shop man.. buy online and save;)

Civicvtec1ps
12-25-2003, 02:25 AM
$350 is way too much for injen cai. and no you cant buy brand new injen cai for $125. Just expect to pay around $200.
Injen cai is loud as hell.

TrippZ
12-25-2003, 09:21 AM
you can get a brand new exhaust online for less than the cost of that CAI...

talk to showstoppers

Peking
12-25-2003, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by ryanjennings
Well christmas is here and i have 600 dollars waiting for me to spend... I was just wondering, the other day i went to street creations to ask how much a injen cold air intake is he said around 350... i am thinking that is alot of money... cant you get them for like 125 new?
But anyways should i go with a intake or a exhaust first?
Do intakes change the noise of the car?

Cool you got some spending money. Call Chuck and Rocky at Showstoppers. They have great deals, when I compare them to places like optauto.com. They always beat it. For 600 dollars you should get them both.

http://www.optauto.com/store/images/AEM-CA3.GIF
AEM now offers their Cold Air Induction System for Honda's & Acura's. These systems utilize aluminum piping from the throttle body and drops their cone filter with velocity stack down in the fender/bumper of the vehicle. This separates the filter from the hot engine compartment. The result is your intake system drawing cold air away from the hot air present in the engine compartment. Horsepower gains can be seen by as much as 15 HP's! This is accomplished by gaining 1 HP for each 10

Peking
12-25-2003, 09:28 AM
Also Nopi will rape you (so will many other places), so always shop around :)

MrCivic03
12-25-2003, 09:59 AM
hey peking for the injen cai i found that nopi was the cheapest. unless ssusa has it cheaper plus i got 15% off the price cause it was purchased at Nopi Nationals. i think was like $187 new and got it right there. as for the Greddy if u want a nice exhaust and a stock look check out the MagnaFlow it has rave reviews from many on here including me... the HKS is around 550 from ShowStoppers and that is shipping from Cali included. Great exhaust, Sweet tone, awesome look... cant go wrong for. as for showstoppers they can provide u with any needs u have. hit up chuck or rocky they are the best...

Peking
12-25-2003, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by MrCivic03
hey peking for the injen cai i found that nopi was the cheapest. unless ssusa has it cheaper plus i got 15% off the price cause it was purchased at Nopi Nationals. i think was like $187 new and got it right there. as for the Greddy if u want a nice exhaust and a stock look check out the MagnaFlow it has rave reviews from many on here including me... the HKS is around 550 from ShowStoppers and that is shipping from Cali included. Great exhaust, Sweet tone, awesome look... cant go wrong for. as for showstoppers they can provide u with any needs u have. hit up chuck or rocky they are the best...

Yeah the vendor at Nopi has good deals, got my shoulder pads there. Not impressed with there online store. Also they are to cool for school at the Nopi store in Forrest Park. They think there are better than everone else, and make comments about people before they even come into the store. Your right, Magnaflow is a good choice. The price is really good too. So he can get both for under $600 :D

Vertigo
12-25-2003, 11:34 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Peking
[B] Horsepower gains can be seen by as much as 15 HP's! This is accomplished by gaining 1 HP for each 10

Peking
12-25-2003, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by Vertigo
Actually you gain 1% of HP for every 11 degrees reduced.
The Injen is around $200. I would do what MrCivic03 suggested. Injen and Magnaflow.

Well yeah, that was copied. AEM is cheaper, Injen is around $200. To meet his budget, AEM cold air is good, and he could get a different exhaust. Or save more money by getting the Magnaflow.

Vertigo
12-25-2003, 02:20 PM
Yea Peking, i know that you copied it from there site. So whoever typed it was wrong or explained it the wrong way. I thought about the Magnaflow myself but didn't like the double tips. Eventhough the power gains were about the same. I went with the Skunk2. But it is $200 more than the Magnaflow.

Zero Three Si
12-25-2003, 09:34 PM
INTAKE

I=INCREDIBLY LOUD
N=NOISY
T=THROW
A=AWAY
K=KEEP
E=oEm

If that 600 bucks is buring a whole in your pocket, go get hondata ECU.