PDA

View Full Version : rattling windows

jo3y
12-25-2003, 01:28 AM
I didnt know where to file this thought so i figured id just put it in the discussion part. Well anytime my windows are about an inch to 6 inches down they move back and forth and click a lot. It almost sounds like rocks hitting but its just my open windows rattling around. Its getting annoying and wonder if this was happening to anyone else or is it just me because im dropped driving on michigan roads? should i just bring it to the dealer and make them fix it?

Ty's Si
12-25-2003, 01:38 AM
I actually have the same problem. Whenever they are partially open they click at any speed higher than about 50 MPH. Most of the time they are up or down, but since it's been a bit cold lately here in FL, I have had them partially cracked. My problem is my warranty has expired so going to the dealer for a free fix is not an option for me.

Anyone else have this problem and had it fixed?

TrippZ
12-25-2003, 09:23 AM
why dont you try putting a thicker weather stripping on the window sill... the part that the window slides in, i cant think of hte name... to kinda hold the window in place?

styllinep3
12-25-2003, 09:41 AM
mines not the window but, the drivers side door make stress sounds like its flexing in the jam and, rubbing the jam. freakin annoying. but, my only complaint really. other then lack of power, 4 lug, 15 wheels , and no side skirts. its my only flaw with the ep

gabe

staticflo
12-25-2003, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by jo3y
I didnt know where to file this thought so i figured id just put it in the discussion part. Well anytime my windows are about an inch to 6 inches down they move back and forth and click a lot. It almost sounds like rocks hitting but its just my open windows rattling around. Its getting annoying and wonder if this was happening to anyone else or is it just me because im dropped driving on michigan roads? should i just bring it to the dealer and make them fix it?

I have the same problem and it drives me insane, i hope someone finds an easy fix or i guess ill just take my car to the dealer and have them take a look....

Ty's Si
12-25-2003, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by staticflo
I have the same problem and it drives me insane, i hope someone finds an easy fix or i guess ill just take my car to the dealer and have them take a look....

When you do that, post up what they did to fix it.

TravisEP3
12-29-2003, 09:20 PM
Mine started making this noise after I got my windows tinted. Hope its not related to the tint.

HTH - Travis

blueiedgod
12-30-2003, 06:24 AM
Mine were making noise similar to what you guys describe. Not long after that the window jumped the track, took it to honda, they replaced window regulators, tracks, and weather stripping on both sides.

STP03BlueSI
12-30-2003, 08:38 AM
Originally posted by TravisEP3
Mine started making this noise after I got my windows tinted. Hope its not related to the tint.

HTH - Travis

Mine did the same thing. I took it in and told them the windows were makin a noise goin up and down, they just re greased them no problem now;