PDA

View Full Version : Opinions anyone ?

J-SpEc Ep3
12-25-2003, 04:02 AM
hey guys, havent posted here in a while but i was curious to see what you guys would get as a replacment car for a ep3. what i had in mind was a ek hatch, 00-up celica gts, or another 03 ep3.
i knoe the ep gonna be the likely turn out but u guys got any other opinions or ideas... thanx

KimchiBoy_TypeR
12-25-2003, 06:03 AM
Man If I could do it again I would seriously get a 03 WRX. Then again its like 5 grand more:p

02civicSI
12-25-2003, 08:24 AM
my next car is gonna be a white ek9. i want to have a matching ep3 (white, c/f hood, black wheels) and a matching ek9 (white, c/f hood, black wheels).

TheMutt
12-25-2003, 08:44 AM
The thing about the wrx is you can't really make it a project car or anything because it's already so pimped out! It's got everything you need, turbo AWD intercooled... everythings done. I wouldn't want to get a really old hatch cuz I have to have power windows and locks and all that good stuff. I'm not a big fan of the celicas. And after owning the EP3 once I'm sure you're ready to move on. Get the RSX-S :P jk get the wrx!

Peking
12-25-2003, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by TheMutt
The thing about the wrx is you can't really make it a project car or anything because it's already so pimped out! It's got everything you need, turbo AWD intercooled... everythings done. I wouldn't want to get a really old hatch cuz I have to have power windows and locks and all that good stuff. I'm not a big fan of the celicas. And after owning the EP3 once I'm sure you're ready to move on. Get the RSX-S :P jk get the wrx!

Yes it is pimped out, but you can upgrade the turbo, and work on the exterior. Upgrade the intake, headers, and exhaust. Going with an old hatch would be great if you want speed. Go for the Acura TSX :D

02civicSI
12-25-2003, 10:03 AM
i am just going to have two heavily modded hatches in my garage. two works of art sitting next to each other. :D

Loudpedal
12-25-2003, 03:51 PM
If I were to get a replacement for the EP, it would likely be a WRX. If I were to get a cheap replacment, it would be the new Mazda 3.

Vertigo
12-25-2003, 03:56 PM
Get an old EG or EK hatch and spend about 10K on the engine. Then go out and kick some ass.

klik
12-25-2003, 04:08 PM
get a AE86 or silvias and go driftin.
here is my situation im lookin for a bucket for work cuz i drive too far and i dont want to put a shit load of miles on my EP. 1 of my friend is givin away a old school 74 corrola with a 22R engine for free, and my coworker is selling a 800 bucks BMW 86 150G miles.
now i am confuse.

RedLight_Si
12-25-2003, 04:14 PM
Toyota.

03SiBlack
12-25-2003, 04:27 PM
the first car that i looked at that i always wanted and fell in love with was the gti 20th aniversary edition but payments was way way too high for me to afford with insurance and everything (im still in high school working part time) that would be a car you should get either that or lancer evo 8 or sti my 3 dream cars

abs0lutz3r0c007
12-25-2003, 06:03 PM
Hey guys. First post. I've been hanging out on the site since around August. I was gonna get an EP but family financial problems postponed it for me. But anyways. My friend has been pushing me to get a WRX like his. I'm really torn between these two choices. I love the EP. The interior is the best. No one can beat Honda reliability and I think the EP looks better than the WRX. However, AWD and 227hp really pulls. Riding in his car... WOOO! It's just so fast. That and the fact that it'd be a lot of fun to go offroading in that. But those are my choices. Too bad the WRX is way expensive and I'll have to work way harder to get that one.

03SiBlack
12-25-2003, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by abs0lutz3r0c007
Hey guys. First post. I've been hanging out on the site since around August. I was gonna get an EP but family financial problems postponed it for me. But anyways. My friend has been pushing me to get a WRX like his. I'm really torn between these two choices. I love the EP. The interior is the best. No one can beat Honda reliability and I think the EP looks better than the WRX. However, AWD and 227hp really pulls. Riding in his car... WOOO! It's just so fast. That and the fact that it'd be a lot of fun to go offroading in that. But those are my choices. Too bad the WRX is way expensive and I'll have to work way harder to get that one.
If you got the money to spend go out and get the wrx the advantages are of that that its stock with turbo and its fast otherwise the si is a nice car

blackout
12-25-2003, 09:26 PM
I highly suggest another EP but maybe a 02 coupe w/a K20 transplant would be a fun car, or the 20th anni. GTi is cool and turbo. but I'd stick with an Ep...

AlBlueCar
12-25-2003, 09:30 PM
something you'd never expect to hear from me- don't get a wrx unless you LOVE understeer:yellm: sorry i havn't posted in a awhile, busy w/ school, hockey, job. gooo.

Oh yea, i may make a triumphant return to the ephatch scene if eerything works out. (cross fingers for me)

DarkHatch
12-25-2003, 10:33 PM
I think my next car would be either the 04 WRX STi, or an 03 Cobra

tsa1
12-26-2003, 12:50 AM
Get an AE86 GTS hatch, by the looks of things...those things are gonna be like 6K in a year or two plus they look like a fun car. but u should stick with the EP, who cares if it isnt that fast, i still miss mines:'(

02SilverSiHB
12-26-2003, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by KimchiBoy_TypeR
Man If I could do it again I would seriously get a 03 WRX. Then again its like 5 grand more:p
I sat in one of those wrx's at an autocross...I wasn't impressed, it didn't feel that fast, handling was a bit better, but nothing to get all excited about, and the engine sounds like ass :p not that would be something to look for when buying a car, but just my thoughts

02SilverSiHB
12-26-2003, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by KimchiBoy_TypeR
I sat in one of those wrx's at an autocross...I wasn't impressed, it didn't feel that fast, handling was a bit better, but nothing to get all excited about, and the engine sounds like ass :p not that would be something to look for when buying a car, but just my thoughts

abs0lutz3r0c007
12-28-2003, 11:29 PM
How about a used s2000? I know the power and the handling are there. Since you guys have been talking about drifting, the s2000 is a pretty good drift car too. Amuse just built one that was featured in Honda Tuning not too far back, and it beat the AE86. But would it be practical for daily driving?

02SilverSiHB
12-28-2003, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by abs0lutz3r0c007
How about a used s2000? But would it be practical for daily driving?
to me, no, no way, I can't stand two seaters only that I'm cramped in. fun to drive, but not for a daily driver.

MrCivic03
12-28-2003, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by AlBlueCar
something you'd never expect to hear from me- don't get a wrx unless you LOVE understeer:yellm: sorry i havn't posted in a awhile, busy w/ school, hockey, job. gooo.

Oh yea, i may make a triumphant return to the ephatch scene if eerything works out. (cross fingers for me)

alblue are u sayin ur a dissatisfied with the wrx? is the ep better just not as powerful? i was about to get a wrx and just loved the ep look more and it is so rare woo... my friend is prob decidin btwn a wrx or a rsx-s or even a eclipse.

DarkHatch
12-29-2003, 10:57 AM
Eclipse=poop

blueiedgod
12-29-2003, 11:15 AM
I would not get WRX, yes, the HP and 4WD is nice. But after one test drive, I went away disappointed in the quality of workmanship, and the engineering. There was wind howling from the windshield at 80 mph, the shifter shook as if it had parkinsons and the steering wheel transmitted more engine vibrations than road feel. If they had smoothed out the engine I would have overlooked other deficiencies. Oh, yeah, at the time I looked at it, January 2003, they wanted $19,500 for 2002 WRX and $14,500 for the 2002 Si. I looked at Matrix, and Mini, but "bang for the buck" was the Si.

Now, if I had to buy a new car again, I would look at Acura TSX or Lexus IS300, BMW 325, or A4. I get way to much attention from individuals at least 10 years younger than I (I am 28). All of those cars are in the $ mid-20 to $ low-30 category. Lancer is in that crowd too, but I have had friends who had Galants, Eclipsi, Monteros and such with tons of problems.

For now EP is the most versatile and affordable car for me, but you may have different priorities than I.
Good luck with whatever you choose.

CaTiRo
12-29-2003, 12:43 PM
srt-4 or wrx

wish i had a factory turbo car. :(

even a 2nd gen eclipse gst or gsx would be nice.

pedzola
12-29-2003, 01:32 PM
I have a friend w/a WRX. I don't think its all that great. Yes its fast, and you can make it a lot faster w/some simple mods, but the interior is fugly compared to our EP's. Also, it just doesn't have the same quality/reliability all around. If you want to race or drive in the snow a lot - get a WRX.

When I was car shopping I was determined to get a hatchback because I love small cars, but i need space for music equipment. Some of my stuff doesn't even fit into the door of a regular sedan, so the hatch was a necessity for me.

If I were to do it again I would probably get the EP again. If I had a lot more $$ for both car and monthly insurance payments, I would probably get the EP again anyway!! Plus an S2000 or NSX for summer fun. ;)

NSX = dream car. :cool: