PDA

View Full Version : new clutch

B4U
12-25-2003, 08:37 PM
Well after many hours of bull shit with honda canada, I've givin the dealership permision to put a new honda clutch in, I had posted I was going to put a exedy clutch in...but after talking to honda rep
"IF U PUT A AFTER MARKET CLUTCH IN AND ANY THING HAPPENS TO THE TRANIE U WONT BE WARRENTED"
I can understand that but our trannies seem to be having gremlins...
dispite what the honda rep sead
"the cars dont have trannie problems"
I was like...
"dude they do."
"No they don't"
"Have you ever been to EPHATCH.COM???"
"No."
"Well go to the site serch for "tranie"and then tell me they don't have problems."
than we got into a dissagement about the rubber clutch line...
I love my ride, but honda are becoming dicks
I think the problem is there so popular now that "We" have become numbers and stats not people.
so I'm forced to put a factory clutch in it will cost $1200 cdn
the exedy $659cdn so I'll have warrenty on the trannie
WTF
well thanks for listining to my bitching

myeverlovinsir
12-25-2003, 08:52 PM
I'm confused. You mentioned warranty. Then you say it's gonna cost you 1200 bucks. I am assuming they don't cover the clutch for some reason or another. I would tell them to have a nice day, throw in a nice aftermarket clutch and be on your way. Besides, they would never know the difference and you would have saved yourself half their cost and got a better clutch in the end. When you start wrangling with them about warranty and they won't even cover the clutch, then I would go out and get the best part for the money. 1200 bucks can buy a nice aftermarket clutch assy! Honda can see you comming a mile away! Too many people get taken by the "what if" and warranty implications. Most honda dealers are keen to aftermarket and can use that against you. The Tranny will not be subject to any ill effect just because it's an aftermarket clutch. Just my .02 cents

rs_1101
12-25-2003, 11:10 PM
yea. idk its too late now, but id have the service manager explain EXACTLY how an aftermarket clutch can ruin your transmission, cuz thats what they gotta prove to getcha on the tranny warranty.

Vertigo
12-26-2003, 12:03 AM
Sorry about your trany and clutch, but you could've posted that in your other thread about a clutch Here. (http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=26648)
Just tring to keep the site nice and tidey.:)

glw
12-26-2003, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by B4U
...so I'm forced to put a factory clutch in it will cost $1200 cdn
the exedy $659cdn so I'll have warrenty on the trannie...
roll the dice... pay the $659 and bank the $541 to use if you need the transmission work then spend it on other stuff after warranty is up.

02SilverSiHB
12-26-2003, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by glw
roll the dice... pay the $659 and bank the $541 to use if you need the transmission work then spend it on other stuff after warranty is up.
ditto, hey B4U, what are your exact problems with the tranny? are you having problems getting in gear at higher rpms? mainly 3rd to 4th and 4th to 5th? I can't remember if you told me in you pm

DarkHatch
12-28-2003, 12:20 AM
I have had issues with my tranny from 1st to 2nd. It wants to grind. Have you guys had that problem?

KeNnYtAkEr
12-28-2003, 11:45 AM
You should goto another Dealership buddy each one is different. Yes Honda Canada says if you replace any parts with aftermarket that'll void the warranty. With that said if you do replace anything with the aftermarket part, and if something does brake down just replace it back with the stock before u bring it to the dealership. "and just say I dunno i just broke" play dumb and they'll fix it. Better to get the Exedy anyways man. Don't forget ur Honda Rep is just looking after there own pockets too. He'd rather scam u to buy a honda parts then send him somewhere else right. it's just business to them and ur just another wallet waiting to be picked. But seriously shop around dealerships some are dicks and some will help. :D

Good Luck