PDA

View Full Version : Attn All Ephatchers Need Major Help!!!!!

odyessy SI
12-26-2003, 02:09 AM
alright here is my predicament. I come back home for break very anxious and excited to be able to drive my car again and be home for a month. I go to the garage and smell nothing but gasoline...my dad spilled fucking STP on my drivers side carpet. its been about a week now and he's vacumed and shampooed it a few times, left the doors open with a fan blowing to help air it out, and i've taken it to honda to have them use whatever special products they could use to get out the smell. Now the smell is still there so my question is what do i do? are there any products i could buy to try to use? anyone in the chicagoland area know a place that i can take my car to or maybe we could meet up and you could help me out? last resort for me is to get the carpeting redone inside the car...which leaves me the question of how much would it cost to redo just the carpeting inside? please all help and advice is GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!!!!!

Mezri
12-26-2003, 02:17 AM
Search local yellow pages for upholstery shops in your area. They can inspect it for you and let you know if it can be fixed, or if replacement is your only option, and give you prices. Good luck.

Stupendous Man
12-26-2003, 04:15 AM
Febreeze, it get's the odor out:tongue:

VividDreams
12-26-2003, 05:38 AM
im sorry to say it but i think that your either gonna have to deal with the buzz/nauciousness/etc. untill it airs itself out, or replace it:(

Type X
12-26-2003, 06:00 AM
well if u want i am gonna be pulling out my oem carpets soon :)

let me know if u want to make an offer:D

but if u wanna just clean them
rent a shampoo'er
and than buy 5 jdm air spencers;)

Zero Three Si
12-26-2003, 08:48 AM
What's up my neighbor...

Here's what ya do....I'm not sure what type of neighborhood you live in. But it's cold enough in Chicago right now, that I would park your car outside and leave the windows open.

Whenever I go to the bar and spill beer or anything on my clothes I just leave them outside for a day or two. The cold for some reason makes the STENCH go away.

enecks
12-26-2003, 11:39 AM
Sounds like a good excuse to reupholster with red carpet to me. I'm not entirely sure how much it costs, though. I've searched around quite a bit, and none of the online upholstery sites seem to sell a kit for the EP3; however, I searched on ephatch, I seem to recall that one guy paid something around $200 to have his carpet redone in red. That seems pretty reasonable to me.

TrippZ
12-26-2003, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by enecks
Sounds like a good excuse to reupholster with red carpet to me. I'm not entirely sure how much it costs, though. I've searched around quite a bit, and none of the online upholstery sites seem to sell a kit for the EP3; however, I searched on ephatch, I seem to recall that one guy paid something around $200 to have his carpet redone in red. That seems pretty reasonable to me.

yeah, i was gonna say you should either get JDM CTR carpents (like mike is doing) or get it all redone in another color. perfect opportunity. you can even get your dad to pay :D lol

bao_pay
12-26-2003, 02:32 PM
light a match... :angel:

siver-SI
12-26-2003, 02:52 PM
Find a place that will detail your car out and they should have a steam cleaner and that should do it. Might cost you some $ but I would said make your dad pay for it.

03SiBlack
12-26-2003, 08:25 PM
if i were you i would rent one of those vacume things that spray the cleaning solution on the carpet and vacume it up. Get that thing and use the attachment to vacume up your rugs. They rent these out at some stores.

SIxtasy
12-27-2003, 12:35 PM
Sqaush

shimmy_yaz
12-27-2003, 03:37 PM
first of smack the shit out of your dad for doing it in the first place, then take it someplace and have it cleaned at dads expense of course

Got Si?
12-27-2003, 07:36 PM
hahahahahaha, i'll second that:D

Siman
12-29-2003, 09:41 AM
Gasoline turns to vapor.....in essence: your gonna have to wait it out.

.........And by the way.....I hope you dont smoke!:eek:

http://www.geocities.com/HotSprings/Falls/1984/Dbluestone2.jpg

Siman
12-29-2003, 09:42 AM
http://www.geocities.com/HotSprings/Falls/1984/Dbluestone2.jpg

Siman
12-29-2003, 09:43 AM
thats it....screw the pictures.....just wanted to add some light to the subject.......CLICK HERE!!!! (http://www.geocities.com/HotSprings/Falls/1984/Dbluestone2.jpg)

Chrisbgft
12-29-2003, 10:19 AM
Hey Bro, here is a good solution. I have friend who owns a detail Shop in Lake Villa IL. Its in the northern Suburbs. I worked there for about a year and they are probably THE BEST detail shop in IL. Its called Bays Detail Inc. They have so much exprience its unbelievable. They have done work on Bentleys, Rolls Royce, many classic cars, and others. My friend Joe who is the son of the owner has won awards at shows around Chicagoland including many Import shows with his 00 TA Ram Air WS6. All the judges told us they couldnt believe how CLEAN his car was. Its black but the buff and wax jobs that are done are amazing. I know all u need is a carpet cleaning but if ANYONE can do it..it will be them. Give them a call at 847-245-4338. Tell them Chris w/ the Silver Civic SI sent ya. I am pretty good friends with joe so they will know exactly who i am. Hope it helps...Chris.