PDA

View Full Version : For all you guys who have boosted EP3's

bgsteve523
12-26-2003, 11:13 AM
I have a question where do you find the gauge's needed and gauge pod needed for boosting? Ohh and what are the recommended gauge's to have besides a boost gauge??
Thanks,
Steve O

chet
12-26-2003, 11:18 AM
I ordered everything I needed from ShowstoppersUSA. It was the first time I'd purchased a turbo kit and asked Chuck what I needed. Boost guage for sure, turbo timer (Greddy), and Boost Controller (Greddy). There isn't much tuning be done with the RevHard kit until I upgrade pistons, rings, valve springs, etc, so the air/fuel gauge wasn't necessary.

There isn't a single guage pod available to fit the EP yet. I purchased a c/fiber pod through the shop that did the install. Check my sig for links to pics if you like.

Check out USsi's ride and E.Smith's ride. Also Rocky from Showstoppers.

fsugatorbait
12-26-2003, 11:28 AM
I had similar questions too. There is a triple gauge pod on ebay that I picked up, now selling for about $50 or so, click me. (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2450238693&category=46100) I did some research and found that most people with boost have just a boost and A/F gauge, im gonna use the extra gauge hole for oil pressure.

bgsteve523
12-26-2003, 12:58 PM
wow nice si bro you did a crazy job with that. How much did install cost?

That triple gauge pod that you are selling on ebay is for the ep right? If so I am the one who is bidding on it right now what do you want for it $ wise. Let me know
Thanks,
Steve O

k20hatch
12-28-2003, 09:41 PM
Autometer has one now!! If you get one...buy me one to and send it my way!! ;)

K-Series
12-29-2003, 09:26 AM
I just got the autometer double and will have it painted and installed this week.

I'm running boost and Air/Fuel gauges. I'll most likely be replacing air/fuel with EGT though. I hear it's more precise.

Steve

Most-Wanted
12-30-2003, 02:43 PM
It's hard to tell at night, but this is where my guages are. Boost guage where the hazards use to be. Greddy e-01 on right side of column. Turbo timer lower left and Tach on pillar(not hooked up to the coil packs yet,waiting for the adapter). What guages you use is kind of a mix between personal preference, what you have done, and to what extreme you run the car. However, it is commonly recommended to have a boost guage and some sort of a/f guage for reference. Most people prefer EGT guages as a more accurate indication if the the car is running lean or not. More simply put, depends on application and needs.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid95/pe50e1ea91a272a9be68ed309f4072e61/fa22a0f5.jpg