PDA

View Full Version : AEM Service? Don't bother.

BluePearl03Si
12-26-2003, 03:56 PM
<Rant> I had my factory airbox off, car jacked up, fender off, and was ready to put my AEM CAI on.

But I just can't do it, the quality of the intake is just too shitty and I want AEM to replace it. A dented lip, lots of creases in the pipe, a logo that is peeling off, and bent filter ribs.

Obviously AEM messed up on it because the box was fine, Neither Showstoppers or Fedex abused it, so obviously AEM just let a shit part through. I'd be willing to accept that with a 50 dollar E-Bay intake, but not with a 185 dollar AEM one.

Getting through to them is impossible, and it's not because they are busy, or even not in. It is not christmas, and it is a weekday, but I can't talk to anyone.

Of all the AEM intakes that go out, somehow I get the shitty one....</Rant>

STP03BlueSI
12-26-2003, 04:02 PM
service from AEM...your funny. They suck! I tried ordering a rubber hose to take the Bypass valves spot when we go to the track for my girls car..HA they didnt even know the part #.:mad:

nyxie
12-26-2003, 04:11 PM
can you post a pic of the intake? maybe you were just trying to install it backwards. MAYBE.

and STP03si, you could have just gone to home depot for some rubber hose. i wouldn't go to AEM for something like that.

BluePearl03Si
12-26-2003, 05:48 PM
I will post a pic.

And no it wasn't a matter of not knowing how to put it on, it was a matter of not wanting to put a shitty, beatup intake in.