PDA

View Full Version : do cops like are EPs?

siver-SI
12-26-2003, 07:10 PM
I am just wondering do cops like are EP's? At least every week I will have a cop come flying up on my rear bumper and run my plates. Today I was doing like 5 over and all of a sudden I see a cop come flying up on my rear bumper so close that I could not even see his front bumper out my rear window. He just ran my plates and then after he got the info back on then he turned off on a side street. I have been lucky with a clean record for around 5 years so I guess when they run my plates they see this and just let me go.

In all the cars that I have owned this is the first car that I have ever owned that this happens to me so regularly.

denmah
12-26-2003, 07:15 PM
welcome to owning a flashy new honda....

this also happened with my 03 civic EX

k20whiteboi269
12-26-2003, 07:23 PM
i dont think my ep attracts much attention from cops. its kind of nice to blend into traffic and keep low key. this may be due to my cars stock exterior, and there is plenty of ricers around town for them to pick on.

03SiBlack
12-26-2003, 08:27 PM
i have a lot of unwanted attention. I have my system loud mostly all the time. The bass is really loud and my windows are tinted very dark. i got pulled over for my tints once and almost got a ticket.

Zero Three Si
12-26-2003, 08:32 PM
This is the first car I've had that hasn't drawn attention from the cops. I'm shocked I haven't gotten pulled over yet. (knock on wood)

NamingException
12-26-2003, 09:09 PM
While writing me a speeding ticket a state trooper referred to my "nice car", but he was being condescending.

BluePearl03Si
12-26-2003, 09:48 PM
I don't attract ANY Attention.

I have a vivid blue Si that is polished and shiny as hell, standing out in the dull grey of washington's enviornment, I have an EP, I speed, and I have California Plates still. And I drive around with bright white silverstars on in the rain, which don't blend in with the yellow headlights of most cars.

I don't get it, I've never even had a cop look at my car, run the plates, hell they don't even glance at it usually, but ricers sure as hell notice it :mad:. , as well as people in well built Supras and S2K's.

They must think I am driving the kids to school in my Minivan :'(

eurosteez
12-26-2003, 10:08 PM
I dont have any problems with popo's besides the first three days I owned my ep. I got 3 traffic violations in 3 days. Its funny cuz I still drive as fast too.

when I lower and tint it will be a different story tho.:o

Chrisbgft
12-26-2003, 11:50 PM
Well, do they like our EP's? In IL when i get pulled over its usually the "Is that the new electric car??"..lol. I have been pulled over more times than i can count and most of the time i can get away w/out a ticket. I remember the one bad night of being arrested and while laying(my feet dont fit in the back of a cop car..lol) in the back of a cop car...he asks "How do u like that shifter?!? Its crazy lookin!?!?!?.." i said it was different..but in my head i was thinkin...u dumb ass...why are u trying to make conversation when u just arrested me..lol.

enecks
12-27-2003, 12:19 AM
When my window got busted out, the attending officer seemed absolutely infatuated with my car. He complimented it many times, and even went so far as to exlaime, "That's a Civic?! No way!" He was also quite fascinated with the shifter placement, and he marveled at the Alcantara upholstery. So, in my experience, at least one police officer genuinely likes the EP3. As far as garnering excessive attention, I really haven't noticed any. And I drive around with out-of-state tags (car is registered in TX). In some places (mainly the places I visit in Tennessee), that seems to be a problem (xenophobia is rampant there...), but in Durham, everybody's from out of town. Well, everybody at and around Duke is from out of town, I guess I should say.

LordKoo
12-27-2003, 11:00 AM
Sir, it is mini-mini-van! It does not fly....

Zero Three Si
12-27-2003, 12:37 PM
I gave my buddy and his girlfriend a ride home from the bar last night. The respnse I get from his girl "zero three, what kind of car is this". I told her it's just a civic. She respondes, "no fucking way....this is more like a ferrari...it's way to futuristic to be a civic".

There ya go folks....straight out of the mouth of a drunk girl. hehehehe

blackyEP3
12-27-2003, 02:37 PM
In my first week while I lived in the ghettos, I got followed by a cop twice!!!! I guess they were suprised I was following the speed limit. I know where all the cops hide in that hood :D

The second time, the cop was a dick and followed me all the way home to tell me I was taking a corner too hard the residential street. He was telling me that there could be kids running around at 4 am in the morning. I was bearly passing the speed limit, I just didn't slow down to turn (there is no speed limit for turning) ;)

After everything said and done, no tickets...............he told me to slow down. He says he knows my car is new and all and that is why I should take care of it. :D

eurosteez
12-27-2003, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by Zero Three Si
I gave my buddy and his girlfriend a ride home from the bar last night. The respnse I get from his girl "zero three, what kind of car is this". I told her it's just a civic. She respondes, "no fucking way....this is more like a ferrari...it's way to futuristic to be a civic".

There ya go folks....straight out of the mouth of a drunk girl. hehehehe

she called you zer0-three hehe.
sounds like a wise drunk girl:banana:

oldschoolimport
12-28-2003, 12:06 AM
Originally posted by siver-SI
I am just wondering do cops like are EP's? At least every week I will have a cop come flying up on my rear bumper and run my plates. Today I was doing like 5 over and all of a sudden I see a cop come flying up on my rear bumper so close that I could not even see his front bumper out my rear window. He just ran my plates and then after he got the info back on then he turned off on a side street. I have been lucky with a clean record for around 5 years so I guess when they run my plates they see this and just let me go.

In all the cars that I have owned this is the first car that I have ever owned that this happens to me so regularly. if you could not see his front bumper, he was tailgating. in that case, I would have "seen a dog", slammed on the brakes, HARD, and taught his ass a lesson. he could get his co-worker to fill out an accident report on why he rear ended an innocent driver. tailgating is wrong for ANY reason!!!! :mad:

2.0L Monster
12-28-2003, 08:19 AM
Everyone says the like my focus. :mad:

2003EPHatch
12-28-2003, 08:39 AM
I have yet to attract any attention from the cops.

I was also sitting at an intersection on my way home from school one day and was asked by an older couple if my car was an electric hybrid.

PeteSan3
12-28-2003, 08:53 AM
I seem to attract attention from cops too. The other evening I was leaving work, and I come up to a stop sign. As I'm going through the intersection, a cop is going the opposite direction. He then pulls a U-turn in the middle of the intersection and follows me (aka tailgating fucking pig) for a few minutes. I thought for sure he was gonna pull me over. Then a couple nights after that, I'm leaving Taco bell and going home and I pull up to a stop sign again. As I'm going through the intersection the cop again is going the opposite direction and staring at me the whole time. He then turns left down a street, and about a minute later he's on my ass. He pulled me over, and I asked him what was wrong. He said that he just wanted to check to see it my paperwork was ok. I was like "what the fuck you pig go back to krispy kreme and fill up". Actually I said nothing, but thats what I wanted to say. Anyway, when he came back to my car, he was looking at my body kit and exhaust. Oh yeah, I forgot to mention, I have a body kit and exhaust, and its lowered and tinted. But that doesn't give them the right to pull me over for no reason. Sorry about rambling....

VividDreams
12-28-2003, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by oldschoolimport
if you could not see his front bumper, he was tailgating. in that case, I would have "seen a dog", slammed on the brakes, HARD, and taught his ass a lesson. he could get his co-worker to fill out an accident report on why he rear ended an innocent driver. tailgating is wrong for ANY reason!!!! :mad:

not a wise decision, they'd find a way to write you up anyway. id just turn on my hazzard lights, try to flag him down, slowly pull off the side of the road, and ask him why he was tailgating me.

siver-SI
12-28-2003, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by oldschoolimport
if you could not see his front bumper, he was tailgating. in that case, I would have "seen a dog", slammed on the brakes, HARD, and taught his ass a lesson. he could get his co-worker to fill out an accident report on why he rear ended an innocent driver. tailgating is wrong for ANY reason!!!! :mad:

I did think of this because when he got that close was when he was looking at his laptop getting the results back on my plates but I decited not to. Just for the reason my father is on some boards in are town and they work with the town that I was in since they are right next to us and I just did not want to get people pissed at him for me doing something dumb ass.

Also in my town I am good with the cops since the one woman that is a hard ass in are town I know because I went to high school with her and she is cool with me. She has pulled over guys doing 4 over while I have done 10 over twice past her and she did nothing. I did not meen to go that fast past her I just did not see her till to late but she did not do a thing and I have the only Si in town and she knows my car.

Just over all I just do not want to get cops pissed at me since I have it good right now with a good driving record and a good name in town and I just do not want the reck that.

trk
12-28-2003, 01:25 PM
I've been pulled over once going 56 in a 35... doh, yeah I got a ticket. Anyway, the cop said nothing about the car. In my last civic (lips, lowered, rice lights) I was pulled over twice and again, both times, no mentions of either car... just tickets every fucking time.

My luck sucks. I also got a speeding ticket in a school zone in a rental kia while the si was in the shop.

As for avaerage joes... I get the typical; "Is that an electric car?" , "What is that?" and of course "You like the new focus?".

Fuck.

Still love the car and every once in a while someone really notices it and gushes over it... I find it kinda funny, you either love the ep or hate it.

siver-SI
12-28-2003, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by trk
Still love the car and every once in a while someone really notices it and gushes over it... I find it kinda funny, you either love the ep or hate it.

Yea the EP is a love it or hate it car. I was at the car wash today and I had a new one asked to me.

"I never heard a I-VTEC model of car who makes that?"

He thought that the car make was a I-VTEC I had to explain to him that the car was a Honda SI and that the engine has the I-VTEC.

This just reminded me that I have to take off those huge stickers on the side of the car.

k20hatch
12-28-2003, 07:37 PM
Some like me and some HATE me...me and my buddy got tag teamed going to ECN car show last year...they raped both of out car outa a lotttt of money!

Blitzcrat
12-29-2003, 09:26 AM
Hello All! Im new to this Forum... I glad i finally found a forum that is all about EP3s. (Mini-mini-Vans ;D) I drive a Black '03 SI, its stock right now except for 2 jl WO 10's and 1 german Competition Sub..(had them in my other car '98 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST) Once again hello to all fellow EP owners.

oldschoolimport
12-29-2003, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by VividDreams
not a wise decision, they'd find a way to write you up anyway. like what? in most, if not all states, if you rear end someone, for any reason, you are at fault. the police call this following too close. it is a subjective ticket, BUT, if you hit the back of someone elses car, YOU ARE following too close. they are to maintain enough distance to stop, no matter what you (the driver in front of them) do. they are at fault for following too close. let them deal with it!!!!

blackout
12-29-2003, 10:56 AM
I've had my Si for a little over a year and I've had 3 tickets and been let out of 1. pigs never said any thing about my illeagaly tinted windshield though. and the 3 tickets were are dropped to a "driving defective vehicle" so they werent so bad for my insurance.

I just got a radar detector for christmas!!!

Si-Sissy-PA
12-29-2003, 01:13 PM
Yeah - the cops like em just finnnne.

https://teamnav.bartellbartell.com/norah/random/ticket.gif

Welcome to Pennsylvania

2.0L Monster
12-29-2003, 03:24 PM
Why is one of the charges "Driving Vehicle at Safe Speed?"

hiwind
12-29-2003, 04:07 PM

blackout
12-29-2003, 04:29 PM
dont you hate how those co@#$uckers can put just about anything in the "other" space...

WrathOfAZSI
12-29-2003, 04:48 PM
Hey Silver Si, I believe it's spelled Our

blackout
12-29-2003, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by WrathOfAZSI
Hey Silver Si, I believe it's spelled Our

Hey wrathofazsi, I believe your qoute is long and stupid. Also I believe it was K20hatch that misspelled "our", not that grammar dosn't already get picked apart enough on this forum.

And would Ben with an "N" be Nen?

Mwing
12-29-2003, 05:33 PM
Cops in Canada like it.

www.pacer.ca (http://www.pacer.ca)

But here in Vancouver,back in 2002 a White EP3 killed a cop.

TheMutt
12-29-2003, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by Si-Sissy-PA
Yeah - the cops like em just finnnne.

https://teamnav.bartellbartell.com/norah/random/ticket.gif

Welcome to Pennsylvania

Under radar, what exactly do they mean by ESP?
I hope cops aren't reading our minds now.

hondaspeed_si
12-30-2003, 02:14 AM
my girlfriend and i got pulled over one night after i ran a redlight. two state troopers pulled me over. i explained to them that i was paying attention to a riced out integra that was a few cars in front of me and didn't see the light. the cop asked me to step out of the car. the other one shined a flash light into my car and called the other cop to come check it out. they actually like the interior of the car and were tripped out by the shifter. they ended up telling me they liked the car and to have a good night. no ticket.

oldschoolimport
12-30-2003, 02:19 AM
Originally posted by hondaspeed_si
the other one shined a flash light into my car and called the other cop to come check it out. they actually like the interior of the car and were tripped out by the shifter. they ended up telling me they liked the car and to have a good night. no ticket. guess we have some kind of good mojo goin with this thing. :cool:

Si-Sissy-PA
12-30-2003, 07:23 AM
Under radar, what exactly do they mean by ESP?
I hope cops aren't reading our minds now.
LOL, well haven't you heard, they are all-knowing and omnipresent now.
(Excessive Speed Preventer)
"utilizes two sensors taped across street, connected to processing and display unit, to measure vehicle speed"

But through a little web-browsing, I found out that the police can't use that to prosecute anyone because of it's 'interpretive' nature...

Odd -- because I have been nailed by VASCAR Plus in the past -- the way IT works...
"When the suspected speeder's car passes a point determined by the officer he flips a switch. When the suspect's car passes another point, the officer turns the switch off."
That seems accurate enough to me, how about you guys? I mean we all know that police officers have cat-like motor response - they're not subject to the average human error delay or anything. And I am sure they NEVER accidentally turn the switch off too early.

priest6479
12-30-2003, 11:49 AM
OK this is what I used to drive, with headers and Dual Flowmasters, needless to say the Cops would tail my ass everytime they saw it.

http://pics.liquid-dynamics.net/oldride/aaf

I have never had one cop come near me yet since I got my EP and this is in Jersey Never the less, cops shoot first and ask questions later out here.