PDA

View Full Version : Big decision

Vierge99
12-26-2003, 08:58 PM
Ugh, I've been posting on here like everyone else about what to do with some XMas money. I was dead-set on a turbo kit but now I'm not so sure. I want off-the-line power enough to beat an SVT focus. so my three options that I'm looking at are:

1. Greddy Turbo
2. JRSC
3. Spoon or Mugen Sports ECU

What does everyone think

dj addicted
12-26-2003, 10:07 PM
no offense or anything?? but why is your goal only a ford fuckus... I mean focus.. Even the SVT isnt that fast. You shouldnt have any problems with MINOR boltons racing a focus

Peking
12-26-2003, 10:20 PM
#2 would be the easiest, and safest. #3 would be the most expensive, closely followed by the Greddy (only because I wouldn't have a turbo without a intercooler and fuel upgrades). So it really depends on how much you have, how much are you willing to spend overall, and what kind of numbers you want to put down. Be careful, more power costs more money, more time, and more labor.

Vierge99
12-27-2003, 12:48 AM
I have a skunk2 exhaust on my car right now and that's it for performance. I should have some iridium spark plugs soon but that alone doesn't put me over the Focus which really DOES have close to 160 hp at the wheels. I looked online and found that the ECU upgrades are actually CHEAPER then the JRSC and Turbo. $1300 for the Spoon ECU. They claim to raise the redline to 7700 rpm. Also, Toda has an engine kit for K20 motors that adds camshafts and an ECU upgrade that claims 50+ HP at the wheels. As measured on a Type-Slow.

LordKoo
12-27-2003, 10:57 AM
I have a skunk2 exhaust on my car right now and that's it for performance. I should have some iridium spark plugs soon but that alone doesn't put me over the Focus which really DOES have close to 160 hp at the wheels. I looked online and found that the ECU upgrades are actually CHEAPER then the JRSC and Turbo. $1300 for the Spoon ECU. They claim to raise the redline to 7700 rpm. Also, Toda has an engine kit for K20 motors that adds camshafts and an ECU upgrade that claims 50+ HP at the wheels. As measured on a Type-Slow.

Dude, stop wasting your money on this high end branded ECU. They does not do jack for A3. Unless you have a K20A1, that is a different story. I think JRSC is a simplier upgrades for more easily power. Turbo, I don't recommend it because I have seen most of the kits, they aren't what I say "ideal".